Registering your quad

Started by racefan15, October 03, 2007, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racefan15

How many ppl register theit bikes? I got the title for the new Brute i just bought, but I am being offered a really good deal on a vinson 500 for wife but it only has certificate of Origin.. I called 2 different Tag Offices, and they both said that if the bike is older than a 2002, then i can get the title for it, but if it is newer than an 02, then I will never be able to title it (hence, register it)
I guess it doesnt matter for my land in Suburban estates, but I might want ot take it somehere else someday and I know a lot of places require registration.
Also, I dont think I can get insurance for it unless it is registered/titled to me...
Would you all stiull buy it seeing 99% of my riding will be in a gated preserve, or would you still not????

TRX450R_Racer

You can title any year make or model ATV. The people you are talking to don't know what they are talking about.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

psd

if you go two different tag agencies you will get 2 different answers.
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125

Turboderf

just go down to the tag office with a bill of sale and tell them you want a title if the bike is older then 02 you will have to pay tax if you bill of sale is before july 02 you will pay no tax they will try to make to you pay tax make them ( Tag Office ) look you on page 3 in there computer when the law to title off road bikes started good luck

UncleRico

Well to answer this question correctly, you would have to invite all of us to ride on your gated preserve. That way we can get a true understanding of your situation.

Seriously though, I've owned many different types of quads over the years in many different states, and I've never REGISTERED my bikes.   The only place I've ever had to show any form of paper work was to get stickered at CROOM and that was just the title.

Registering your bike is a waste of money IMO.

Of course, I've never had insurance on any of mine. (The thinking being no one would be stupid enough to steal from me).
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

apkkfx400

Rumor around ONF is if your seen or stopped by a forestry official without a green registered tag you will get a citation and I can't remember if it's going to be $75-$150.  Could be a nasty rumor but I've heard it from a few good sources!!  I'm getting mine this week before going back out this weekend.

Mark

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com