Main Menu

bored

Started by Ida_Mann, October 09, 2007, 05:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

So here I sit,,,,,last class got out at 5:15 then I have to wait till 8:30 for the next one,,,,,,it's either go get something to eat and lose my primo parking spot(right outside the door) or sit here and surf the internet in the lobby for 3 hours.

where's that on-campus bar I heard about?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

VForcedave

What are you going to be when you grow up? ;D
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Ida_Mann

hopefully not an event planner,,,,I can't even plan a day ;-)

Civil Engineering,,,,,just starting back in school.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

94Hardbody4x4

Have fun with the Civil. I've been doing engineering (intern stuff) for about 4 years now. Once I heard that I needed Calc 4 I turned to a new field, lol. I just can't do the math. Transportation is huge right now all over America. If you decide to egt another degree, go for Trans.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Ida_Mann

I'm actually looking forward to the calc,,,,I say bring it on.

and I'm trying to find a place to intern for to start because working at a PC repair shop doesn't count towards the internship ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

94Hardbody4x4

At my firm we have 2 interns fresh out of college, myself, an office "manager", and our traffic engineer. Thats it. Sad thing is I'm 18 and I bring in well over $300,000 a year for the company (more than Civil by far). If we ever have an opening I wouldn't mind throwing your name in the hat as long as your good at Cadd and know what your doing for the most part.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Ida_Mann

I have yet to even touch CAD,,,,but something is telling me I should "aquire" a copy and start playing around with it.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

digginfool

Ida, Autodesk sells full blown Student versions of Autocad for a fraction of the price of the fully licensed version.  I believe it's around $400.00 compared to nearly $3,000.00.  The sooner you learn it, the faster you will be an asset to a firm and the easier it will be to get an entry level position.  Everybody starts as a CAD tech.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Miami450R

I learned CAD last year in 10th grade in my drafting class. the basics though. its pretty neat software.
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Ida_Mann

sweet,,,,maybe I should get that then,,,,,I think there are some classes coming up in the schedule for it as well.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Ida_Mann on October 09, 2007, 07:34:22 PM
sweet,,,,maybe I should get that then,,,,,I think there are some classes coming up in the schedule for it as well.

Id@

I have AutoCad 2004.... ummmm fully legal, yeah! Well, at least the cd I copied the "backup" from is legal,lol.

Our dad is a Civil engineer, he works for a small firm in Clermont.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

dynodon

Ida, There so many different versions oa cadd, such as katia( spelling) which can be very frustrating.
But good luck persuing the education.
By the way, I have 20/20 design software that is a form of cadd if you need to try it out
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

AmericanRobster

I'm going to school for construction estimating and I think I will add an auto cad class to the schedule. Right now I am in masonry class, and in 3 weeks I will be starting steel class. Hopefully I will be getting done within the next year or so.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Bigscrb15

Quote from: dynodon on October 09, 2007, 08:17:07 PM
Ida, There so many different versions oa cadd, such as katia( spelling) which can be very frustrating.
But good luck persuing the education.
By the way, I have 20/20 design software that is a form of cadd if you need to try it out
Do people use 20/20 for anything other than Cabinet design? That's all I have seen it used for. That is some pretty amazing software. Loaded up with all the catalogs from Kraft Maid, Designers Choice, and the hardware. And then add in some flooring and wallcovering products. 3D walkthroughs of your new kitchen!!!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

94Hardbody4x4

This is something I made with spare time at work. There is now a functional 4 link and V8 inside, lol.






All done on Land Desktop
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Bigscrb15

I used to use Autodesk Inventor. I made some sweet fully functional parts.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Smoknbanshee

when you get through calc II and calc III and physics II, then you let me know if you still want to be an engineer.  The class that made me change my mind was dynamics and thermodynamics.  I am now a business major.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on October 10, 2007, 02:47:10 PM
when you get through calc II and calc III and physics II, then you let me know if you still want to be an engineer.  The class that made me change my mind was dynamics and thermodynamics.  I am now a business major.

I'll keep that in mind, but I'm pretty set at the moment,,,,my grandfather was a CE and even when I was 6 years old I used to love hearing the stories he would tell about the different projects he did.

He mainly did the water systems and drainage for cities,,,,many cities around FL owe their water/sewer systems to him, but the most famous is the Lake Eola fountain in the middle of Lake Eola in Orlando,,,,,,one of his favorite stories about that project was when they started the project they originally wanted to build it on 100'-long steel I-beams sunk into the bottom of the lake and when they were out on the barge, they stood the first one up on end and dropped it.

They never saw it again, even sent divers after it.  So the story goes that they had to re-draw the fountain to move it to another part of the lake and site on a framework that spreads out the weight over a large area that was not so deep ;-)

it's things like this that get me interested,,,,the challenges.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

FishaHallic

Rumor has it that if you go the mens room and sit in the last stall for a while you should be entertained.  If you don't have any luck after an hour or so rub your hand under the stall next to you while occupied and that should bring a reaction.   :M

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: FishaHallic on October 10, 2007, 08:34:22 PM
Rumor has it that if you go the mens room and sit in the last stall for a while you should be entertained.  If you don't have any luck after an hour or so rub your hand under the stall next to you while occupied and that should bring a reaction.   :M

WAS THAT YOU???  I wish I knew that....things would have been different.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: FishaHallic on October 10, 2007, 08:34:22 PM
Rumor has it that if you go the mens room and sit in the last stall for a while you should be entertained.  If you don't have any luck after an hour or so rub your hand under the stall next to you while occupied and that should bring a reaction.   :M

Fish for Congress 2010 ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

gonna be bored again in about an hour ;-)

class starting now.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com