tire pressure????

Started by bigwake, September 14, 2007, 02:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigwake

i just got an 04 ltz400..what psi should i put in the tires? front and back? thanx

TRX450R_Racer

5 to 6lbs front

4 1/2 to 5 rear  for trail riding and XC racing

I don't know what the MX guys run, but I would think it would be more.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

bigwake

ok thanx! i ride trails mostly..so this should help

Fox17

id go as low as it says you can. in the owners manual or on the tire or the caution signs on the bike. teh lower it is, the better hook up, better acceleration but you lose a lil top speed, and much softer ride. in our ranchers, we have them around 3-4. i think its 3.6.

TRX450R_Racer

I wouldn't go below 4.5lbs if you ride hard, unless you have beadlocks. You will end up popping a tire off of the bead.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

bigwake

well i dont have beadlocks..so i'll try 6 or so..it just seems right now when i ride down the street, the whole bike like rolls on the rims..like the tires are really low..but i haven't checked the pressure yet..and i dont have my manual yet either..thanx

yfzOrlando


svtbolt04

You bought a z400 and a banshee?

You can run 5.5 lbs in the front, 5 in the rear. Good combo.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

bigwake

ya..i got em for good deals..for my dad and i to ride..we've had the 2 wheelers but with all the rain..mud and crap..we just need 4 wheelers..i hate to see my 2003 yz450f go for sale but i got to

CountryBoy

For MX which i ride, ill put anywhere from 7-10 ibs in the rear and anywhere from 10-14 in the front. On muddy nights ill put less.
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

dirtyrooster

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 14, 2007, 03:31:42 PM
I wouldn't go below 4.5lbs if you ride hard, unless you have beadlocks. You will end up popping a tire off of the bead.
Man have I been there. someone suggested I run 8 lbs up front.
'06 Predator 500

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: dirtyrooster on October 01, 2007, 04:38:12 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 14, 2007, 03:31:42 PM
I wouldn't go below 4.5lbs if you ride hard, unless you have beadlocks. You will end up popping a tire off of the bead.
Man have I been there. someone suggested I run 8 lbs up front.

8lbs is too much. I wouldn't run over 6lbs for woods/XC.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

UncleRico

I use a complex equation for freestyle which takes into account the riders weight, the bike, the landing surface, the humidity, ambient temperature, and amount of stickers on your fender flares. It's really simple once you plug in all the variables.

Basically...

                   x =  –b ±√(b2 – 4ac) /2a + x2 = bx + c/(y+3) x = 3√(d/2 + √e) + 3√(d/2 – √e)

... will get you the exact pressure that you need down to the last molecule.





 
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

bigwake

HA...........got any jokes that aren't extremely lame? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

predatorracer8

Quote from: UncleRico on October 04, 2007, 01:30:27 AM
I use a complex equation for freestyle which takes into account the riders weight, the bike, the landing surface, the humidity, ambient temperature, and amount of stickers on your fender flares. It's really simple once you plug in all the variables.

Basically...

                   x =  –b ±√(b2 – 4ac) /2a + x2 = bx + c/(y+3) x = 3√(d/2 + √e) + 3√(d/2 – √e)

... will get you the exact pressure that you need down to the last molecule.


oh look its uncle rico the physicist!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o




 


FoxHondaRider

it all depends on what your doing.  If you want to slide around turns like a drift I suggest a higher PSI.  For getting traction, lower PSI.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

bigwake

yep i figured it out thanx