Suzuki Vinson

Started by EigerGuy, August 14, 2007, 03:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EigerGuy

well so far i have an Eiger that my g/f drives and my raptor 700R just the other day we went 2 holeylands and went for a nightride with a few other people and i started thinking damn my raptor is doin good but i was bustin I disagree riding that thing threw mud water and trees(ya do what ya got 2 do not 2 get stuck) and the other 4x4s were doing the same and now i was wondering about a 500 Vinson what experiences have u guys had with them good or bad


thank you
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

I don't have one but know  several people that do and I've never heard a bad thing about them. The people tha I know have put them through the ringer and love the quad.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Bigscrb15

I think you mean Vinson.... And yes, they are GREAT quads!!! over 2 years with mine and ZERO trouble.....
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

qt314nfla

I know many ppl that have them or have had them and I've never heard a bad thing about them.

SWAMP_DONKEY

#4
Quote from: QT314 on August 14, 2007, 09:58:27 PM
I know many ppl that have them or have had them and I've never heard a bad thing about them.

DITTO...seem to be Honda like in durability but fun to ride and better brakes..lol ;)

EigerGuy

so its lookin like a vinson or kingquad is in my future
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

JackL

Nearly indestructible is the best way to describe a Vinson. ;) Trust me!!!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Joedirt

3 Years my Wife has had hers....Bullet proof machine.....I mean it is a Suzuki... 8)
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: EigerGuy on August 14, 2007, 11:33:34 PM
so its lookin like a vinson or kingquad is in my future

On my Second King and love them, Bought a new Eiger for Miranda and it also performes flawlessly.

AmericanRobster

Believe it or not my Arctic Cat has a Suzuki motor.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

quadracer1992

Quote from: americanrobster on August 15, 2007, 09:15:08 PM
Believe it or not my Arctic Cat has a Suzuki motor.
yeah suzuki motors are in the kfx400, the dvx400, and the z400
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

AmericanRobster

Quote from: quadracer1992 on August 15, 2007, 09:17:32 PM
Quote from: americanrobster on August 15, 2007, 09:15:08 PM
Believe it or not my Arctic Cat has a Suzuki motor.
yeah suzuki motors are in the kfx400, the dvx400, and the z400

Good motors! No complaints yet
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

quadracer1992

yes indeed, mine runs great, just brought my suzuki to croom
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

450R_Matt

Brother in law has the manual shift and its bad azz. you cant kill it. The trans makes a little noise but i think its normal.
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

AmericanRobster

Quote from: quadracer1992 on August 15, 2007, 10:23:38 PM
yes indeed, mine runs great, just brought my suzuki to croom


I just need an Arctic Cat repair manual so I can work on my atv myself.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

brown-eyed-girl

To me, the Vinson is the best quad known to man. You cant beat it. the only difference I see between the king and the vinson is the king is bigger, a little faster and it has the diff lock. the Vinson is better in the water and just about indestructable!

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: brown-eyed-girl on August 16, 2007, 10:59:29 PM
To me, the Vinson is the best quad known to man. You cant beat it. the only difference I see between the king and the vinson is the king is bigger, a little faster and it has the diff lock. the Vinson is better in the water and just about indestructable!

KQ also has IRS.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

JackL

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:28:59 AM
Quote from: brown-eyed-girl on August 16, 2007, 10:59:29 PM
To me, the Vinson is the best quad known to man. You cant beat it. the only difference I see between the king and the vinson is the king is bigger, a little faster and it has the diff lock. the Vinson is better in the water and just about indestructable!

KQ also has IRS.

Two more CV's to break.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: JackL on August 17, 2007, 06:30:49 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:28:59 AM
Quote from: brown-eyed-girl on August 16, 2007, 10:59:29 PM
To me, the Vinson is the best quad known to man. You cant beat it. the only difference I see between the king and the vinson is the king is bigger, a little faster and it has the diff lock. the Vinson is better in the water and just about indestructable!

KQ also has IRS.

Two more CV's to break.

I had both of mine rebuilt (completey, end to end) for $90 total at dependable driveshaft here in Clearwater. Not bad for 2 yrs of riding in the mud and water with mudzillas ,VERY COMFORTABLY riding I might add.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

JackL

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:38:12 AM
I had both of mine rebuilt (completey, end to end) for $90 total at dependable driveshaft here in Clearwater. Not bad for 2 yrs of riding in the mud and water with mudzillas ,VERY COMFORTABLY riding I might add.

Wow, that is good to know. These guys? http://dependabledriveshaft.com/

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: JackL on August 17, 2007, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:38:12 AM
I had both of mine rebuilt (completey, end to end) for $90 total at dependable driveshaft here in Clearwater. Not bad for 2 yrs of riding in the mud and water with mudzillas ,VERY COMFORTABLY riding I might add.

Wow, that is good to know. These guys? http://dependabledriveshaft.com/



Thats them. Small shop, very reasonable and he told me has has put running gear to handle 33's on a couple grizzly's.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

AmericanRobster

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 10:42:29 AM
Quote from: JackL on August 17, 2007, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:38:12 AM
I had both of mine rebuilt (completey, end to end) for $90 total at dependable driveshaft here in Clearwater. Not bad for 2 yrs of riding in the mud and water with mudzillas ,VERY COMFORTABLY riding I might add.

Wow, that is good to know. These guys? http://dependabledriveshaft.com/



Nice to know.... I live here in St. Pete so thats a plus....
Thats them. Small shop, very reasonable and he told me has has put running gear to handle 33's on a couple grizzly's.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: americanrobster on August 17, 2007, 09:24:01 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 10:42:29 AM
Quote from: JackL on August 17, 2007, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on August 17, 2007, 06:38:12 AM
I had both of mine rebuilt (completey, end to end) for $90 total at dependable driveshaft here in Clearwater. Not bad for 2 yrs of riding in the mud and water with mudzillas ,VERY COMFORTABLY riding I might add.

Wow, that is good to know. These guys? http://dependabledriveshaft.com/



Nice to know.... I live here in St. Pete so thats a plus....
Thats them. Small shop, very reasonable and he told me has has put running gear to handle 33's on a couple grizzly's.

There up off 49th in the industrial area behind Emily's restaraunt
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Zecura



This is my Vinson (and our camp) at the Mudfest last weekend. Got my 07 last November and love it. Low range, disc breaks, shaft drive, power point and dry box are all standard. All I need now is a pipe, winch and some Outlaws.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com