Does croom suck?

Started by Njoutlaw88, April 06, 2005, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

Thanks for voting. I dont like croom at all.

bftclub

if i want whoops i'll ride onf for free

Chillinthemost

Yes it sucks. It was fun in the mid 80s before all the pits were wore out. It is the ONLY place in Fl. though that you can camp and ride with elect hookups :'(. Thats why I bought a weekend place in Ocala with direct access to the forest I like hot showers and AC ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Thrasher

i've been to croom twice his year since I got my new sticker in july (?)...i hate that place....more specifically, the whoops...

the whoops are unbearable, the rest of it is fine otherwise......too many other places to ride that are whoop free.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Eruption

I wish everyone that says that Croom sucks would just quit riding there!  This would cure 2 things  1. All the freaking complaining about one of the ONLY legal riding places that we don't have to race at.  AND 2. Wouldn't be as crowded on the weekends!  

Come on people, I would be willing to bet all the complainers about Croom don't venture farther then 500 yards of their vehical ???  

/end rant

Truegrit

QuoteI wish everyone that says that Croom sucks would just quit riding there!  

I did. Its not worth beating yourself up on a utility bike. If I had a sport quad, I would be singing a different tune.

It is relativly cheap when you look at it, but they do collect a lot of money yet there is no maintainace outside of the camping areas. How much would it cost to run a grater or dozer out there to level out the trails once a year?? I bet they could recover those funds pretty quick.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

ZRIDER

I love Croom.  Whoops = fun ;D

300exstangboy

I was actually thinking of going to Croom this weekend. Is it a national forest? park or is it a race track?
I was under the assumption that it was all woods, forests and mostly trails. You guys are saying "whoops"..like at a Motox track.
 ALso.. If I buy a permit for $35.00, I only get to use it till June? How is that pro-rated?  I have to pay 70% of the permit fee for  only 25% of the year? Whats  up with that?

Let me know... I am coming from Ft.Lauderdale.
Rob

Chris505

Eruption  well said...

30mins and i am riding without hassle's from the cops..

It is worth the $50 in my eyes,, even if i only camp out 2-3 times a year,,but when you want to ride you dont have to take the 2 1/2 ride to ocala,,,, i have spent more money on worse things.. ;D

the main road could use a little more care though...

If you venture off the beaten path there still are good trails that are not whooped out...
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

450RRRR

if you stay  around the out side all you can find is whoops.take a left turn and head for the middle. lots of good riding in there.like they say. if the trail is cut in deep you will find whoops. look for a trail that you cant hardley see. they are the best.

donnie_darko


Vegas

Croom would be awesome if they'd do a perimeter manicure.

I don't understand why they don't manicure the perimeter trail along the fence line.

I'm not suggesting that they do all the trails, but it  sure would be nice to have some flat straight aways to get on the throttle.

All's it would take is a bobcat, or a grade all to do the perimeter once a month.  

Hell, half the guys I run into out there are contractors with there own construction companies, they'd probably volunteer their heavy equipment.

I wonder if they'd let us do it voluntarily.

We could have a perimeter loop with one way traffic.

What do you all think.


450RRRR

next time you are there ask. and post up what they tell you

BlackBart

Too many people are looking for local riding areas to use.
pregnant dog. moan, complain but support the efforts to keep it open and enjoyable for the many of us that know it's not perfect
but enjoy a change of scenery and make the weekend trip.

Yamaha72

#14
Definently croom DOES NOT suck that place is definently awesome. Maybe for all of you utility riders its not fun. If you don't like it then dont' go. All your doing is not having fun and tearing up the trails and rutting them out.
I was there on spring break it was Preety awesome. It was my 3rd time going there. When I was there so was John Natalie Jr., Pat Brown, Dustin Wimmer, and Jeremy Schell. They are Pro GNC MX racers and they aparently liked it too. Not to mention the store OAS, without them alot of people would be stranded ust because of a stupid little part. The price is not much. And the whoops are fun going 4th gear pinned skimming over the topsof the whoops.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Yamaha72

If they opened up the MX track in the back it would be Bad A$$. but there are signs saying "no trespassing" all over that track. It is on the west side along the fence.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Eruption

The MX track is privately owned and is not part of Croom but it would be cool to ride it.  Just a warning though if you are caught out there they will prosecute.

Yamaha72

they should definently open that track up whoever owns it. they have some big jumps in there especially the tabletops at the back.TEXT
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

dirty2

its great you don't go there all of the time [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

raptor426

Croom is without a dout one of the best places i have been riding.  Last time I was there over spring break with Yamaha72, we had a really awesome time.  Ya, sometimes the whoops can get a little annoying, but on a sports quad, it is ALOT of fun.  If you guys dont like it, the quit complaining and dont go anymore.  The store OAS is also a lifesaver.  When I was there over spring break, Yamaha72 broke his clutch cable the first day, if OAS wasnt there, he would have had to sit at the campsites for the rest of the trip.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Njoutlaw88

QuoteI did. Its not worth beating yourself up on a utility bike. If I had a sport quad, I would be singing a different tune.

It is relativly cheap when you look at it, but they do collect a lot of money yet there is no maintainace outside of the camping areas. How much would it cost to run a grater or dozer out there to level out the trails once a year?? I bet they could recover those funds pretty quick.

I argree.

Njoutlaw88

QuoteCroom would be awesome if they'd do a perimeter manicure.

I don't understand why they don't manicure the perimeter trail along the fence line.

I'm not suggesting that they do all the trails, but it  sure would be nice to have some flat straight aways to get on the throttle.

All's it would take is a bobcat, or a grade all to do the perimeter once a month.  

Hell, half the guys I run into out there are contractors with there own construction companies, they'd probably volunteer their heavy equipment.

I wonder if they'd let us do it voluntarily.

We could have a perimeter loop with one way traffic.

What do you all think.


I think its a great idea.

400exRacer77

#22
QuoteYes it sucks. It was fun in the mid 80s before all the pits were wore out. It is the ONLY place in Fl. though that you can camp and ride with elect hookups :'(. Thats why I bought a weekend place in Ocala with direct access to the forest I like hot showers and AC ;D



i dont really remember the mid 80's but they used to have alot of hills and stuff the only thing i like about it is the whoops and no mans land ( property out back ) the place ur not supossed to go. i havent been to croom in prolly 2 years it prolly sux now!
2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......

dvx400#1

croom must not suck that bad, since is has been open since 1973, i would have to say that a lot of people like it if not it would had been shut down a long long time ago. i do agree with some of you it needs a litle better takink care of. ;)