Home Depot or Lowes?

Started by AmericanRobster, September 10, 2007, 01:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

College Student seeking a new job.

Home Depot
8 (42.1%)
Lowes
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 20, 2007, 01:06:58 PM

AmericanRobster

I am a college student, and seeking a new job at Home Depot or Lowes. I haven't made up my mind yet as far as where I want to work. Health and Dental insurance is a MUST HAVE!!!
They all have good benefits and employees can grow with the company.

Home Depot doesn't list hardly any benefits, but Lowes does offer alot if you look on thier website.

Also, Does anyone know of anyone who works at either Home Depot or Lowes?

Thanks,
Rob

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

dynodon

I dont know anyone who works at either, BUT, The way the economy is right now, a job is a job.
May have decide whether to work or not. Most of the home improvement places arent hiring right now, infact, most are keeping a lower staff on hand as well as less stock on the shelves.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

IXIswamperIXI

I don't know about working but I would rather shop at Lowes
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

KB

I know a head cashier at the HD on Hills.& Memorial in Tampa, went to school w/ a guy that was one of the managers at the same store but he got tired of all the B.S., I think they hire only part time so they don't have to pay benefits, not sure.

Lowes might be different, or even an ACE Hardware maybe.

Somebody was telling me the other day that AMSCOT starts out at 12.00 hour w/benefits & up to 16-17.00 after you been there awhile. Seemed pretty good to me, open 24 hours, pick your shift, behind glass so your safe, IDK.

AmericanRobster

I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

big-daddy

#6
Go with Lowes........Home depot stock dropping fast, due to bad customer service. The CEO got fired few month back because of it!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.

Are you interested in a job installing cable? I notice you live in St pete. If you have a good driving record and can pass a drug test I would be willing to interview you. Good pay and benefits. Let me know.

UncleRico

Home Depot will hire any retard, just look at Tony Stewart!

Go with Lowes.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

quadracer1992

Quote from: UncleRico on September 10, 2007, 08:49:04 PM
Home Depot will hire any retard, just look at Tony Stewart!

Go with Lowes.
Yeah Tony Stuart is slow and stinks.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

Southern4x4

Quote from: quadracer1992 on September 10, 2007, 08:51:51 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on September 10, 2007, 08:49:04 PM
Home Depot will hire any retard, just look at Tony Stewart!

Go with Lowes.
Yeah Tony Stuart is slow and stinks.
Wow yall got something in common  ;) honestly I`d say publix.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

quadracer1992

Quote from: Southern4x4 on September 10, 2007, 08:53:18 PM
Quote from: quadracer1992 on September 10, 2007, 08:51:51 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on September 10, 2007, 08:49:04 PM
Home Depot will hire any retard, just look at Tony Stewart!

Go with Lowes.
Yeah Tony Stuart is slow and stinks.
Wow yall got something in common  ;) honestly I`d say publix.
Are you a Tony Stuart fan?
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

dynodon

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 10, 2007, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.

Are you interested in a job installing cable? I notice you live in St pete. If you have a good driving record and can pass a drug test I would be willing to interview you. Good pay and benefits. Let me know.
Well my brotha, I am looking for work too !!! whats it pay ??
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

AmericanRobster

Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 10, 2007, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.

Are you interested in a job installing cable? I notice you live in St pete. If you have a good driving record and can pass a drug test I would be willing to interview you. Good pay and benefits. Let me know.

What is the pay like for installing cable? Just curious.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

UncleRico

My neighbor, Olaff, is a cable installer and he says he brings home $1200 per week after taxes.  Not to shaby for a guy who just learned to speak English about 2 years ago.

He's a hard worker though, he's always working, rarely home before 9 or 10 at night. He puts in about 70 hours a week, plus he has to use his own truck. 



UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

JackL

Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 11, 2007, 10:15:05 AM
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 10, 2007, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.

Are you interested in a job installing cable? I notice you live in St pete. If you have a good driving record and can pass a drug test I would be willing to interview you. Good pay and benefits. Let me know.

What is the pay like for installing cable? Just curious.

Who cares about the pay, the great folks you meet screaming about their crappy reception would make it worthwhile for anyone, plus they give you the neato keys to all the coax locks so you can impress all your friends with free cable. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AmericanRobster

Quote from: JackL on September 11, 2007, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 11, 2007, 10:15:05 AM
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 10, 2007, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: AmericanRobster on September 10, 2007, 01:48:41 PM
I just need something that will have flexability with my school schedule and I really need benefits.

Are you interested in a job installing cable? I notice you live in St pete. If you have a good driving record and can pass a drug test I would be willing to interview you. Good pay and benefits. Let me know.

What is the pay like for installing cable? Just curious.

Who cares about the pay, the great folks you meet screaming about their crappy reception would make it worthwhile for anyone, plus they give you the neato keys to all the coax locks so you can impress all your friends with free cable. ;)



Good point!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Ida_Mann

I never would have recommend them before, but my mother just started a position in which she has a good vantage point in which to see how Target treats their employees, and I swear if this current job goes south, that's where I'm going till I'm out of college,,,,,or I find an internship.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

AintSkeered

No way on that $1200/wk unless he's working 80 hours.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

CABLEGUY1

American Robster and Dynodon,you both have PMs.

dynodon

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

jahaiap

#21
ive had a second job at the lowes and the two home depots in naples. honestly, it has a lot to do with the store as far as wether its a good plase to work or not. i would go for the cleanest store. at a clean store, the employees already do their own things as far as shelf maintenance. they wont be looking to the new guy to force all the work on. at a dirty store everyone tries to s@#t on the new guy. all together ive worked 3 years between the three stores and thats the best advice i can offer. ive never worked full time though.

*all three stores in this are cut hours when sales slowed, generally 10 hrs a week or less for part-time and about 30 for full time. you would think you could count on these big stores to provide stable income, but you cant. at least not in naples. i just quit home depot about three weeks ago and they hadnt hired anyone new in about 6 months. lots of people left in that time though. this happens every year, some more than others. ESPECIALLY when the previous year is a hurricane filled year. they gauge their sales by last years sales, and they tell you what each dept. and the store as a whole should be making. when sales drop the company makes everything look ok by cutting hours. its the easiest and quickest overhead to drop.

i would never work at any of these stores again unless i desperately needed money. some people like it though. youll probably meet about two or three really cool people, the rest of the people work there for a reason. no offense to anyone. good luck

james

07 Rhino 660 SE

UncleRico

Quote from: AintSkeered on September 11, 2007, 04:41:42 PM
No way on that $1200/wk unless he's working 80 hours.


Are you calling my neighbor a liar?

"You killed uncle Freddie?"
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

KB

 what do you meen, wheres uncle fredy, martha,  they killed uncle Fredy,  :'( :'(

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com