Holey Lands rec. riding during hunting season

Started by jrpro130, September 01, 2007, 06:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crom A zone

witch ones the people who ride in the middle of thenight
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

r6realtor

Quote from: 4x4Matt on September 05, 2007, 01:06:29 PM
you dont like hunting   are you a guy?
No offense but do you think it makes you a man by hunting? I have no problem at all with hunting but personally have never gone nor had the desire to hunt. I do however completely respect a true hunter and what he does and would not want to ride anywhere near him to disrupt a true hunt, but I have seen some real dirt bag people out in the woods doing so called "hunting" with spot lights, running over animals and then just leaving them for dead maybe that has just put a bad taste in my mouth about SOME hunters and what's the deal with letting the dogs loose and having them catch/corner the pigs is this considered hunting as well??
Well never the less this is how I travel just incase a hunter happens to mistake me for a deer ;D


2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

crom A zone

so u have alot of shiny toys that prob never been fired but you use them to scare people b/c u are not a man  i got it well its almost night time so i gotta go get my spot light we are going hunting tonight b/c i am not rich and cant pay for all those shiny toys like that thing that just post got $10,000 on a side by side = waste of money   if u ask me
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

r6realtor

#28
Quote from: 4x4Matt on September 08, 2007, 01:17:20 AM
so u have alot of shiny toys that prob never been fired but you use them to scare people b/c u are not a man  i got it well its almost night time so i gotta go get my spot light we are going hunting tonight b/c i am not rich and cant pay for all those shiny toys like that thing that just post got $10,000 on a side by side = waste of money   if u ask me
I asked you not to be offened but and I guess you took it to heart, and I hope that your response made you feel better :'(  your post certainly is a reflection of your immaturity. I am 26 years old and paid for all my toys by myself no one has done a thing for me, I grew up poor and have done well for myself and now that makes you angry? I suppose you just admitted that your one of the scumbag hunters that uses a spot light? you must feel like a real man ::)
and come on I was just joking with you anyways :T jeez
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

crom A zone

well u must not no much bout me and by th thing u put at the end with beer looks like we should get together i am young yes i am poor yes but i do what i got to do to make it work so here to you :drink.gif :T :T :drink.gif  we should get out and ride i will worn u my toys are not as good but i do got a very nice 12g
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

cg54329

nice weapons   is that an ak the bottom one?     too many haters here,, sad to say but i prefer shooting a hunter anyday than shooting an animal               I understand if your hungry and you find nothing else to eat, but for fun you sick in the head

r6realtor

Quote from: 4x4Matt on September 08, 2007, 08:10:03 PM
well u must not no much bout me and by th thing u put at the end with beer looks like we should get together i am young yes i am poor yes but i do what i got to do to make it work so here to you :drink.gif :T :T :drink.gif  we should get out and ride i will worn u my toys are not as good but i do got a very nice 12g
There is nothing wrong with that brother, see you on the trails :T
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

r6realtor

#32
Quote from: cg54329 on September 08, 2007, 09:59:14 PM
nice weapons   is that an ak the bottom one?     too many haters here,, sad to say but i prefer shooting a hunter anyday than shooting an animal               I understand if your hungry and you find nothing else to eat, but for fun you sick in the head
Yes it's an AK-47 top one is an AR-15, both great guns! Like I said I really don't have a problem with hunting at all just as long as you are eating it, and not killing it and just leaving it there. I have spent a lot of time in the woods and have seen some pretty sick stuff from so called hunters but just about everyone of my buddies hunt's they are respectful and consume every single thing they shoot and do it with little to no suffering from the animal, for myself hunting is just not for me.
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

KB


Never been to the Holy Lands.
I use to ride ONF mostly, but not during "Gun Season", it is the best time of the year to ride but those guy's only get 2 months out of the year to hunt, we get, or use to have the rest of the year to ride on it.

There was a "user conflict" & IMO it helped getting it closed down for good.

Some hunters are mad about it because they can't even ride to there tree stands any more & blaming us for getting the place shut down.
I talked to some hunters & they said they didn't mind people riding because it helped move the deer around so they can see them,
it was mostly the dog hunters that didnt like us being there.

I say let them have there 2 months so they can enjoy it & maybe there will be less people calling/complaining about people on ATV's.

jrpro130

r6realtor,

I saw you over on grizzly central, i'm the one with the 700 on 14" ss112's and 27 xtr's.  When are you going to go on a swamp ride with us? 4x4Matt went with us yesterday and we tore Macs a new one ;)  I just don't like how there is grass everywhere, it gets all in your CV's and DS.  I'd rather ride HL at night.

