pre-race inspection for QS#2? HELP

Started by dirtyrooster, October 01, 2007, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyrooster

I'm curious if my front left tire will cause me to miss out on the fun. It's got a small tear in the sidewall about 1 inch long but leaks no air, I even had it pressure tested. Will this effect me w/ pre-race inspection??? :'(
'06 Predator 500

atvtrailer

Quote from: dirtyrooster on October 01, 2007, 04:25:33 PM
I'm curious if my front left tire will cause me to miss out on the fun. It's got a small tear in the sidewall about 1 inch long but leaks no air, I even had it pressure tested. Will this effect me w/ pre-race inspection??? :'(

as far as i know the inspection is just to make sure you meet all the requirements (96db,spark arrestor, tether, number plates)
05 450r #13B

dirtyrooster

Quote from: atvtrailer on October 01, 2007, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: dirtyrooster on October 01, 2007, 04:25:33 PM
I'm curious if my front left tire will cause me to miss out on the fun. It's got a small tear in the sidewall about 1 inch long but leaks no air, I even had it pressure tested. Will this effect me w/ pre-race inspection??? :'(

as far as i know the inspection is just to make sure you meet all the requirements (96db,spark arrestor, tether, number plates)
good deal, thanks
'06 Predator 500

TRX450R_Racer

The tire won't be a problem unless you get a flat. You will always find someone to help you out. I don't know what the bolt pattern on a Polaris is, but most people bring extra rims and tires.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mudnuri

TRX is right. What size is it? I have two spare, stockers from my YFZ. You can have one if you need it.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Chillinthemost

#5
Quote from: mudnuri on October 01, 2007, 07:49:14 PM
TRX is right. What size is it? I have two spare, stockers from my YFZ. You can have one if you need it.
And I have the tools to change the tire for you if you need it.

Yes, we will do anything to help get someone started in our sick little world of XC racing. Your bike and your body will never be the same again, and you will look at non racers as a bunch of sissies and only want to hang out with us cool guys. ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Chillinthemost on October 01, 2007, 08:06:14 PM
Quote from: mudnuri on October 01, 2007, 07:49:14 PM
TRX is right. What size is it? I have two spare, stockers from my YFZ. You can have one if you need it.
And I have the tools to change the tire for you if you need it.

Yes, we will do anything to help get someone started in our sick little world of XC racing. Your bike and your body will never be the same again, and you will look at non racers as a bunch of sissies and only want to hang out with us cool guys. ;D

Back in the day when everyone was racing TRX250Rs. I let someone borrow a spare m\ignition module so he could race. Yea, you guessed it. HE BEAT ME! Bummer! The name of the game is to have fun.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dirtyrooster

you guys rock! I think the lug is 4/110 and 21x7-10. Last time I rode it held up so I'm hoping for the best. The mailman was supposed to bring the tether and # plates today, but no signs of a package yet. I'm getting ancy.
'06 Predator 500

dirtyrooster

YEEEHAAA! mailman delivered the goods!
'06 Predator 500

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jimmy660

Not sure of the lug pattern but I do have Yammy wheels but I also have a polaris trail blazer. If need be I'll pull the wheels off of it and bring them. It is at my parents quad shop in ocala but I'm going there tommorrow to pick up some stuff . Call me if you need the wheels 904 338 1275. I can also have my mom bring them sat morning if you don't read  this in time.
   I also ordered several # plates and will have them at the race Fri if anyone needs them. I'll sell them for the same thing I paid but without shipping or taxes. I will have black plates , white plates and red backgrounds. If anyone needs a different color let me know and I'll try to get it on time.I also have several numbers.
  As far as tech ... you can race on rims if you want!!!!!!!!!!!   
YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

predatorracer8

Quote from: atvtrailer on October 01, 2007, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: dirtyrooster on October 01, 2007, 04:25:33 PM
I'm curious if my front left tire will cause me to miss out on the fun. It's got a small tear in the sidewall about 1 inch long but leaks no air, I even had it pressure tested. Will this effect me w/ pre-race inspection??? :'(

as far as i know the inspection is just to make sure you meet all the requirements (96db,spark arrestor, tether, number plates)

this is probably a dumb question.... wat is a tether

RAD 450r

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

predatorracer8

Quote from: RAD 450r on October 03, 2007, 01:44:13 AM
A tether is a Killswitch

ya i got it like 10 seconds later ive never heard anyone refer to it as a tether before thanks

dirtyrooster

'06 Predator 500

dirtyrooster

Quote from: jimmy660 on October 03, 2007, 12:41:01 AM
Not sure of the lug pattern but I do have Yammy wheels but I also have a polaris trail blazer. If need be I'll pull the wheels off of it and bring them. It is at my parents quad shop in ocala but I'm going there tommorrow to pick up some stuff . Call me if you need the wheels 904 338 1275. I can also have my mom bring them sat morning if you don't read  this in time.
   I also ordered several # plates and will have them at the race Fri if anyone needs them. I'll sell them for the same thing I paid but without shipping or taxes. I will have black plates , white plates and red backgrounds. If anyone needs a different color let me know and I'll try to get it on time.I also have several numbers.
  As far as tech ... you can race on rims if you want!!!!!!!!!!!   
YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW
Sweet deal if you bring some #'s. I really didn't want to sport the custom electrical tape #'s 8)
'06 Predator 500

Southern Outlaw

hey Rooster I have #'s at Cycle Gear.. corner of 9a and Beach ask for Wayne
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

dirtyrooster

Quote from: Southern Outlaw on October 07, 2007, 01:40:25 PM
hey Rooster I have #'s at Cycle Gear.. corner of 9a and Beach ask for Wayne
You're not to far from my house. I'll stop in and see you next week. Thanks Wayne! Which side of the intersection are you on?
'06 Predator 500

Southern Outlaw

On the right as you go east toward the beach...same as Strike Zone and Gene's Seafood
TEAM OUTLAW
"The POSSE"
4 W. Sturgis
29 W. Davis
92 D. Davis
104 C. Longmire
116 J. Benton
921 K.Davis

"Sit tall in the saddle, Hold your head up high
Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky
And live like you ain't afraid to die
And don't be scared, just enjoy you

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com