What do you do for work?

Started by budman, August 28, 2007, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Quote from: KD 450 on August 29, 2007, 08:38:02 AM
Im a busboy at wings n things in cooper city... my first job

I love that place. Go there often.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

DoubleDs on 30s

Flooring business as well..a bunch of us here!

Bigscrb15

Quote from: KB on August 29, 2007, 11:43:34 AM
Quote from: Bigscrb15 on August 29, 2007, 10:28:28 AM
Quote from: KB on August 29, 2007, 10:14:54 AM
....We don't install much prefinished floors like at Home Depot, we do mostly 3/4" solid, site-finished, the type of wood floor thats been around for a 100 years & will be around for another 100...............

May be around for another 100 years, but will sell less than the far superior engineered wood. ;D


I hear ya,
         maybe the millionare's in there mansion's will buy that some day, that's who I prefer to work for.
         Nigel Manson, Dwight Gooden,Fred McGriff, the houses on Lykes Ln., Barnetts house on that dried up lake,
         the list go's on & on.
 
         Ask your Hoboken rep. he'll tell you about me, if you care too.

    But I do agree that engineered floors, especially the un-finished engineered (like Owen's), has it's place if you can find somebody that knows how to sand them the right way.

    (theres a few companies in Polk that do the kind of floors I do, Wiiliiford, & I think the other co. is called Classic or somethin like that, you might   of heard of them, there doin pretty good)


Yeah, we have Frenchy's(part time now since he is a cop now), Williford, Classic, Volpe, and a couple smaller ones. We deal in prefinished engineered and swear by it. Solid wood just can't hold up to the humidity and moisture in Florida.  There is no way to get a finish as smooth as some of the Prefinished. You also don't get the wearing abilities provided by the aluminum oxide on prefinished. We work closely with a guy that does the same as you because it benefits us both. There will always be a market for both woods. With us being a full service flooring store though, we also sell carpet, tile, laminate, vinyl, natural stones, and all the high end specialty stuff. We don't deal with Hoboken much anymore, haven't seen the rep in 2 years. Used to sell BR-111 like nobodys business, but not anymore.

We dont brag about our customers thought so I wont mention them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

561rincon

the wife wants wood floors but im scared we have 3 dogs do they make a durable wood for this? pm me i dont want to interupt thread need some quotes
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

MPTonyT

Electrical Engineer (12V) for Peripheral Electronics - Leader in OEM integration
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Turboderf

I fix cars... work for myself All-Tech Mobile Auto Repair Inc.

KB

Quote from: 561rincon on August 29, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
the wife wants wood floors but im scared we have 3 dogs do they make a durable wood for this? pm me i dont want to interupt thread need some quotes

try www.hardwoodinstaller.com it's a message board & the owner of it lives in S. FL.
when the page pops up, theres a list on the left side & click on "message board" theres everything you can possibly want to know, prob. more than you care to about wood floors & could probably find an instaler in your area on that site.

Don't let those pre-finished warranties fool you though, remember it's a floor, it's gonna get scratched, hopefully you will buy one that can be refinished in 10 years when it starts to wear out, thats what you gotta look out for is the actual "wear layer" of an enginered floor,
but some of these carpet companies that are getting into it will say it has a 25 year warranty, blah,blah, blah.(try to make a claim onit, they'll blame it on your dogs or say you used the wrong type of cleaner.

bigscrub79

Quote from: KB on August 29, 2007, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: 561rincon on August 29, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
the wife wants wood floors but im scared we have 3 dogs do they make a durable wood for this? pm me i dont want to interupt thread need some quotes

try www.hardwoodinstaller.com it's a message board & the owner of it lives in S. FL.
when the page pops up, theres a list on the left side & click on "message board" theres everything you can possibly want to know, prob. more than you care to about wood floors & could probably find an instaler in your area on that site.

Don't let those pre-finished warranties fool you though, remember it's a floor, it's gonna get scratched, hopefully you will buy one that can be refinished in 10 years when it starts to wear out, thats what you gotta look out for is the actual "wear layer" of an enginered floor,
but some of these carpet companies that are getting into it will say it has a 25 year warranty, blah,blah, blah.(try to make a claim onit, they'll blame it on your dogs or say you used the wrong type of cleaner.
Or go with a laminate that wont scratch.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

bignickwaite

im a convict gaurd for the state . so if anyone on here goes to prison. just let me know and ill bring in some dirt wheels mags for ya...lol
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

350x_rider

I am a bartender at a upscale private golf course.I get people drunk for a living.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: KB on August 29, 2007, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: 561rincon on August 29, 2007, 12:03:01 PM
the wife wants wood floors but im scared we have 3 dogs do they make a durable wood for this? pm me i dont want to interupt thread need some quotes

try www.hardwoodinstaller.com it's a message board & the owner of it lives in S. FL.
when the page pops up, theres a list on the left side & click on "message board" theres everything you can possibly want to know, prob. more than you care to about wood floors & could probably find an instaler in your area on that site.

