New Bike ...which to get Yamaha 700 Grizzly or the Kawasaki Brute Force 750.

Started by foreman1, August 29, 2007, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foreman1

Gettin tired of shifting gears caught in between the Yamaha 700 Grizzly and the Kawasaki Brute Force 750.

Would appreciate some input from those who've riden or own either of these.
90% of my ridin is deep water so should I be concerned about belt issues.


My old Honda is still running great ,I  rode one of them IRS big bikes last year and got hooked .
Pro's and con's on each please .


Thanks
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

bbf

i have had both and i am very happy with the 700 grizzly the bf live at the shop it was fast but the grizzly handles much better and rides very well

jrpro130

I have both in my garage, they both have their pluses and minuses.

Grizzly has the diflock, EFI (well BF has EFI for 08) and 2 dry storage compartments, it also has the transmission snorkels very high and the airbox is very high, power steering is a huge plus.

BF has a little more power, way more aftermarket bolt ons, 4wd system is a little weird, it takes a couple seconds for 4wd to 'go' in. 


Sit on both, compare both, price them out, see which you like better.  I liked the grizz, so I bought an 08.  I love it.  My buddy has a BF (in my garage) and I love it too...it's just a different feel...and no power steering.


Have you considered bombardier? artic cat? suzuki king quad? I would look at all the options.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

foreman1

Honestly , was leanin a little towards the Grizz .
Good feed back so far, keep'em comin.
Thanks
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

illegal26

I can say I spent alot of time pulling out a BF this past weekend at SW8 & 157 due
to the funky 4wd system,some thing about it needs to do a full
rotation before it engages but cant slip or something
all I can say is that is a big heavy bike and when its sunk
and it wont engage in 4wd it really sucks.

jrpro130

we were out at 8th and 157th, you may have been pulling my buddy out.  camo bf on swamp lite 27's.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Cory1020

griz would prob be more realiable than the bf. They are supposed (the griz) to be really good all around bikes.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Kawa3

The grizzlys belt system if better for big mud tires. If you aren't going to throw like 28"+ outlaws or a tire like that on the BF you won't have many problems with the belt on the BF but it does require a little maintence for even trail riding. But it will smoke the Griz.

Also power steering is nice, but quads have been w/o it for like what 27 yrs now?  Also I don't find steering quads hard at all. But the power assist probably makes real easy.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

grizzlyranger

well atvs arent that hard to steer but u put that grizz in lock 4wd and then try to steer it its a pregnant dog wish my 660 had it i would 4wd lock more often if i did.
mine 07 green grizz 660 snorkeled tranny, winch, reverse limiter bypass, and 27 inch mudlites
dads 06 camo eiger fully snorkeled
[url="http://floridaatv.com/"]http://floridaatv.com/[/url]

Joedirt

Get the Grizzly , I will take the New Grizzly Every day of the week over the Brute and it's sub par Tansmission system. Yamaha has had a fantastic Tanny for a long time now , combine that with the EFI..and power Steering you have a great Bike. If Kawasaki ever changes the Transmission to handle the Torque of The Brute Force and it's V-Twin....I would change my mind.

Deep Water?...Any Bike with out the Suzuki "S" on it is Garbage in the Water...LOL...seriously it is a toss up..
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

foreman1

Quote from: Joedirt on August 31, 2007, 08:30:00 AM
Get the Grizzly , I will take the New Grizzly Every day of the week over the Brute and it's sub par Tansmission system. Yamaha has had a fantastic Tanny for a long time now , combine that with the EFI..and power Steering you have a great Bike. If Kawasaki ever changes the Transmission to handle the Torque of The Brute Force and it's V-Twin....I would change my mind.

Deep Water?...Any Bike with out the Suzuki "S" on it is Garbage in the Water...LOL...seriously it is a toss up..

I've been lookin at classifieds , bike trader and so on and have noticed
a greater number of BF's for sale than Grizz's . Some owners will tell ya some of the problems they've had but as for the Grizz's not many problems it seems. I've heard over heating being a problem with the BF , dont know if this an isolated thing or common with them. 

I'm sold on the Grizz , now the painfull part $$$$$$$.
Thanks for your input .
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Kawa3

Quote from: foreman1 on August 31, 2007, 11:37:00 AM
Quote from: Joedirt on August 31, 2007, 08:30:00 AM
Get the Grizzly , I will take the New Grizzly Every day of the week over the Brute and it's sub par Tansmission system. Yamaha has had a fantastic Tanny for a long time now , combine that with the EFI..and power Steering you have a great Bike. If Kawasaki ever changes the Transmission to handle the Torque of The Brute Force and it's V-Twin....I would change my mind.

Deep Water?...Any Bike with out the Suzuki "S" on it is Garbage in the Water...LOL...seriously it is a toss up..

I've been lookin at classifieds , bike trader and so on and have noticed
a greater number of BF's for sale than Grizz's . Some owners will tell ya some of the problems they've had but as for the Grizz's not many problems it seems. I've heard over heating being a problem with the BF , dont know if this an isolated thing or common with them. 

I'm sold on the Grizz , now the painfull part $$$$$$$.
Thanks for your input .

I wouldn't even thinking about buying a used kawi twin. If they have been flooded once it usually takes a lot of life out of them if not ALL. They usually need rebuilds after their first sink.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700


94Hardbody4x4

I havn't ridden either but I know I've read quite a few reviews about the BF's spinning bearing or something. Didn't sound reassuring.

I wouldn't buy a 660 Grizzly ever, but the new 700's look to be much better. As long as they're not as much of a dog as the 660's.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Chuck_Norris

stop by the Yamaha dealer and pick up the latest DVD where the match the GRIZZ up against all of the competitors. very informative

foreman1

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on September 01, 2007, 11:06:43 AM
stop by the Yamaha dealer and pick up the latest DVD where the match the GRIZZ up against all of the competitors. very informative

Will do,  thanks.

Gonna do some shoppin around . Any comments  regarding extended warranties on these bikes ? I hope the power steering stands the test of time.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

digginfool

I have an Outlander 800 Max XT and it is awesome.  I can only imagine how good it would be without the extra wheelbase of a two-seater.  I know it's quite a bit more than the Grizz or BF but it is definitely worth checking out.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com