6.0L turbo diesel good or bad ?

Started by WickedBanshee, August 10, 2007, 10:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

Let me make one very good valid point.  UNTIL YOU OWN A TRUCK AND PAY THE MAINTENANCE ON IT AND DRIVE IT EVERYDAY, you really don't have a justifiable opinion.  My daddies truck, my uncles truck, my sister's truck, etc. does not merit you to a justifiable opinion on whether the truck is good or not.  Anyone can go onto several different diesel forums and get all the information they need on diesels and make a valued assumption on what truck is going to best fit their needs.  It's kind of like me test riding a yfz450, and then coming on here and telling everyone how great they are, etc.  I can tell you all about a banshee, a grizzly, a 2003 7.3 powerstroke, 99 ford mustang, etc. because I have owned, operated, maintained, done my own work on all those vehicles.  Half the freaking threads around here get mudded up from people opinion on something instead of their interactive history on something.  I don't care if your 16 or 61, your opinion means nothing to me, because you don't own a diesel, or if you have you haven't owned it for long. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

because you don't pay for it, you don't drive it everyday, that makes it unjustifiable.  I own a ford now, but my next truck will most likely be a dodge cummins.  I like that truck better than a ford, but I own what I could afford.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Chevy1500z71

you dont drive a cummins around so its unjustifyable to say its beter than waht your driving now. see how that dosent realy aply? im done with this argument, iv deleted my last sevral posts. move on.

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 12, 2007, 02:45:46 PM
you dont drive a cummins around so its unjustifyable to say its beter than waht your driving now. see how that dosent realy aply? im done with this argument, iv deleted my last sevral posts. move on.

Are you f*&king kidding me?  what I want to do and buy is my opinion and I am not forcing that on anyone.  Heck, I am not sitting here saying ford is better, or dodge is better, I am just saying my next truck will probably be a dodge.  I have done my research and feel that i want to try a dodge out.  I am not sitting on this post saying dodge is better because.  You see what I am saying?  okay now I am going to say it, you are 16, when you get a little more mature and grown up you will understand what REASONABLE JUSTIFY means. 

It's kind of like this.  I work for a packaging facility.  If I want to reasonable justify why the company should purchase this machine, do you think I am going to go talk to supervisor's that oversee the machine or and I going to go talk to the mechanic and operator that operates the machine?  The supervisor doesn't sit there and operate the machine, or maintain the machine, he just supervises the process.  Is that anymore clear for you?  You don't own the truck, you watch your brother drive it, you might help him work on it, but from your post you have done much to it.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Chevy1500z71

i feel that duramax is beter, as you feel that cummins is better. I mentioned i like duramax beter about 20 posts ago and all you guys have done is bashed me, all i did was defend myself, not tryed to force my opinion. i realy dont know how to explain myself any more, im so tired of this thread and all of you bashing me. just end it...

dynodon

Funny you say that Jason, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I was looking @ a new dodge in town ( looks REALLY nice) and considering trading my new one in at the end of the year for it...... Go figure
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

dynodon

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 12, 2007, 03:29:07 PM
i feel that duramax is beter, as you feel that cummins is better. I mentioned i like duramax beter about 20 posts ago and all you guys have done is bashed me, all i did was defend myself, not tryed to force my opinion. i realy dont know how to explain myself any more, im so tired of this thread and all of you bashing me. just end it...
Sorry, BUT no-one "bashed " you about your opinion, you were trying to force your opinion on peaple that didnt agree, then started the name throwing......... Thats when the bashing started, But like I said, I understand, I was 16 once too.
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: dynodon on August 12, 2007, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 12, 2007, 03:29:07 PM
i feel that duramax is beter, as you feel that cummins is better. I mentioned i like duramax beter about 20 posts ago and all you guys have done is bashed me, all i did was defend myself, not tryed to force my opinion. i realy dont know how to explain myself any more, im so tired of this thread and all of you bashing me. just end it...
Sorry, BUT no-one "bashed " you about your opinion, you were trying to force your opinion on peaple that didnt agree, then started the name throwing......... Thats when the bashing started, But like I said, I understand, I was 16 once too.
agreed.  my point was if you don't own it, operate it, maintain it, your opinion is just that an opinion.  You have not reasonable justification to persuade a person to buy one or the other.  at the end of the day your buying a diesel which is a good thing IN MY OPINION.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: dynodon on August 12, 2007, 03:31:02 PM
Funny you say that Jason, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I was looking @ a new dodge in town ( looks REALLY nice) and considering trading my new one in at the end of the year for it...... Go figure

