camping area's

Started by outtolunch, September 14, 2007, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outtolunch

Possibly looking for a needle in a hay stack here, but I'll ask anyway.

Family is wanting to go camping (tent style).  We are looking for a place that is ATV friendly, kid friendly 9yr old and 2 yr old.  Would also like a place to swim, creeks are just fine.  If anybody knows of any areas in NW FL or southren AL. any help would be apreciated.

Thanks,

Blair
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

ananomaly

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

KB

I love Ginnie Springs, in High Springs, Fl.
They seem to be OK w/ quiet quads around the campground but have to drive them slow(not an ATV park), use to be some property next door to them that people would ride ATV's on.
They rent canoes,tubes, snorkels & fins out.

It's a beautiful place to camp, just don't take the kids on a holiday weekend, it gets outta control sometimes, I think they have U.F. innitiations there or somethin sometimes.
Once a girl walked up to me in my camp, she was but naked & asked if I had a lighter or matches.

they have a web site.

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

ScooterB

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

outtolunch

Quote from: ScooterB on September 14, 2007, 05:32:34 PM
Quote from: bushwacker on September 14, 2007, 05:14:58 PM
http://peacerivercampground.com/

thats a haul from NW FLA  ;)

That's quite a drive, I don't think I could handle being in the truck that long with my wife nagging the whole way and the kids asking if we are there yet.
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

KB

www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com

they don't mind quiet quads to go to the restroom/showers or the little sandwich shop, don't know how they would feel if you brought a trailer full of quads there though, a golf cart would be perfect there.

outtolunch

Quote from: KB on September 14, 2007, 06:01:24 PM
www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com

they don't mind quiet quads to go to the restroom/showers or the little sandwich shop, don't know how they would feel if you brought a trailer full of quads there though, a golf cart would be perfect there.

Looking for something a little more ATV friendly, if that is even possible.  I saw southren ridge, but the wife shot it down cause there is no swimming for her and the two year old.  I appreciate the effort however.  That looks like a fun place to hang out, will have to check it out sometime.
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

kawGIRL

How about Apalachicola National Forest?  Suppose to be nice.
Camping, Dogs OK, ATV Trails, Swimming  ;D

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/tates_hell.html

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

outtolunch

Quote from: kawGIRL on September 14, 2007, 06:35:44 PM
How about Apalachicola National Forest?  Suppose to be nice.
Camping, Dogs OK, ATV Trails, Swimming  ;D

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/tates_hell.html


Thanks, I forwarded it to the wife, lets she want she finds wrong with this one. ;D
2006 Honda Ricon 680 (bout time)

kawGIRL

If you end up there....let me know how it is ;)
Thanks
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com