Don't let those pre-finished warranties fool you though, remember it's a floor, it's gonna get scratched, hopefully you will buy one that can be refinished in 10 years when it starts to wear out, thats what you gotta look out for is the actual "wear layer" of an enginered floor,
but some of these carpet companies that are getting into it will say it has a 25 year warranty, blah,blah, blah.(try to make a claim onit, they'll blame it on your dogs or say you used the wrong type of cleaner.

I hope you mean carpet companies such as Shaw or Mohawk and not flooring stores that sell carpet. We don't sell wood from those companies we only sell, Mannington, Robins, Anderson, Hartco, Capella, etc. You are right though, CHECK THE WEAR LAYER. A lot of those woods have crazy warranties but dont stand behind the product(like the movie Tommy Boy says) I am also sure KB will back me up on this. Dont goto Home Depot or Lowe's. Stick with a private company that takes pride in their work.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

KD 428

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 29, 2007, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: KD 450 on August 29, 2007, 08:38:02 AM
Im a busboy at wings n things in cooper city... my first job

I used to eat there all the time. I lived in Cooper City for 6 years. I think the last time I ate there was in 1991.
dang i wasn't even born then lol
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

Quote from: JackL on August 29, 2007, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: KD 450 on August 29, 2007, 08:38:02 AM
Im a busboy at wings n things in cooper city... my first job

I love that place. Go there often.

wow I didn't think anybody would know of it on here, thats cool
HONDA CRF450R

Kaw3604x4 Princess

Live your life in such a way that when your feet
hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders &
says...

`Oh sh*t....she's awake!!`

TNTaylor

I'm the Business Manager of a Civil Engineering Unit for Dept of Homeland Security.  We maintain approximately $11B worth of Coast Guard shore facilities.  I pay the bills and supervise approximately 60 design engineers and support staff.  Never a dull moment.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

ROC0999

I am in the Window replacement and Hurricane protection business so anyone near the palmbeaches that needs a quote let me know
Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;


2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
[url="http://wayf.wayfm.com/"]http://wayf.wayfm.com/[/url]
www.quadsforchrist.org

HARRY-SACS

I play football for the Bucs.  O0

ROC0999

I always wanted to play for the Bucs
Psalms 24:1 the Earth is the Lords and everything in it;


2006 Raptor700r SE white/silver (mine) Moose bars,Razors,HMF-EFI,DMC duals, Razor's,k&n intake
1998 YZ250 Pro Circut pipe (son's)
www.tci.org
[url="http://wayf.wayfm.com/"]http://wayf.wayfm.com/[/url]
www.quadsforchrist.org

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: HARRY-SACS on August 29, 2007, 05:17:59 PM
I play football for the Bucs.  O0

Yeah, He's center, guard and Tackle.
He sits in the center of the bench, guards the water and tackles anybody that tries to get to it. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

garym

I do purchasing for a local government municipality in Pinellas County.

KB

Quote from: HARRY-SACS on August 29, 2007, 05:17:59 PM
I play football for the Bucs.  O0

Thats funny, I use to play for the Buc's to.















At T.B.Y.F.L. (tampa bay youth football leauge)
the fights us kids & the parents were crazy, I'll never forget once we got into a fight & this kid on my team hollered to his dad
"pa, go get my stick outa the truck".
Those were the day's, back then it was a sand spur field, now it's a really nice field.

trx#9

Swede's Tile co. inc.
Contracter, we do all tile, marble, granite, pavers and shower remodels.
In business since 1971.  ;D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Bigscrb15

Quote from: trx#9 on August 29, 2007, 06:11:44 PM
Swede's Tile co. inc.
Contracter, we do all tile, marble, granite, pavers and shower remodels.
In business since 1971.  ;D

That's the same year our flooring business started....
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

KB

My family's Hardwood Flooring business started in Tampa in 1921(R.L. Holley Co.) & still is today, thats how I got into doing real hardwood floors,that was back when Hardwood was the only type flooring available around here, especially old growth heart pine.

but it's hard working w/ family so I started my own business in '02, my only regret is I didn't do it a lot sooner, all we do is Hardwood & I turn down so much work I could get another crew going but I don't like subbing out, I like keeping it small
( more $$ = more problems)

It's nice to be able to pick & choose your customers too.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com