New to Riverview, FL...where can you ride?

Started by kwgreenwell, June 08, 2007, 03:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkremenGSXR

QT314 most of what you say is true. But its not the quads that are causing the main problem there. Its the youngins after dark. I have met with and talked to hunters out there and was told by them they dont mind us riding there. But I was also told by an OWNER that SWIFTMUD was seriously thinking about forcing the landowners to sell. and it wasnt because of the quads. As for the hunting season you are correct. I was told to stay up front during hunting season. Also the feeders have been seen by FWC so tell your buddies to becareful as they are being watched very closely now. I actually ride with one from time to time and I didnt even know he knew about the SPOT until he left a note on my truck one night while he was watching for illegal hunting at feeders. I dont take people there, but the local spots are cool and cops dont say a word as long as they are kept cleaned up. Besides who cares all of our spots will be gone sooner or later. Might as well enjoy them now.
It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!

KB

Skremen,
I always said what got ONF closed was due to the partying out there at night, between 11 pm & 5 am.



wasntme

The place actually has a name...Rancho. We were out there all day Sunday and it was a blast. Some people ran into a supposed "owner" who said no more riding till Feb. But were heard a few different stories from other riders. Including one story of where this owner said that riders vehicles will be burned and riders shot at. I would have loved to hear that first hand. I broke my Rhino Friday so it will be several weeks before I can go again.

kwgreenwell

I have appreciated everybody's comments since i posted my "Where to ride" question....I have actually been away for quite some time and i will try to go through all the posts; however, now that i am back, does anyone have anymore suggestions for current spots to go riding?? I have yet to riding anywhere locally but I am trying to make plans to go up to Croom but anything would be nice. Thanks.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com