KX restoration finally complete woo hoo!!!!!

Started by buzzardman, September 03, 2007, 05:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardman

Well,  it took about four and a half months and I'm embarrased to say how much money but the KX is done. 

I ran into a bunch of different snags along the way.  One of which I had to say goodbye to the original motor and put in a 1990 motor.  The only problem I had with that was the brand new pro circuit platnum pipe I bought wouldn't fit.  So I had to use the one for the 1990 for now.   Also, I'm still waiting on the custom shock with special "fat guy" spring.  It is still at the company Active Ride in Hudson.  It is going on 3 months now and he is still jerking me around.  So I had to use a stock one I got off of ebay.  I squish it pretty good but at least for now I will be able to take to the dirt.
I also got a little impatient and didn't spend a lot of time cleaning up the new motor.  It has just gotten to the point of simply wanting to ride it.   ;D
I fired it up and it rides like a new one.  Of course it is a brand new 1986.  LOL  I love the old school.


GO TEAM GREAN!!!

exrider

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

buzzardman


buzzardman


buzzardman


buzzardman


buzzardman


exrider

2000 400ex
2003 300ex
1997 kawi 220
1988 lt80

Sometimes I think the Gene Pool could use some Clorine

buzzardman


k.p.

to be honest i like the older styled dirt scooters more.

nice bike man!!!

i'd switch the purple-ness to black tho.looks sick man!

1sikgti


buzzardman


NYRAPTOR

looking sweet clay. when can i uh i mean we ride it? ;)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com