Fri night we rode HL from 11pm-9am.  FWC was out there at 7am, saw us riding, didn't say a word to us???

We went to macs at about 10am, FWC showed there around 11am, 'advised us' that we can't cross the street (duh) but he just pulled some people over for it.  He was cool has hell, I never have a problem with FWC.

BTW, it's good you ride strapped up like that, so when we ride together you can be our security ;)  I got a year or so before I can legally pack, and I don't want to ruin my chances (trying to be a FF) by getting caught, if you know what I mean.

Hit either of us up when your ready for a hardcore swamp ride, we stay out for about 8-10hrs, no rests, no breaks.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

k.p.

wouldnt the bottom gun be an ak-74? i always thought that the 47's had the wood stock and trim and the 74's were metal or plastic or something...meh what do i know

r6realtor

Quote from: jrpro130 on September 09, 2007, 10:33:27 AM
r6realtor,

I saw you over on grizzly central, i'm the one with the 700 on 14" ss112's and 27 xtr's.  When are you going to go on a swamp ride with us? 4x4Matt went with us yesterday and we tore Macs a new one ;)  I just don't like how there is grass everywhere, it gets all in your CV's and DS.  I'd rather ride HL at night.

Fri night we rode HL from 11pm-9am.  FWC was out there at 7am, saw us riding, didn't say a word to us???

We went to macs at about 10am, FWC showed there around 11am, 'advised us' that we can't cross the street (duh) but he just pulled some people over for it.  He was cool has hell, I never have a problem with FWC.

BTW, it's good you ride strapped up like that, so when we ride together you can be our security ;)  I got a year or so before I can legally pack, and I don't want to ruin my chances (trying to be a FF) by getting caught, if you know what I mean.

Hit either of us up when your ready for a hardcore swamp ride, we stay out for about 8-10hrs, no rests, no breaks.
That would be awesome, I have never even been to HL before, not even sure were it is? Let me get some tires and wheels on this bad boy first the stockers totally suck. How do you like those 27's xtr?? I am now aiming for the ss 108 with terra cross 26" with 14" tires I have that size combo on the rhino and it rides awesome. Do they kill your power? I love how much take off this thing has with the stockers on it, do the 27's hurt your low end power?? thanks
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

r6realtor

Quote from: k.p. on September 09, 2007, 11:04:37 AM
wouldnt the bottom gun be an ak-74? i always thought that the 47's had the wood stock and trim and the 74's were metal or plastic or something...meh what do i know
yes the bottom one is an AK-47 it's called the black widow and comes with a black stock and I changed out the rest. Great reliable gun!
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

crom A zone

if u are gonna get tires for your bike def get outlaws the best tire out there or mudzillas
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

r6realtor

Quote from: 4x4Matt on September 09, 2007, 05:24:42 PM
if u are gonna get tires for your bike def get outlaws the best tire out there or mudzillas
How are they on the trails?? a couple of my buddies have the mud bugs and it just beats the crap out of them and the bike in anywhere besides mud, I know they have there purpose the mud, but I need more of an all around tire?. I also have to do alot of pavement riding to get to my riding areas so something that will last also. Have you had any experience with the xtr's 27"??
thanks
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

jrpro130

I have no complaints so far with the 27 XTR's.  I got extra wide rims and 11" wide tires all the way around. It goes through almost everything I have pushed it through.  I high center sometimes, but it's definetly a nice tire.

Would I buy it again? No, I'd probably get a more aggressive tire like an MST (mud wiches) or 29.5 outlaw (but that requires lots of mods)

I love the tires though, so I would reccomend them.  It didn't take off of my top or bottom end at all.  I did the pod mod and otherwise the bike is stock.  Still pulls like a champ.  Didn't relaly effect the PS at all.

I'd get em.  Stock sucks.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

JackL

Quote from: jrpro130 on September 09, 2007, 10:33:27 AM
We went to macs at about 10am, FWC showed there around 11am, 'advised us' that we can't cross the street (duh) but he just pulled some people over for it.  He was cool has hell, I never have a problem with FWC.

It is best to do the east side at night... :)

I have never had a problem with the FWC, probably the best and most fair officers in the state IMO.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com