Would supermoto work in Dade county??

Started by m0n0x1d3, August 23, 2007, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0n0x1d3

Hello all,
I used to run under the screen name M0n5t3r and have been here and in the atv scene for quite some time.I was looking thru a magazine and reading about how suoermoto is taking off like wildfire.We have 1 legal place to ride down here in Dade County but yet have a raceway that sees 1 nascar race a year and a handful of other functions.I was wondering why we couldnt race there and if there would actualy be any interest in it?I am realy interested in the tt racing series but with zero places to practice and all the tracks being about a 4 hour drive each way it realy isnt doable.Hell we dont even have any legal wood trails to ride on within  a 100 mile radius.Anyways any input would be greatly appreciated because we may not be able to do supermoto at homestead raceway but maybe we could convince Jack from Seminole MX to make a flat track. >:D( sorry to babble on,My meds are hitting pretty hard atm)

ScooterB

Id bet you will see it in Daytona first
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

atvrob

put up a post if anyone ever has one i will definitly be there to support it .

RAD 450r

I would love to try supermoto.  During bike week last year in Daytona they had a supermoto quad race but it got cancelled due to only 4 entries.

Ive also heard that moroso at one time opened up like a go-cart track to quads.  Not sure though
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

atvrob

dang i would of been there,i guess you have to be in a better loop to hear about a lot of things

450r91

Ocala Grand Prix has a motard track and was willing to do it for quads but we would just have to make a good outturn for the first event!

LTR450 994

im sure moroso holds practice on the cart track every friday night or something, but as far as getting a track built here in Dade County...lol

z400stunter

I'm actually trying to sell my quads and have a supermoto as well as my street bike.  I just want Suzuki to make a street legal 450sm.
JUMP IT!

ScooterB

Quote from: z400stunter on August 26, 2007, 01:11:22 AM
I'm actually trying to sell my quads and have a supermoto as well as my street bike.  I just want Suzuki to make a street legal 450sm.

I saw 2 supermoto street legal bikes at suzuki of sarasota for under 8K
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

z400stunter

They are 400's.  I wanna see the fuel injected 450 in one.
JUMP IT!

atvrob

Quote from: 450r91 on August 25, 2007, 09:00:08 PM
Ocala Grand Prix has a motard track and was willing to do it for quads but we would just have to make a good outturn for the first event!
oh snap i remember seeing that they had one at the beginning of the year  for that super moto series first race,they have a amatuer class i might have to try it if they have it again.

m0n0x1d3

It would be nice to hit up some of the flat tracks in Florida.Just wondering where a person down south could practice at.Didnt immokalee used to have a flat track as well?