New 2008 Honda Models!!!

Started by FoxHondaRider, September 05, 2007, 11:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

Yes, they have been unveiled!  Still no word on what there is.  A picture o at least a desription would be nice.  From what I know as of earlier today this is what was supposed to go down.



Heres what I can tell you so far.

1) Honda Hippo (V6 Side X Side) cranks out 125HP

2) Goldwing (update is automatic or shift button)

3) DN-01 CVT(automatic/manual) 680cc V-Twin Hybrid motorcycle

4) CBR600R (Update electronic steering dampner currently being used on the CBR1000RR, fly-by-wire throttle technology, wave rotors, slipper-clutch, and a few others)

5) VTX (Unknown Info)

****6) 400ex (Updates, new suspension and plastics.) Also rumored EFI or liquid cooled

****7) Bigbore sport quad (XR650 motor in it)


Not final releases but they say friday every dealership will have all the info on the new things.  I'm waiting to hear from this group that is at the convention right now.  All I have heard is that they were unveiled
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Young Gun

The lineup is on their website.  The new TRX700XX looks way too much like a Raptor and the rear wheels arent sunk in which gives it an odd appearance. ???

New Models:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/

TRX700XX:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#TRX700XX
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Bigscrb15

Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 06, 2007, 09:50:48 AM
The lineup is on their website.  The new TRX700XX looks way too much like a Raptor and the rear wheels arent sunk in which gives it an odd appearance. ???

New Models:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/

TRX700XX:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#TRX700XX

The rear wheels look odd because it's IRS.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

TRX450R_Racer

My piece of junk computer at work won't let me view the site >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

finally a honda side by side!!!!! it will only cost $17,000. lol.

Young Gun

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 06, 2007, 10:49:43 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 06, 2007, 09:50:48 AM
The lineup is on their website.  The new TRX700XX looks way too much like a Raptor and the rear wheels arent sunk in which gives it an odd appearance. ???

New Models:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/

TRX700XX:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#TRX700XX

The rear wheels look odd because it's IRS.

Hmph. :N
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

digginfool

First thing you better do is buy nerfs for that 700.  Can you imagine what Honda would charge for a set of rear a-arms?  Pretty interesting that Honda went with the IRS set-up.  Pretty close to the design of the Outlaw 525.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Fox17 on September 06, 2007, 11:31:53 AM
finally a honda side by side!!!!! it will only cost $17,000. lol.

and it's ugly. I hope they don't plan on competing with Honda.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

ebtrx450r

Honda Went Ugly :-\ I hope they leave the 450r plastics alone!

Young Gun

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 06, 2007, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on September 06, 2007, 11:31:53 AM
finally a honda side by side!!!!! it will only cost $17,000. lol.

and it's ugly. I hope they don't plan on competing with Honda.

Wait... what?  You hope Honda doesn't plan on competing with Honda?  Did I miss something? lol
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

Fox17

Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 06, 2007, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 06, 2007, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on September 06, 2007, 11:31:53 AM
finally a honda side by side!!!!! it will only cost $17,000. lol.

and it's ugly. I hope they don't plan on competing with Honda.

Wait... what?  You hope Honda doesn't plan on competing with Honda?  Did I miss something? lol

thats what i was thinking. i dont like any of the looks of the side by sides until they are hopped up. i think the rhinos stock are ugly too. the ney sport polaris looks ok but still, needs accessories.

Able

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 06, 2007, 10:49:43 AM
Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 06, 2007, 09:50:48 AM
The lineup is on their website.  The new TRX700XX looks way too much like a Raptor and the rear wheels arent sunk in which gives it an odd appearance. ???

New Models:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/

TRX700XX:
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#TRX700XX

The rear wheels look odd because it's IRS.

What a big bore 4 storke sport quad with IRS ? Hey didn't someone already do that......that's right Polaris was leading the pack again  ;D

I'm surprised that Honda didn't do something with their now dated 450. Everyone else is stepping up and with the new competition of Can Am, Kawi, KTM, and Polaris they better do something besides sit back and collect on the established Honda name or eventually they'll regret it.

KD 428

bumper on the big red looks like a giant handlebar lol
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on September 05, 2007, 11:31:46 PM
Yes, they have been unveiled!  Still no word on what there is.  A picture o at least a desription would be nice.  From what I know as of earlier today this is what was supposed to go down.



Heres what I can tell you so far.

1) Honda Hippo (V6 Side X Side) cranks out 125HP

2) Goldwing (update is automatic or shift button)

3) DN-01 CVT(automatic/manual) 680cc V-Twin Hybrid motorcycle

4) CBR600R (Update electronic steering dampner currently being used on the CBR1000RR, fly-by-wire throttle technology, wave rotors, slipper-clutch, and a few others)

5) VTX (Unknown Info)

****6) 400ex (Updates, new suspension and plastics.) Also rumored EFI or liquid cooled

****7) Bigbore sport quad (XR650 motor in it)


Not final releases but they say friday every dealership will have all the info on the new things.  I'm waiting to hear from this group that is at the convention right now.  All I have heard is that they were unveiled

look like your were off a little lol
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

I'm very happy with my dated Honda. I wouldn't buy a EFI quad (at least not yet). It would be hard to repair in the woods if a sensor of something like that went wrong.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: REBEL SS/T on September 06, 2007, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on September 06, 2007, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on September 06, 2007, 11:31:53 AM
finally a honda side by side!!!!! it will only cost $17,000. lol.

and it's ugly. I hope they don't plan on competing with Honda.

Wait... what?  You hope Honda doesn't plan on competing with Honda?  Did I miss something? lol

oooops, I meant Yamaha.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Joedirt

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Able

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 06, 2007, 01:23:36 PM
I'm very happy with my dated Honda. I wouldn't buy a EFI quad (at least not yet). It would be hard to repair in the woods if a sensor of something like that went wrong.

That's true but in theory it should have less problems to begin with if it's set up right. Usually carb/efi is not the problem is you break down in the woods. at least from my personal experiences.  Not saying Hondas aren't good, just saying everyone else is forging new ground and making improvements by leaps and bounds and Honda hasn't done anything for a while on their race sport quad. Maybe they have something huge in the works for next year that they've been working on for the last couple. It took Zuki a long time of R&D to release their 450. Maybe Honda's planning a new machine in 09 ? They better do something though. They're still right there in the pro circuit, but with all the mods they all do that's not saying much for the average rider. stock for stock it looks they're last place in the new 450 market for technology.

94Hardbody4x4

As badass as the 700 looks, my first thoughts were "Wow, thats as tall as a Raptor, it looks like a raptor, and whats up with the utility bumper on the front?" The 700 looks good but I'd spend my money on something else pretty quick. IRS would be weird.

Is that what they're calling the side x side? The Big Red? In class last year I heard a kid make fun of Honda saying "I can't wait for their side x side. I bet they call it the Honda Hippo." Thats funny.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Cory1020

the rancher 420 gets black as a color too. Nothing about the 400at, I wonder if they are droping it? Recon gets a new color too.
http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#Rancher heres the 420.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com