street legal ? revisited

Started by Able, September 04, 2007, 02:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Able

I know it's been talked about many times here to make a quad street legal. I have a little different issue. I am looking for info on what is exactly needed to make a dirtbike street legal. I'm not looking for anecdotal information. I need an actual link to where the state outlines what make a vehicle street legal. It's 2 wheels not 4 so I want to know if it's worth making it legal or not. I figured with it having been discussed many times in the past that someone might have the official site for info. any help is appreciated.

TRX450R_Racer

PM jocolo he did it to his dirt bike.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Able


Ida_Mann

I was about to say the same thing,,,,,sweet looking street legal dirt bike if you ask me.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Able

Just sent him a PM. Thanks for hook up  ;)

jocolo

Just PM you back, not much equipment need it jus HI/Lo headligth, tail/brake light and at least 1 mirror, here's a thread about your question http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=12151
Good Luck



Here's a pic of my bike



Able


Quad32x

Do you change the gearing for the street ?
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

jocolo

I have a 39t for the back ggod for about 98mph