Bike getting a makeover

Started by Ride1Rob, August 31, 2007, 08:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Tore the bike down and she's going to have somewhat of a new look. Frame getting a new color, front and rear arms getting recoated, rims and nerfs getting touched up and somewhat of a makeover. I'm only a few days into the work and this is what's done so far...



















8)


Will post more pics as I go on...
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

snowmanzz13

pertyyyy whats your vision for the out come?
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

310R_Dude

For the time being, you are on an alias: "Rebuild1Rob" status :)

Nicshe' job so far mon'
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Ride1Rob

#4
Quote from: snowmanzz13 on August 31, 2007, 09:41:18 PM
pertyyyy whats your vision for the out come?

As of now my mind is constantly changing. Nothing is really set in stone until I start working. I mixed this paint right before I sprayed it (3 different colors). Kept mixing it and looking at in the sun until I got the effect that I wanted. Will be adding a new Thumper seat cover. The arms (front and rear) will just be the basic black w/out the metallic and clearcoated. Rims and nerfs will be flat black with the nerf nets being changed to silver. When I first did this on my nerfs and rims I experimented with different types of paint. The paint that I'm using on them is not even an auto paint and it's not cleared. It bonds well to the surface if preped correctly and looks just like Powder coat. Rather than chip, it gouges. I'm going to try to give the nerfs a rough effect. Basically it should look like it's a tad rough rather than smooth. I want a scheme that'll work if I change my graphics to another setup I won't be limited like I was with the Candy frame. With this setup I can get graphics with blue, white, red, orange, or others.


Quote from: 310R_Dude on September 01, 2007, 12:05:39 AM
For the time being, you are on an alias: "Rebuild1Rob" status :)

Nicshe' job so far mon'

Yeah, that title fits me better at this time doesn't it  :D . Hopefully  :-\ , I'll be done painting and clearing today and I can start
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Ride1Rob

Well, it's coming along nicely. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and started back putting it together. Didn't get call it a day until after 9pm. Here are more pics.















This is how she's sitting now...


If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

YFZ450-Tampa

Looking good, Rob, you have the hardest part done, prep and paint those frames are a pain, keep it going, see when we can get some riding bod.
Luis
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Ride1Rob

Well, she's done! Got everything back on. I didn't know how this was going to turn out but I'm pleased with the results. Have a silver barpad on the way from Fasst Flexx so the red one will be gone this week.











If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Young Gun

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com