Max Rhino tire?

Started by ProEMTPFF, August 05, 2007, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProEMTPFF

Anyone know the max size tire I can go on a stock Yamaha Rhino? I'm looking at 27" tall but unsure of the width on the stock lift and rims.
2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels


[url="http://www.4x4country.net"]http://www.4x4country.net[/url]

Chillinthemost


They will fit, but you will lose some power.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

SWAMP_DONKEY

If you go to the max tire size 27 you will loose power...go with a Mud lite and understand the handling changes thet will come with a lighter carcase.

ProEMTPFF

What width can I get and use in a 27 inch tire?
2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels


[url="http://www.4x4country.net"]http://www.4x4country.net[/url]

GrizzlyGator

Quote from: ProEMTPFF on August 05, 2007, 12:40:57 AM
Anyone know the max size tire I can go on a stock Yamaha Rhino? I'm looking at 27" tall but unsure of the width on the stock lift and rims.

Try this link out for some answers I did a search for you on the Highlifter webs site (Yamaha section) this was the results:

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/searchpro.aspx?phrase=rhino+tire&author=&forumid=25&topicreply=both&message=body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&language=single&top=300&criteria=AND&minRank=0&sortMethod=r&submitbutton=+OK+

kawGIRL

We use:

9x12x26" front
12x12x26" rear
BigHorns

and

9x12x27" front
12x12x27" rear
MudBugs

on our Stock Rhino ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Bleedsblue

You can fit up to a 29.5 on a Rhino but unless you want to mess with clutch kits, possible triming and eventualy broke axles you are best off sticking to a 27" tire 9-10" wide up front, 12's in the back.
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

ProEMTPFF

Ok, I have some used "like new" Maxxis Mudzilla 27's. Will the 660 Rhino be ok with 27 9/12 front and 27 12/12 rear tires on stock rims, or should I look into aftermarket wheels with a offset, or stock wheels the 27's on it with 1" or more spacers??
2007 Yamaha Rhino   27" Maxxis Mudzillas on STI Black Wheels


[url="http://www.4x4country.net"]http://www.4x4country.net[/url]

Mudneck

I use the 26" terra cross on both mine. Awsome all around tire 8)
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AmericanRobster

Quote from: bushwacker on January 29, 2008, 11:47:48 AM
I use the 26" terra cross on both mine. Awsome all around tire 8)
[/quote

Good tires!
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com