yeah man, don't get me wrong, I love my 7.3, and it has been very reliable, minus the alternator and front wheel bearings, but I really really like the dodge cummins.  I don't do alot of heavy pulling and most of my driving is to and from work, I just need the truck for when I need to haul cattle, lumber, travel trailer, 4-wheelers, etc.  Put an air intake, exhaust, GAUGES, and tuner and hope to get some really good gas mileage.  Momma is getting her Toyota Seqouia before I get my Dodge Cummins though, so it will be a few years.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

yfz122

that cummins motor might be sitting in a ford truck by then. my uncle just told me that he thinks ford bought out cummins. he has worked for ford for close to thirty years. i hope it is not just a rumor.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

kfx400rob

lol every post you guys have made has some 16 year old put down in it.
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

trx#9

I own a duramax and I only buy the best, nuff said!!!!!!! ;D
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

KB

Quote from: dynodon on August 12, 2007, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 12, 2007, 03:29:07 PM
i feel that duramax is beter, as you feel that cummins is better. I mentioned i like duramax beter about 20 posts ago and all you guys have done is bashed me, all i did was defend myself, not tryed to force my opinion. i realy dont know how to explain myself any more, im so tired of this thread and all of you bashing me. just end it...
Sorry, BUT no-one "bashed " you about your opinion, you were trying to force your opinion on peaple that didnt agree, then started the name throwing......... Thats when the bashing started, But like I said, I understand, I was 16 once too.

Thats right enough said, who's going to the MotoPlex the weekend of the 24th.?

Chevy1500z71

you have got to be kiding me, you cant just let it go without trowing in the whole im 16 thing. just beacause im 16 dosent meen i think im smarter than all you, im not i just dont agree with you opinion. now please let it go!

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 12, 2007, 05:43:23 PM
you have got to be kiding me, you cant just let it go without trowing in the whole im 16 thing. just beacause im 16 dosent meen i think im smarter than all you, im not i just dont agree with you opinion. now please let it go!

I agree, LET IT GO!



















By the way, You're only 16 so what do you know?


LMAO. sorry dude, I had to.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dynodon

 :Clap.gif :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R :R
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Chevy1500z71


WickedBanshee

#67
 :) yes i climb the 110 ft tower in my back yard lol
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

WickedBanshee

#68
 :) 110 octane in the tanks for my yfz BTW is the BEST atv ever made LMAO !
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

WickedBanshee

#69
Thats my new ride !! I love it !  8) 2001 f250 4x4 7.3 turbo diesel
Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: kfx400rob on August 12, 2007, 04:09:23 PM
lol every post you guys have made has some 16 year old put down in it.

not all of mine. 
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

dynodon

Nor mine !!


Wicked, Nice truck , congrats man !!!! Best truck EVER LMAO ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

cutngrs

#72
   DONT LOOK AT ME I NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT A 16 YEAR OLD  :o HE SAID I WAS INGORNENT  AND  HURT MY FEELINGS :'( 


























LOL :R :R :L 2:L

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT  HE CAN JUST KISS MY  :M :o
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Anoriginal

1977 Chevy Luv, best truck ever. They had like 394 hp and 635.21ft. lbs. torque from the factory. They'd run 8.60's at 150mph + in the 1/4, got 28 mpg in town and 32 on the highway and had windsheild wipers. I had a buddy  that put chrome valve covers on his along with some neon lights under it and he picked up like 47 hp.

They were bad azz.

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Anoriginal on August 13, 2007, 08:44:05 AM
1977 Chevy Luv, best truck ever. They had like 394 hp and 635.21ft. lbs. torque from the factory. They'd run 8.60's at 150mph + in the 1/4, got 28 mpg in town and 32 on the highway and had windsheild wipers. I had a buddy  that put chrome valve covers on his along with some neon lights under it and he picked up like 47 hp.

They were bad azz.

Hmmmmm. I thought it was 65hp with those mods...... OHHHH I bet he didn't use the Bowtie shaped wingnuts to bolt down the head covers.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com