Saltsdale Sand Drags April 23, 2005

Started by Smoknbanshee, March 17, 2005, 02:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

HAHA....the rabbit run was destructive for me...bent front bumper.....missing some bolts from exhaust......

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

BadCompany350

We dont run clay in Valdosta either, we were still fast enough.  BTW, were going to watch the fast bikes and bracket race with the slow ones.
Bad Company Racing's Jockey
Slow Banshee

Smoknbanshee

are you guys coming to saltsdale?  is hazelhurst having a race this 3rd saturday?  I will be in baxley that weekend at the hunting camp and will ride over if they are....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

BadCompany350

I think hazelhurst is racing and i think we are coming to saltsdale.  Not completely sure on either.
Bad Company Racing's Jockey
Slow Banshee

Zilla_Kid

Word on the street is that someone will be there in MAY looking for pocket change's triple.....



Hey smoke are they looking to take pictures of his triple, or looking to get there a$$ handed to them in May?
1982 YZ 490
1986 LT 250R
1987 TRX 250R
1988 CR 250R
1988 Kawasaki Tecate 4
1989 lone star 250R
2004 Suzuki LTZ 400
2007 kawasaki brute force 750

Smoknbanshee

i am just telling you what i heard....from what i hear the guy says he will see them at planet sand, and then he will be looking for them in may....don't shot the person that relays the message....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

tribal_shee

I don't think you have to worry about pocket change coming back to saltsdale. not enough stopping room for them bikes. Hell, Rick almost ate the hill last time they were there!!!
'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

Smoknbanshee

GA boyz.....I have been hearing about these cub cylinders for about 2 weeks now, so what do you guys think of them?  Word is on the street that the cub cylinders are faster than anything you guys have brought down.  Looks like you guys might want to be here on the 23rd to find out.  Tony Farrow, Badcompany, it might be interesting....I am just telling you what I am hearing through the grapevine....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

i HAVE A SIMPLE QUESTION?

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CUB CYLINDER AND A STOCK CYLINDER THAT HAS BEEN DRAG PORTED?

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

Alright, I am going to answer with a question......

Why are people making/selling/buying the cub cylinders if you could do the same with a set of stock cylinder that are drag ported?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Quad32x

Thats  what  I  want  to  know  damnit !!! :-/  And  what  about  the  new  sausage  port  cylinders  ive  heard  so  much  about ? ;D ;D ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Smoknbanshee

here........everyone wants to say that the cubs will always produce more power than the stock cylinders.....I have talked with a few tracks, and the cub cylinders are running in the open class.....the rules have always been OEM cylinders...

http://www.patriotracing.net/Cheetah%20Cub.htm

http://www.bansheeracing.com/cubdyno.jpg

Hope this explains it....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

#112
jason, you and I both know A&S dyno numbers are full of $hit..
kinda like the numbers trinity puts out :-/
patriot says it the same as i would its a cheaper alternitive to porting... its not like these powervalve deals..

any exception to this rule if you have a stock swing arm?
its truly a trade off having a bike that has a stockish motor with a long swingarm and a built engine without a long swing arm.

Honestly, what chance would i have running with bikes that are 12" over? None, as of now there is no class that i fit in,
If i dont go, my dad and brother arnt going... so no one is winning here......
 
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

It is hard for me to sit here and put you in a class with stock OEM cylinders....This past month we actually didn't have any bike in the open class.  The past few months the fastest bike out there was the orange crush.  I mean this is going to be the first month I see a set of cub cylinders run (if frank shows up).  When we set these rules 2 months ago, we all agreed that they would stand for one year.  I am not going to change the rules now.  My take is that it is not cheaper to go with the cub cylinders, because that price of 900 is for basic monoblock cylinder, not including stroker crank, port or anything.  I mean I would love to see you guys out there, but you knew the rules before you bought the cylinder...

There will be a new class....It's call the "Put up or Shut up Class"  you put up $50 or $100 dollars up and challenge someone either heads up or best 2 out of 3, whatever...we will do this at the end of the day....

Rollcall......Who's coming?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

#114
i LIKE YOU JASON BUT I FEEL YOU MAKING A MISTAKE,,
EVER THOUGHT OF MAKING A NEW CLASS?
HOW ABOUT MOD STOCK SWING ARM?
NO ONE WANTS TO RACE 3 CYL BIKES,NOS BIKES. RACING A BASIC (NON DRAG) BIKE..
I WOULDNT PAY $35 TO RACE FLAT TRACK..
MUCH LESS KNOWING I WAS THROWING THE MONEY AWAY..
ITS EITHER THAT, OR THE 5 OF US WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, PROVIDED THE RULES CHANGE...OR WE GET ON SANDMOUNTAIN'S A$$ ABOUT OPENING THIER SAND DRAGS....

