Buying hipers but im confused

Started by gearhead400, August 09, 2007, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead400

Hey,

I thought i was pretty good at math but i just got thrown off. My rear tires are 20x11x9...I just bought 9x8 itp rims and the tires fit on the rims fine...how??? i though the first number was the rim size, 9" diameter from bead to bead and the 8 was the width of the rim from bead to bead. but if thats true how do my 11x9 tires fit? The width i can obviously understand but diameter should be too small?
I said all that to say this. Im going to race xc this year and i was going to get 10x9 (3+6) beadlocks, but now i dont know if thats going to be to big, if im going to need 9x8's

Can someone clear my head please. lol  ???
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

YFZ450-Tampa

Hey Kyle, I don't think your numbers are right, other ways, those tires wouldn't fit in those rims
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

gearhead400

ahhhh, I just pulled my bike OUT of my shed with NO light and the tires say 20x11-9 NOT 20x11x9 so I'm not sure what the 11 stands for, maybe overall height? Dunno, but if someone does let me know so i can get these things on order!  ;D ;D




http://hiperracingwheels.com/detail.aspx?ID=3145
:)
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

fastrnrik

Your tires are:

20" Tall - 11" Wide - 9" Rim  Diameter

Your current rims are 9" diameter and 8" wide.

Hope that helps

gearhead400

ok cool, after seeing the 11-9 thats what i figured. Thanks man, hows the ps2 doin? i got a ps3 and i miss all my games haha.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

fastrnrik

The PS2 is doin great. We play it at the track every weekend. Is the PS3 any better? Worth the money?