Valve adjustment symptoms?

Started by KD 428, October 05, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD 428

Hey I have a 450r and its running crappy.

Does anyone know the symptoms leading to adjusting the valves on it?

Thanks,
       Kenny
HONDA CRF450R

94Hardbody4x4

It'll begine to tick alot and I'm sure you might notice a loss in power. Have you had the initial adjustment done yet? After the break-in period you are supposed to bring it back to the dealer and they will adjust it for free.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

tallyt

I thought you were supposed to have it done after the break in time too.But when i
to my 05 Grizzly back to Martins Yamaha in Ocala to get the service, they said
they wouldnt adjust the valves unless they were rattling.i guess ive been lucky,i have had
no problems and ahve about 175 hrs on it. BTW all my dealer service is done at Champions
in Leesburg. Just my thoughts.

Turboderf

i have 06 450r and ran bad idle gos up & down kicks back i did a new piston and replaced valves with kibblewhite spring kit and did a valve job bike runs like a new one idles great the hondas have a problem with the valves go over to atvriders.com and read some of the post good luck

KD 428

Well I haven't had mine done yet. and now when I start it, it just idles, but when I give it gas it boggs out. I checked my air filter, gas, changed oils/oil filter and it still does it. I haven't checked the carb yet, but I think Im just gonna take it in to Honda to get the valves adjusted.
HONDA CRF450R

lugnuts

you should have your valves checked at least after 30-40 hr of regular running 15-20hr if racing.you dont normaly get them comming in tapping. when they are out of adjustment because they wear and get tighter as the valve is setting deeper in the head. usally bike runs poor at idle has loss of power and idle will hunt or surge also hard to start when cold if you have any ? call me.

steve@N'MOTION PERFORMANCE
727-432-0270
2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com