Utility X-Treme Course

Started by Paul_S, September 02, 2007, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB

I drove 3 hrs. to get there my friends drove longer than that & it was worth every mile IMO.

I would say go check it out for yourself & then tell us what you think about it.

Don't be skeered !

PaulS, most people now how much time, money & energy you & your crew put into this place & it's appreciated, THANKS !

I'm lookin forward to the end of the month, let me know if I can bring anything to help. Thanks Again.

CABLEGUY1

You can't beat that price. I'm dying to get out there and will soon.I was curious though,why is there only camping on special event weekends? I know as far as my clan is concerned we usually end up avoiding holiday weekends i.e Labor Day, Memorial Day etc etc at Croom because it's such a hassle to get a camping spot so we usually go on a regular weekend. Do you think in time your place will allow camping 24/7 or do you plan on leaving it for only special event weekends?

NYRAPTOR

paul, is it 10 a day? or if you stay and camp it's just 10 to get in until you leave? i think it's so cool that someone bought some land and did something with it other than building more buildings. hats off to you paul. john

Paul_S

#28
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 07, 2007, 06:52:55 PM
You can't beat that price. I'm dying to get out there and will soon.I was curious though,why is there only camping on special event weekends? I know as far as my clan is concerned we usually end up avoiding holiday weekends i.e Labor Day, Memorial Day etc etc at Croom because it's such a hassle to get a camping spot so we usually go on a regular weekend. Do you think in time your place will allow camping 24/7 or do you plan on leaving it for only special event weekends?

At the moment we are just trying to create a weekend where we all get together and have fun with the camping and night rides etc.

If it gets busy I will have the camping every weekend.

We are not advertising to much at the moment, as we are still ironing out the kinks, but if it takes off, we will absolutely cater to what people want.

I own some land over the road and may convert that into a small campground, that way we don't have to be on site all night. If I do that, then we would definately allow it every weekend.


Quote from: KB on September 07, 2007, 06:50:23 PM
I drove 3 hrs. to get there my friends drove longer than that & it was worth every mile IMO.

I would say go check it out for yourself & then tell us what you think about it.

Don't be skeered !

PaulS, most people now how much time, money & energy you & your crew put into this place & it's appreciated, THANKS !

I'm lookin forward to the end of the month, let me know if I can bring anything to help. Thanks Again.

Thanks KB, looking forward to the end of the month too, we are opening up some more one way trails and should have them beat in for you by then.



Our next "Event Weekend" is going to be the 28th - 30th September, still not sure what events to have, if any of you have any ideas, post them here.



Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 07, 2007, 07:33:44 PM
paul, is it 10 a day? or if you stay and camp it's just 10 to get in until you leave? i think it's so cool that someone bought some land and did something with it other than building more buildings. hats off to you paul. john

It's $10 every day you ride, camping is free. Kids under 12 are $5.00.  ;)

r6realtor

I would pay $500 a year just for great place like that to have locally, that looks like a blast. Paul how many acres is your park total??
2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

Rick16b

Quote from: r6realtor on September 08, 2007, 12:35:52 AM
I would pay $500 a year just for great place like that to have locally, that looks like a blast. Paul how many acres is your park total??
The Motoplex is 200 acres

Paul_S

Quote from: Rick16b on September 08, 2007, 02:58:29 AM
Quote from: r6realtor on September 08, 2007, 12:35:52 AM
I would pay $500 a year just for great place like that to have locally, that looks like a blast. Paul how many acres is your park total??
The Motoplex is 200 acres

Rick is right.

Here is the overview of the work we have done to date.


gearhead400

Makes me want to fix up my old bayou!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

The Dealer

#33
Quote from: Paul_S on September 07, 2007, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: The Dealer on September 07, 2007, 04:54:19 PM
Thats it? So a Bulldozer plows through a patch of woods and it's an X-treme utility course?
Ehhhh....I think I'd spend my money on something else if thats all there is.

Not sure why you would say that's all there is?

This particular course goes through a lake, there is a man made canal, many jumps and obstacles, a swamp area and a mud drag strip all incorporated into this mile or so long course.

