Good Used car dealerships? tampa/orlando

Started by gearhead400, August 28, 2007, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead400

Hey everyone,

I'm sure a good deal of you have dealt with used car dealerships in tampa and/or orlando. I've been looking at a few different cars the past month or so and I've decided on the subaru impreza sti. There are a lot of dealerships that carry them in the tampa area and in areas around the same distance away as tampa. I just wanted to see if you guys and gals could recommend anyone that gave you really good service and worked with you on the price. I'm not going to pay cash in full but I'll probably put anywhere from 3k to 5k down. I've never had my credit checked but I've been paying of my bike and paying a cell phone bill and I've never been late so I'd imagine its not bad. Wellllllllllll any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.  ;D ;D I haven't been let down yet!!

-Kyle



P.S. i didnt forget heartland motors  ;)
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

FOREMANRON

CHECK WITH SWAMP DONKEY AT HEARTLAND MOTORS EVERYBODY SAYS IT IS WORTH THE RIDE
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700


KB

#3
You mighta already but try www.traderonline.com It's all the Auto Traders/Boat Raders/Etc. online & you can narrow your search to within a certain amount of miles where the car is located.FWIW
There's ton's of used car dealerships that advertise there.

Or P.M. me and I'll give you a # to a friend of mine that has a used car dealership in Inverness on 41, he's at the Tampa & Orlando auctions all the time,he tells me theres good deals but that you got 50 other guys standin around you makin sure you don't get that good deal.

Ida_Mann

I heard something about a guy here on this website,,,,can't remember the name of the place to save my life,,,,,fartman? smartman, partsman?


oh yeah, Heartland Motors in Sebring ;-)

Id@

just yankin ya Scott
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

KB

Quote from: Ida_Mann on August 28, 2007, 06:39:00 PM
oh yeah, Heartland Motors in Sebring ;-)

Id@

Sebring, Fl.,
I grew up w/ some of the Sebring Family (Shannon & Stacy & there mom & dad) but there mom divorced & moved to Tampa thats how I know them.
There dad "Phill" is an awesome dude, his mansion was the one on the cover of last, or maybe this months "Lakeland Magazine".
There Grandma just passed away about a month ago in Sebring.
Phill was/is best friends w/ Barney Barnett(Barnett Bank) who married Carol Jenkins(George Jenkins daughter)
whats funny is in high school Phill dated Carol & Barney dated my friends mom then they traded girlfriends & Barney lucked out w/ Caroll

Shannon & Stacy tell there dad all the time how stupid he was for letting her go, but he's got more $$$ than most in Polk.
His dad was one of Publix's first 10 employees & there dad Phill got the farmers in FL. together & started the Publix private label goods.
They got one heck of a trust fund, cool girls to grow up w/ and hang out with they got 2 step-sisters in Lakeland w/ last name Sebring too from when there dad re-marriied.

Small world ! LOL

gearhead400

I've never heard of heartland motors before, do they have a website?

::)

The reason i asked for more dealerships was because maybe swamp cant get an STI until january, and when he does maybe he will have it priced higher than most others would sell it, or maybe he just CANT find anything older than an 07. I just wanted some more choices that i could trust. Believe me, i'd much rather give my money to a fellow atv'er than some dude that likes...i dont know, collecting stamps. If swamp is able to give me a deal i cant pass up then swamp will have a deal!!!  ;)

i appreciate all the responses and i cant say i was suprised at the loyalty of everyone to shout out heartland, but if you DO happen to know anyone else, please just let me know. 
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Da_Mtg_Man

I can't believe that no one has brought this up yet but Heartland motors is where you should check. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

bigwake


gearhead400

Yeah i dont know why anyone hasnt mentioned that place yet.



LOL  :P alright swamp, all these kind friends of yours said YOUR the guy to go to so lets hook a brother up!  8)

06 Subaru Impreza wrx STI, Black with gold factory rims for a price ooooof, lets say...on the house.  ;D  jp jp, i'll make a post in the heartland motors forum tomorrow when i get some time to type up a request.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

gearhead400

#10
Quote from: bigwake on August 28, 2007, 10:39:15 PM
ebay..craiglist...and ebay

everyone on ebay and craiglist is a used auto dealer and is trust worthy deserves my business?  ;) i know all the websites and its not hard to dig up used dealers, but i've been working on cars for only 2 years and you'd be amazed at how many people say "Well i just bought this car from a used car lot and they lied and now i have to pay more money to fix my car than it is worth." (gasp for air) hense why i asked to see if anyone know an honest place in tampa or orlando to buy a car from.  ;D this was just to further explain why i made this post
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: gearhead400 on August 28, 2007, 10:40:03 PM
Yeah i dont know why anyone hasnt mentioned that place yet.



LOL  :P alright swamp, all these kind friends of yours said YOUR the guy to go to so lets hook a brother up!  8)

06 Subaru Impreza wrx STI, Black with gold factory rims for a price ooooof, lets say...on the house.  ;D  jp jp, i'll make a post in the heartland motors forum tomorrow when i get some time to type up a request.


Hey brother I gotta tell you a Subaru is hard to find much less in a specific colour. I can tell you this much though, If I do find one it will be for less than other dealerships and if I cant I will help you save $$$$ wherever you buy. Just let me know before you do anything and I can help, one way or the other.

  I don't know why no one mentioned Heartland Motors :o

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."


Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bigwake

Quote from: gearhead400 on August 28, 2007, 10:43:14 PM
Quote from: bigwake on August 28, 2007, 10:39:15 PM
ebay..craiglist...and ebay

everyone on ebay and craiglist is a used auto dealer and is trust worthy deserves my business?  ;) i know all the websites and its not hard to dig up used dealers, but i've been working on cars for only 2 years and you'd be amazed at how many people say "Well i just bought this car from a used car lot and they lied and now i have to pay more money to fix my car than it is worth." (gasp for air) hense why i asked to see if anyone know an honest place in tampa or orlando to buy a car from.  ;D this was just to further explain why i made this post

haha..what a contradiction.. a used car dealership that is trustworthy..as soon as you find one..let me know..haven't seen one yet..and by the way..my friend is selling his wrx sti...its blue though..and i don't know the year.. ::)

KB

Try Mastro Subaru in Tampa on Hillsborough just west of the veteran's, been in business since the 60's.
They have a good sized used car lot too from mostly repeat, trade-in, customers.

JackL

LMAO, this thread was a nice change from the typical out pouring of praise we normally see for Scott. I for one have never dealt with him, but quite a few people I know have and were happy FWIW.

I second the www.autotrader.com suggestion, the search has been greatly improved and people are dumping big trucks cheap because of the gas prices. Some very sweet deals that no business could ever touch have been passing through there.

www.craigslist.org  is another really great one to find everything from used marital aids to zebras cheap as well!!!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

VForcedave

Heartland Motors is the place. Thats no bull.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

garym

I just got a 2006 Chevy Silverado from Swamp...great deal!!  Swamp isalso trying to find a Pontiac Solstice for my wife, a work truck for my brother in law, and a Toyota Tundra for a friend on mine. 

Yeah, I guess you could say he is trust worthy ;)

gearhead400

Thanks again everyone! I've gotten a few pm's about the business you do swamp and after everything i read i would greatly appreciate your help and would love to give you my business. Its going to be a big buy for me so after figuring in cell phone bill, insurance, and getting my quad payed off in the next couple of months, ANDDDD saving money for a down payment and then some, (deep breathe) it will probably be in november that you will see me on your lot! BUT i will keep you updated on how everything is going, and thanks again!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com