Anyone riding with screws in thier neck?

Started by Mars, October 07, 2007, 10:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars

Hello all.

I had spacers put in C4/C5 and C6/C7 a plate with some screws. I will invest in a neck doughnut.
Any other thoughts?
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

exrider

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

Mars

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

UncleRico

The Gods have smiled on me, and I've never had a neck or back injury. I feel for you though. I work with a guy who has degeneritive disk failure and he's all messed up on these pain killers. It's sad, and they say there's nothing they can do to help him.

How did you hurt your neck so badly?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Mars

Doc asked me the same thing. I woke up one day with some neck pain, three months later doc found I had a crushed 4/5 and a herniated 6/7.
I've wrecked a few times but never taken a real shot to the head/neck. It must be all the years of hitting my head under trucks  ::)  (Diesel wrench by trade)
Thanks.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

eldiablo64

I've been told I have a few screws loose, but I don't think thats the same thing  lol
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

SWAMP_DONKEY

No screws... 58 stitches inside and 72 outside on the left side of the neck.

    Parker Island Hare scrambles, FTR event hit a barb wire fence :o

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

quadracer1992

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on October 08, 2007, 08:27:35 PM
No screws... 58 stitches inside and 72 outside on the left side of the neck.

    Parker Island Hare scrambles, FTR event hit a barb wire fence :o
Big ouch!!!
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

garym

you will be fine unless you take a head shot and snap your  neck.  I dont ride with and donut and have 3,4,5 screwed, plated, and hinged together.  If you ride with a helmet, you may want to do some neck exercises (isometrics)so the extra weight doesn't cause a problem

Mars

Thanks Gary.
Unless I'm putting around with the grandkids I wear a helmet.
I guess I have to splurge on a new "light weight" one, you know for my health. I might need a new bike, with better suspention, ya know for my neck.

Think she'll buy it  ;D
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Mars on October 08, 2007, 10:41:42 PM
Thanks Gary.
Unless I'm putting around with the grandkids I wear a helmet.
I guess I have to splurge on a new "light weight" one, you know for my health. I might need a new bike, with better suspention, ya know for my neck.

Think she'll buy it  ;D

  Heck I did. :o

PAPA_TRIBAL

Quote from: Mars on October 07, 2007, 10:41:49 PM
Hello all.

I had spacers put in C4/C5 and C6/C7 a plate with some screws. I will invest in a neck doughnut.
Any other thoughts?
I have a titanium plate and 6 screws in my neck. 13 years now, It hasn't effected me at all during atving.. And we have done some pretty extreme riding. I have had a couple of pretty nasty spills riding. Stay away from the persciption drugs. Never did them never will. When Im having a bad day just pop a couple of advils. They work for me. And Im 49 years old. This screwed up weather bothers me more than anything else.  And when someone ask me if I have a screw loose, I point to my neck and say yeah, This one right here...  :D :D  Hope this is some help...

East Coast Dirty Girls

my doctor told me to avoid blunt force trama to the head..........i looked at him and said i tried to avoid that before i hurt my neck.  I am supposed to have the plate and the screws put in but the docs at Shands told me that the longer i can avoid it the better.  if i have two fusion orperation now the places where the plates join your good bones will wear those down in about 10-12 years and i will have to have it fused again in 3 places..... did your doctors say anything to any of you all???  Not at all one to take the RX pills, i do think the advil will eventaully eat a whole in my stomach so i switched to Alieve.  There are the good days and the bad but i strongly suggest you get into a exercise regiment with your neck and shoulder muscles.  it helps 100% in stopping it from getting hurt over little things like sleeping on it wrong.  I was also told to NEVER ride again......but i figure if i am careful i  will be okay.  more likely to get hit in my truck.    When it is my time to go.........i am not gonna have a say in it.   ;D

Mars

Thanks all.
Spoke to the doc today. He would prefer I not do too much riding for now but I should be fine as long as I don' land on the mellon.
He stated if I did hit my head hard enough to brake something it would not be were it's fused, doesn't sound too good though. :o
He never said anything about wear and tear but then again, I might be dead tomorrow. :)
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Moose

Sorry to hear about this, I feel for ya as I've gone through 4 operations on my collar bone so far. This time with a new Dr. and it seems to be healing just fine this time. I should be released for riding in Jan. Maybe it's time to get a Rhino.
Good luck.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Mars

Good to hear from you Moose. I did not know your collor bone was still messed up.
Maria & I have had some bad luck lately. I have not been up in you neck of the woods for awhile but next time we take the kids, I'll drop you a note.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: Moose on October 10, 2007, 09:03:07 AM
Sorry to hear about this, I feel for ya as I've gone through 4 operations on my collar bone so far. This time with a new Dr. and it seems to be healing just fine this time. I should be released for riding in Jan. Maybe it's time to get a Rhino.
Good luck.

Then you would break your leg. :o

garym

Quote from: Mars on October 08, 2007, 10:41:42 PM
Thanks Gary.
Unless I'm putting around with the grandkids I wear a helmet.
I guess I have to splurge on a new "light weight" one, you know for my health. I might need a new bike, with better suspention, ya know for my neck.

Think she'll buy it  ;D
Yep, that will work...hell I went from a sport bike to my Rancher and she didn't even bat an eye at me...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com