OHV Stickers and getting a title

Started by C5, September 16, 2007, 09:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C5

Hello all, I have a question, I have 2 ATV's and I live in Jacksonville florida, me and my fiance want to start doing some (legal)riding without getting hassled. I keep seeing on the reviews most places want a OHV registration sticker. Are these a problem to get and how much?, and Second I dont have a Title for any of my 2 ATV's, do I need one to get a OHV sticker?
Thanks

lswjth2


KB

#2
C5,
       Go to 4th page & read the topic "old bike, need a title" posted by 300 quadruner.

Read it good, it explains a lot of good info.

(thanks to TRX450Racer)

C5

Thanks all, you guys are full of helpful info!
Thanks  again

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

C5

Ok, Everything You guys Said Helped alot, but now I'm trying to Fill in The VIN/ ID Numbers
I Cant Find Them?, Do They exist?

2002 Honda Recon ES  TRX250TE2

1987 Honda 250X

Thanks for the Help
Chris

KB

i think they should be on the frame near the footpeg, maybe they been painted over.

C5

Thanks, I will keep looking, after a quick look, I still dont see anything, I will pull it out in the daylight tommorow, jack it up and look everywhere possible, thanks

Bounty1

#8
The vin number should be stamped in the frame on the left side. About where your left foot goes.



                                  www.floridaatvinvasion.com

KB

should be stamped, could be painted over though.

C5

Well now that you guys all helped me get the VIN location and numbers....I went to the Tag agency....They are making it hard as it possibly be to do the "right" thing and follow the Rules....they are now telling me that none of the previous owners of my 2002 Recon, or 1987 250X...had been registered before...no Duh, I'm thinking...they said I need a "certificate of origin" and something else from the last owner..in my case owners!..the 87 could have been sold 20 times before, the 2002 no telling either...why cant this just be easy?...the VIN numbers and bill of sale should be proof that they are not stolen, they said they want to make sure the previous owners paid tax???, even though I will be paying tax.
I read on the Rodman pit area site from the Forest Ranger or "official site" of the forest  you don't need a Decal to ride...Is this true?? has anyone ever been stopped, checked or ticketed?
Thanks for any more help....I feel like just because my ATV's are older I'm not going to be allowed to ride anywhere legally.
Thanks again
Chris

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com