ATV ball hitch

Started by BIGREDTIDE, August 10, 2007, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGREDTIDE

Do local dealer's have them?, or any other place you might know of?

I do know that the one on my truck...the shaft is too thick.  Keep comments to yourselves!   ::)

Looking for a ball hitch for my '85 250 Big Red.  I assume that even modern day ATV's are the same fit.
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

BIGREDTIDE

Oh yeah....I need it ASAP.  :-\
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Moose

#3
If you're looking for the bracket, I would go look at Rocky Mountain ATV.

They have all kinds of items.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

VForcedave

I took one off my sons truck and put it on the Rancher. Works just fine.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Mars

1-7/8 & 2 inch trailer balls come with 1 inch or 3/4 inch shaft. You need the smaller one. (wallmart)
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

BIGREDTIDE

Quote from: Mars on August 10, 2007, 09:33:32 PM
1-7/8 & 2 inch trailer balls come with 1 inch or 3/4 inch shaft. You need the smaller one. (wallmart)

Yeah...I think it's prolly a 3/4" shaft I need.  I have a 1-7/8's ball, but it was too big.  Haven't checked yet, so I'll go home & measure.

Wal-Mart....cool....Thanks!! 
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: BIGREDTIDE on August 14, 2007, 03:39:41 PM
Quote from: Mars on August 10, 2007, 09:33:32 PM
1-7/8 & 2 inch trailer balls come with 1 inch or 3/4 inch shaft. You need the smaller one.

Yeah...I think it's prolly a 3/4" shaft I need.  I have a 1-7/8's ball, but it was too big.  Haven't checked yet, so I'll go home & measure.


WOW, I'm gonna leave this one alone, However,I feel for you buddy. :D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

BIGREDTIDE

HAHA....I've been waiting on SOMEONE to say something.

The door IS wide open!!   2:L
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

BIGREDTIDE

Damn!!!  Just went back and read it.....that's some funny $H+T!!   ;D

Anyway...back to the topic...
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Da_Mtg_Man

Do like Moose said and check www.rockymountainatv.com or go to e-bay.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

KAW3604x4

Lowes or Homedepot. Any automotive store and get the 3/4" shaft. I picked up two $6 ea for both of mine.
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

JackL

OMFG, this thread...hahahahaha.

Just chuck up a standard ball hitch in the lathe and turn it down to fit. I just had to throw in a stupid comment on this one to stop my self from saying what needed to be said. 8)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

iluvmuddin

OK..this is conversation is making me Horny..!!  Geeezzz!

susieblazer

Quote from: iluvmuddin on August 17, 2007, 06:05:20 PM
OK..this is conversation is making me Horny..!!  Geeezzz!
:banghead.gif OMG here we go again.....................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

JackL

Am I the only one to note the irony in this? I can almost hear Alanis screaming in my ears...


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

iluvmuddin

#16
thats too freaking cool ....lol...69 post and Horny in the same post...lol...I Rock!!!


Rebecca


p.s.......hey umm...i'm just gonna throw this out here and then go back where i came from..

If you need help measureing it....PM me....

susieblazer

 :cursing.gif :dunno.gif
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

BIGREDTIDE

Quote from: iluvmuddin on August 18, 2007, 12:15:17 AM
thats too freaking cool ....lol...69 post and Horny in the same post...lol...I Rock!!!


Rebecca


p.s.......hey umm...i'm just gonna throw this out here and then go back where i came from..

If you need help measureing it....PM me....

Prolly take a few to measaure....it's a loooong way to the end.   :o

Seriously...thanks for the help peep's!!   8)
Jeff
'85 250ES Big Red
'03 CBR 600RR

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com