Pinellas County residents

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, August 20, 2007, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

I need a car hauler. I have to drag my Tahoe from Park Blvd (basically) to Curlew and 19 to drop it off. The ring and pinion are missing teeth and don't want to tow it with a strap.
I'm VERY good with towing, I've pulled every kind/length of trailer you can imagine and I have a truck to pull it with, I just need a trailer that will fit my Tahoe. Anybody got anything.

Mike
727-692-3196
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

KB

I wish I did,
If worse comes to worse try U-Haul or any other rental place if all you need is a dolly.(tell them you just have to pull a little Civic w/it)

Or join AAA on the phone today & they will pull it today.

Da_Mtg_Man

Yeah, Thats my back up. The funny thing is that I'm trying to cut back on expenses so I didn't renew my AAA last month (after 4 yrs of not using it).
I'm looking at around $700 to rebuild the rearend plus the rental car that I've had since Fri. It's adding up quick.....
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 20, 2007, 01:14:56 PM
Yeah, Thats my back up. The funny thing is that I'm trying to cut back on expenses so I didn't renew my AAA last month (after 4 yrs of not using it).
I'm looking at around $700 to rebuild the rearend plus the rental car that I've had since Fri. It's adding up quick.....

just go unlock the door and leave the keys in it. someone will take it off your hands and insurance will pay for it.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Joedirt

If I was closer you know you could use my trailer.....
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

If I knew our trailer would handle It, I would come over and move it for you tonight.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

fishfry

I have had AAA+ for 30 years and just drop them last week. I never used it in the last 5 years.
I bet i will need it soon.
A bad day in the woods is better then a good day at work.

500 mule (for sale)
Bronco II

KB

Quote from: fishfry on August 20, 2007, 06:15:14 PM
I have had AAA+ for 30 years and just drop them last week. I never used it in the last 5 years.
I bet i will need it soon.

Ya, you better knock on wood, AAA Plus is worth it the first time free for a 100 miles, they'll bring you free gas if you ever run out,

KEY WORD:    IF YOU EVER USE IT

On new cars, they come w/ road service, so a lot of people pass on AAA, I almost passed on it this year thinkin I can still call
1-800CHEVUSA on my truck, but thought about the trucks that weren't still covered, so I got a phone call & the lady said they'll bill me later & talked me into continuing just the basic AAA, but IMHO AAA PLUS is worth it, but if you have a lifted truck, the driver might give you a hard time, thats when you gotta tip him a 20 spot., they make little on AAA tow's, but it's  a solid account to have I guess.

AmericanRobster

AAA has saved me a couple of times. It's a cheap insurance policy.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Da_Mtg_Man

Thanks to all that offered. I got it towed 19 miles on a flatbed through my cell service and it only cost me $25.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 20, 2007, 10:21:11 PM
Thanks to all that offered. I got it towed 19 miles on a flatbed through my cell service and it only cost me $25.

I wish that I had a trailer for ya. That's great that you got it towed!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com