Pushed it a little too hard

Started by 94Hardbody4x4, October 07, 2007, 06:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94Hardbody4x4

After a fun day at Grant that ended with a lout snap, I finally got the motivation to tear apart the old Honda and see what I actually broke. Turns out it wasn't a u-joint like I thought it was, rather an output shaft. Talk about a clean break, I had to look twice at it. O well, I will spend about an hour or two next weekend removing the back plate on the tranny so I can get the bearings off that are preventing the rest of the shaft from comming out.

All in all, it's not a huge issue, just a pain to get to. the tranny is fine and still shifts great. The shaft broke outside of the tranny. Poor old Honda, it can handle gallons of water down the intake but can't handle a few seconds of wheel hop.



Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

94Hardbody4x4

I just didn't want mark saying I blew up the tranny. Fortunatley it wasn't the tranny. The shaft broke a few inches outside of it so I'm in the clear somewhat.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

juggabellymoosegut


Miami450R

I was in school the other day. and i had to fart. but then a sneeze came. and I
"pushed it a little too hard"






lmao jk.
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Cory1020

I havent seen the output shafts break that often, usually its the u joint.... At least your tranny is good.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

94Hardbody4x4

I've already talked to about 5 people that have had this happen. Appearently, Honda knew this shaft was weak so they went ahead and produced a beefier, stronger shaft but never put a recall on the part. You have to wait till' it breaks to get the good one. Sucks.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Mike Hock

Holy Crap dude! Thats a nasty break! Good luck with that!
Lifted Cat on O-Laws.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com