That's that particular course. In addition we have miles of other trails, 2 pretty good sized ponds to play in, tons of mud areas, an mx track, a peewee track, hill climb area, free camping...all for $10  ;D

Wow, tough crowd.  :o

www.floridaatvmotoplex.com

Now that I look at the pics form your website, it looks great! Sorry to be a party pooper before but the construction pics don't do it justice.
2008 Thundercat on 29"s (All mine!!!)
2001 400EX (Son)
2001 Rancher (Daughter)
1 sweet electric golf cart (Wife)

KB

#34
I think dirt bikes are allowed, not positive.
Do know 3 wheelers are not.
Not sure how far from Vero, but the exit it's off of I-10, is only about 5 minutes south of the Interstate, theres a couple gas stations & a Burger King.

I been once, had fun, Paul & his crew seem like good people,
It's one of those places that it's just hard to tell by lookin at pics, gotta go see it, & the way our riding areas are being closed lately,
were runnin out of options.

IMO some private places like this are better maintained than some public places like Croom are.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: Paul_S on September 07, 2007, 07:38:02 PM
Quote from: CABLEGUY1 on September 07, 2007, 06:52:55 PM
You can't beat that price. I'm dying to get out there and will soon.I was curious though,why is there only camping on special event weekends? I know as far as my clan is concerned we usually end up avoiding holiday weekends i.e Labor Day, Memorial Day etc etc at Croom because it's such a hassle to get a camping spot so we usually go on a regular weekend. Do you think in time your place will allow camping 24/7 or do you plan on leaving it for only special event weekends?

At the moment we are just trying to create a weekend where we all get together and have fun with the camping and night rides etc.

If it gets busy I will have the camping every weekend.

We are not advertising to much at the moment, as we are still ironing out the kinks, but if it takes off, we will absolutely cater to what people want.

I own some land over the road and may convert that into a small campground, that way we don't have to be on site all night. If I do that, then we would definately allow it every weekend.


Quote from: KB on September 07, 2007, 06:50:23 PM
I drove 3 hrs. to get there my friends drove longer than that & it was worth every mile IMO.

I would say go check it out for yourself & then tell us what you think about it.

Don't be skeered !

PaulS, most people now how much time, money & energy you & your crew put into this place & it's appreciated, THANKS !

I'm lookin forward to the end of the month, let me know if I can bring anything to help. Thanks Again.

Thanks KB, looking forward to the end of the month too, we are opening up some more one way trails and should have them beat in for you by then.



Our next "Event Weekend" is going to be the 28th - 30th September, still not sure what events to have, if any of you have any ideas, post them here.



Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 07, 2007, 07:33:44 PM
paul, is it 10 a day? or if you stay and camp it's just 10 to get in until you leave? i think it's so cool that someone bought some land and did something with it other than building more buildings. hats off to you paul. john

It's $10 every day you ride, camping is free. Kids under 12 are $5.00.  ;)


I will definately try the place out with my brothers and a couple of friends for a day but honestly while $10.00 a day is cheap for myself it wouldn't pay to bring the family for a weekend of camping/riding for me.Let me explain first before I get bashed for saying that. When we do go to Croom we usually get there on a Friday afternoon,set up,do a short ride,eat and hit the sack.We ride all day Saturday,cook out and hang by the fire the rest of the night.We wake up Sunday and do a ride,eat lunch,pack up and go home. That's three days of camping/riding. If it's just my family there it's two adults and two teenagers " my daughter and a friend" and we share two bikes.That weekend costs us $45.00 to ride/camp at Croom and would cost us $120.00 at the motoplex. Not to mention that the motoplex is alot farther for us. Am I figuring it up correct at $10.00 per person or do I have it all screwed up?

KB

I'm not sure about the math CableGuy, but one thing that popped into mind was Croom wants $45.00 per bike, maybe more this year
IDK.

CABLEGUY1

Quote from: KB on September 10, 2007, 02:48:51 PM
I'm not sure about the math CableGuy, but one thing that popped into mind was Croom wants $45.00 per bike, maybe more this year
IDK.