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

Hey  smoke , maybe  just  put  ware  in  the  2 stroke  class  cause  we  all  know  he  aint  fast !! :o  Kind  of  like  you  did  for  the  gasgas !! ;D You  could  maybe  ask  the  other  guys  at  the  drivers  meeting. ;)    Just  my  2  cents  ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Smoknbanshee

I will tell you that my stock stroke, stock bore motor is not scared of ware's cubs.  You will probably be the only one running in that class, if I make a new one.  I will tell you what I will do just for you.  I will talk to the 2-stroke mod class and see what they say.  Just so no one gets on my a$$ about this, these cubs are a brand new cylinder, that is the ONLY reason I am even considering letting him in the class.  If other people don't object, I am cool.  You do have to understand that there is not enough money down here for pocket change, so they probably won't be back.  And to be honest, those cubs should run with anything in open.  Ware, your wareing me out, but I will see what I can do.  If I do let you run, you and your whole family better become regulars.

About the whole sandmountain comment....Is this a threat or a promise?  Your not talking to someone that makes a living at saltsdale, so I could give a $hit less whether I am smoking your a$$ in your front yard, saltsdale, sandmountain, valdosta, etc.  I put these sand drags on, because people come out, have a great time, race, talk smack, eat, and enjoy themselves.  You guys just let me know when you are tired of coming, think the rules are $hitty, don't like me, etc. and we can stop racing.  I race one time a month, because I enjoy doing other $hit in my life.  GET MY DRIFT?
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

#117
dang jason! get mean why dont ya! thanks for talking to the masses for me, LET me know what they say at the next meeting, i dont want to drive there just to be turned away..it would be appreaciated. BTW the cubs i have arnt ported, remember short Flat track?.. top end power isnt where i need it.. how about this if i win, ill give 25% to the second place guys. But i think you know i dont have much chance of being in the top 3 even..

No there was no threat there, it was more of a complement,
sand mountian is 40min from me, SD is 2 hrs. i would rather go to SD because of the friends i have made there, you included..

Now thats this "smoking your a$$ comment?"... your scaring me jason.. I didnt know you were like that [smiley=Wink.gif].... quad said so but i didnt belive it! ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

Smokes right.  I was going to buy the cubs  a while back.I checked with a few tracks they said if I bought them I would have to run in out law class with them big bikes. Unless you have alot of money those cubs are not going to out run a triple cly bike. Pocket change racing has more money than they know what to do with it. They just bought a 20mil bike that runs as fast as the triple. THE THING ABOUT THE CUBS IS THERE IS MORE  room to do some awsome portwork. you can only go and port so much on stk cyl.  MY 2 CENTS.
Wicked Racing TEAM    [url="//www.341dirtdrags.com"]www.341dirtdrags.com[/url]

LE450-RACER#77

Quotejason, you and I both know A&S dyno numbers are full of $hit..
kinda like the numbers trinity puts out :-/
patriot says it the same as i would its a cheaper alternitive to porting... its not like these powervalve deals..

HEY WARE IF A&S'S DYNO NUMBERS ARE sh*t TELL ME WHY HIS WIFE HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD ON HER BANSHEE.........







any exception to this rule if you have a stock swing arm?
its truly a trade off having a bike that has a stockish motor with a long swingarm and a built engine without a long swing arm.

Honestly, what chance would i have running with bikes that are 12" over? None, as of now there is no class that i fit in,
If i dont go, my dad and brother arnt going... so no one is winning here......
 
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

LE450-RACER#77

AS FOR THE PUT UP OR SHUT UP CLASS.............I SURE HOPE MY BIKE IS READY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SHUT OL SMOKE UP ABOUT THE orange this orange that SHEOT.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

tribal_shee

Jason, If you were to do anything, put the cubs in the full mod class, cause in the mod class to many people have just pipes and are running. they wouldn't have a chance! Dude those cubs don't need to be drag ported, they come stock drag ported. Ware If your bike runs anything like Franks bike there is no way I would let you run in mod class. TOO MUCH POWER. Don't get me wrong I'll probably end up w/ a set before it's over, cause you can't even compare a stock set of  drag ported cylinders to these! On top of stroking them!!!  
'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires

PAPA_TRIBAL

hey steve i think banshee chick is charlie ohtons wife. you might want to check that. that would be ohton racing not a and s.

Hoosier Daddy

#123
QuoteJason, If you were to do anything, put the cubs in the full mod class, cause in the mod class to many people have just pipes and are running. they wouldn't have a chance! Dude those cubs don't need to be drag ported, they come stock drag ported. Ware If your bike runs anything like Franks bike there is no way I would let you run in mod class. TOO MUCH POWER. Don't get me wrong I'll probably end up w/ a set before it's over, cause you can't even compare a stock set of  drag ported cylinders to these! On top of stroking them!!!  

It DOESNT ask frank... we got our parts from the same man,
we have totally different set ups...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

#124
LE,

Yep franks right,, dont even have your facts right when your tring to rip me... [smiley=laugh.gif]
ITs always the ones who are scared... :-/
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com