Night Ride at holylands

Started by EigerGuy, August 27, 2007, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EigerGuy

this weekend we went for a night ride at holylands i took my raptor and i also had 2 4X4s with me we had a pretty good time that was saterday night sunday mourning because its hunting season we rode as far as the levy takes u i think we were near BC it was a nice ride we had a hell of a time next time ill need 2 bring a camera
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

JackL

I was hoping you were posting for tonight, my riding plans at Macks fell through and i was just thinking about the good old Holeylands.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

EigerGuy

nope sorry it was actually my 2nd night ride and it was pretty damn cool, literally no heat but it still drains the hell out of you, whats the farthest u guys have rode out in holylands??
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

JackL

Quote from: EigerGuy on August 27, 2007, 09:51:47 PM
nope sorry it was actually my 2nd night ride and it was pretty damn cool, literally no heat but it still drains the hell out of you, whats the farthest u guys have rode out in holylands??

I hear you. I love night riding in the summer, it is really the only way if you want to have fun.
I have been pretty much over every inch of it about 1000 times over through out my life, I have never really done much riding of the extreme north / west areas, but am working on that.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

HVYHLR53

Quote from: EigerGuy on August 27, 2007, 09:51:47 PM
nope sorry it was actually my 2nd night ride and it was pretty damn cool, literally no heat but it still drains the hell out of you, whats the farthest u guys have rode out in holylands??

Me and 2 friends go riding @ Holey Lands every Friday night. We do 70 to 80 miles.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"

jrpro130

I'm ready whenever.

I got a 08 700 grizz and my tires will be in on wednesday.

If someone has a winch, ropes, etc, we'll be good.



I should have a brute force 750 with us, and possibly an eiger and another 700 grizz...I'll try to see what we can do for fri/sat night
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

JackL

Quote from: jrpro130 on August 27, 2007, 11:48:24 PM
I'm ready whenever.

I got a 08 700 grizz and my tires will be in on wednesday.

If someone has a winch, ropes, etc, we'll be good.



I should have a brute force 750 with us, and possibly an eiger and another 700 grizz...I'll try to see what we can do for fri/sat night

Dang, you work fast!! I go ride for two days and...LMAO, wow. Look forward to getting pulled out by it.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

jrpro130

Quote from: JackL on August 27, 2007, 11:57:04 PM
Quote from: jrpro130 on August 27, 2007, 11:48:24 PM
I'm ready whenever.

I got a 08 700 grizz and my tires will be in on wednesday.

If someone has a winch, ropes, etc, we'll be good.



I should have a brute force 750 with us, and possibly an eiger and another 700 grizz...I'll try to see what we can do for fri/sat night

Dang, you work fast!! I go ride for two days and...LMAO, wow. Look forward to getting pulled out by it.

Haha, yea, when I say something I try to usually get it done.  If anything you'll be pulling me out ;)  Hopefully we can ride together soon, we went out to 157th and 8th and it was awesome out there.  I was on stock tires, got stuck a few times, but it was my own fault.  I'm ready to ride this weekend if you want.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

digginfool

#8
Let me know when you guys are going out.  I'm dying to give the Outlander a shot in the Holeylands.  I think I better order some wheels and tires today, that or I could steal the 27" Vipers off my Prairie. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Tb29

kepp updates on this ride I would love to meet up with yall

JackL

Quote from: digginfool on August 28, 2007, 12:14:54 PM
Let me know when you guys are going out.  I'm dying to give the Outlander a shot in the Holeylands.  I think I better order some wheels and tires today, that or I could steel the 27" Vipers off my Prairie. 

Looking forward to riding with you diggin.

Quote from: Tb29 on August 28, 2007, 03:37:25 PM
kepp updates on this ride I would love to meet up with yall


Where you out of?

Be at RR this weekend, but I would go any time during next week.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Tb29

I'm out of West Palm area ride a 400 Big Bear IRS on 26"Execusioners

jrpro130

I only have school at nights, so days are good, weekends are better (big group to ride with)
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

300 quadrunner

new to the site, and lookin for people to meet that ride out at holeylands, i got friends who i ride with, trying to make a bigger group.  is it closed??
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

jrpro130

Quote from: 300 quadrunner on August 28, 2007, 07:17:30 PM
new to the site, and lookin for people to meet that ride out at holeylands, i got friends who i ride with, trying to make a bigger group.  is it closed??

Open for hunting during the day and riding recreationally at night.  It's just so you don't get shot at by the crazy bowhunters  ::)
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

300 quadrunner

ride by night, on the levi, or into the trails and camps???
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

EigerGuy

as soon as its dark your good to ride anywhere you want
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

300 quadrunner

well i'll be damned, anyone want to ride sometime this week
Florida Cracker

2001 Mazda B3000
4" lift on 33" MT/R

2002 Honda Rancher 350
2in Lift with 26in mudlites on 12" SS
Snorkeled exhausted jetted and clutch kit

jrpro130

We may ride this weekend.  2 big bores and an eiger hopefully...
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

klutchbuster400

I'm thinking of going with a few friends, I scimmed through the previous posts so I'm sure I missed it. Can you ride through the trials? and Is it muddy to the point where 2x4's wont last long?

EigerGuy

well i take my 700R raptor and as long as im behind a big 4x4 making me a path im good
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

jrpro130

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on September 04, 2007, 02:24:58 PM
I'm thinking of going with a few friends, I scimmed through the previous posts so I'm sure I missed it. Can you ride through the trials? and Is it muddy to the point where 2x4's wont last long?

Don't take a 2wd off the levee.  2 nights ago it was knee high water on the trails.  It's tamed down a bit (so I heard) since then, but I wouldn't touch a 2wd off the levee (and I own both a 2wd yfz450 and grizzly 700 4x4)

We were hopping off the levee to putting it in 4x4 low.  And we are both big bore bikes on 27's (not that that says much), but you won't be able to ride anywhere on the 2wd that we are going.  It's headlight deep water and NASTY mud where we are going.  Just bring/borrow a 4x4 and come along for the ride.  I woudl suggest bug spray, plenty of straps, flashlights, food/water, and a heavy thumb ;) 
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com