I think it's still fifty per year but than it's good for as many times as you want to go.Croom is only an hour and fifteen minute drive for me from here and they have electric hook ups with showers which is what my girls like. If I'm not mistaken the motoplex is three times that far for me and with an RV pulling a trailer that pretty much makes up the yearly registration fee for Croom. Don't get me wrong I'm dying to check out the motoplex and plan on a day ride soon I just don't think it would be worth it for me and the family for a three day weekend. I'll spend the fifteen a day at Croom and be alot closer to home instead of the forty a day it would cost me at the motoplex. Now when the girls don't go that will be a different story and I will meet my brothers and our friends at the motoplex .

Paul_S

I think the problem may be the short ride on Friday, perhaps I should make the feature weekends $25 for the whole weekend fri-sun. That would drop the total to $100 for the family, it's still more than Croom, but nonetheless, a little cheaper.

Once we have all the tracks, trails etc in place, I might offer an annual membership, which will bring the cost down a bit too.

To be honest with you, opening this park is quite a challenge, although we are learning fast.  ;D

We have a peewee track that nobody uses (I think I am just going to turn it into ute playground) and to give you an example of gaining experience, we dug the dirt for the first mx track (we are already planning another) from a desolated part of the property, creating a rough nasty looking hole. We then spent thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours, shaping the track and building the jumps.  We opened the door and for every 3 bikes that use the track, 100 play in the "mud hole" we created by accident.  If I had known, I would have just dug a big hole  ;D.

We have the equipment coming out this week and we are going to create more of these "play areas".

This past weekend we finished the first one way trail area, it offers a short 2+ mile loop, or a longer and very technical (and tiring) 7 mile loop.

Rick16b

Quote from: Paul_S on September 10, 2007, 04:23:27 PM
I think I am just going to turn it into ute playground

Now your talkin boss!   :bow.gif :Clap.gif :ThumbsUp.gif

NYRAPTOR

7 mile 1 way loop sounds awesome!!!!   ;D

KB

Paul is the man,
Trying his best to make everyone happy & I know it aint easy,(or else other people would be doin it).

Give him a little time & it'll only get better & better.
I already think his place is great, can't wait to go again.

What's cool is he rides a sport & a Ute, the best of both.

All I got now are sport quads, but lookin for a Ute 4X4 so then I can really play.

Ida_Mann

I'll say this, I felt WAY more comfortable on the MX track than I had at any other MX track I have been on,,,,that may tell you something for the beginners because I am in no way able to jump well or beat anyone on a track, but I liked the relaxed conditions and I was able to go out on the track, roll it slowly the first time and then hit the gas and go for it on the second go round,,,,,and LOVED it.

it made me realize I need to get in better shape if I want to run it more than a couple times around.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

KB

Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 10, 2007, 08:56:24 PM
I'll say this, I felt WAY more comfortable on the MX track than I had at any other MX track I have been on,,,,that may tell you something for the beginners because I am in no way able to jump well or beat anyone on a track, but I liked the relaxed conditions and I was able to go out on the track, roll it slowly the first time and then hit the gas and go for it on the second go round,,,,,and LOVED it.

it made me realize I need to get in better shape if I want to run it more than a couple times around.

Id@

I went around it once, maybe twice, it was fun.
Maybe bring the YFZ next time, I never been on a track like that, they did a good job, I know Dreth helped make that track ! Good Job !

NYRAPTOR

what happened to dreth? why is he not on the site anymore?

Paul_S

Quote from: The Dealer on September 10, 2007, 09:24:44 PM
Still curious. Does anyone have confirmation that dirtbikes can go?

Dirtbikes are fine.  ;)

JackL

The only thing missing is a bunch of cows to chase around, and the poop they leave to ride in.
I think you should consider adding a bunch of pigs to be da little different..haha
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on September 10, 2007, 09:21:37 PM
what happened to dreth? why is he not on the site anymore?

dunno, wish he were still around though.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com