7.3 owners ....

Started by WickedBanshee, September 18, 2007, 09:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

I don't own a 7.3, but I can say the AFE is preffered over the K&N, and as far as exhaust, dont go too cheap, get a name brand like MBRP, or Silverline.

goto www.powerstroke.org and look up the DIY intakes, most people say they get better performance than the other aftermarket intakes.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Smoknbanshee

AFE 2 will yeild cooler EGT's and it flows more air.  I have the stage I and I wish I had the stage II.  Go with stainless steel exhaust, I have a 4" and I love it. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

WickedBanshee

The exhaust I'm looking at is a stainless MagnaFlow 4" no tip included........So don't go with the cheaper K&N open intake ?   What do yall think about the Pillar Mount and Gauges?? Good deal or not?
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

Bigscrb15

Quote from: WickedBanshee on September 18, 2007, 09:47:28 PM
The exhaust I'm looking at is a stainless MagnaFlow 4" no tip included........So don't go with the cheaper K&N open intake ?   What do yall think about the Pillar Mount and Gauges?? Good deal or not?

you can't go wrong with gauges, they will save you especially if you tow a lot.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

MuddFreak77

MBRP stainless exhaust, AFE Stage 2 ProGuard 7 intake system.  Guages (pillar, dash, or under dash mount) are always a good idea if you are planning on towing, and NECESSARY if you are going to chip or tune the truck.  Personally I like the pillar mount cause they are in your face.  If you have an Auto tranny you want the EGT, Boost, and Tranny temp guages.  Check out www.dieselsite.com

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Chuck_Norris

Quote from: WickedBanshee on September 18, 2007, 09:47:28 PM
The exhaust I'm looking at is a stainless MagnaFlow 4" no tip included........So don't go with the cheaper K&N open intake ?   What do yall think about the Pillar Mount and Gauges?? Good deal or not?

Dont use K&N for anything if you want your turbo to last. The K&N will not stop enough dirt and dust to prevent the turbo from being sandblasted. another system you might look into is offered by AEM their filters stop more debris from entering the intake.They Claim 98% .
The AFE system is good so long as you get the 7 layer version. The AFE filters are similar to the K&N only more gauze is used. Their Tech line is pretty good also
another site to check out is www.thedieselstop.com

WickedBanshee

Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

WickedBanshee

Ok i have my exhaust and gauges picked out ......NOW a intake .......hmmmmm there are a few to choose ...K&N is out tho ....I like the AFE stage 2 but it is a little pricey ........What about the    AEM BRUTE FORCE INTAKE  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-BRUTE-FORCE-INTAKE-FORD-F-SERIES-7-3-DIESEL-99-03_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ006QQitemZ160155351438QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V................


What about the DIY (i think this is the same as the Tymar)  It seems easy enough to do and is cheap!  How does this compare to the other intakes ?


Thanks for the help guys !
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com