GT Thunder Suspension?

Started by KD 428, August 05, 2007, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KD 428

Hello I am thinking about buying GT thunder suspension in the future. I have a few questions about this shock conversion.

I am planning on sending in both front and rear shocks to be made better.

For the questions,

Are these shocks comparable to Elkas, or other high performance shocks?
Are they worth the money?
I am planning on putting them on my 450r to race XC, would the XC version be good for that?
And how are they on the whoops(Croom for example)

oh and BTW, in the pic Im attaching, are those the right kits to buy?

Thank you in advance,

                        Kenny
HONDA CRF450R

atvtrailer

I race xc and had mine done before this past season and love them, there is a huge difference, definitely worth the money, and i ride croom a lot and it handles the whoops a lot better too
05 450r #13B

KD 428

Alright that sounds good.

How much do you think it will run me for both front and rear shocks to be rebuilt?
HONDA CRF450R

atvtrailer

last time i checked i think it was 740, for the front and rear to be done and also get the new rear linkage
05 450r #13B

Turboderf

I had mine done about 3 months ago what a big difference i think they are as good as Elka's i love mine we are getting ready to send out my sons shock make sure you get the link & the fronts are duel rate springs set up to your weight and riding style WORTH THE MONEY they are the best for deal for the money  3 shocks & a link for under 800 bucks good luck

KD 428

Ok thanks alot guys, guess I'm saving up for GT thunders now... lol
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

It will be the best money you spend on the quad.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

lawn_man mx

   i think  it is a good set up !!  i run  elkas on my quad , and ive'd  tried  other quads  with this set up. and  its pretty good deal for the money!!
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

KD 428

Ok so those are the things I should order in the picture I attached?
HONDA CRF450R

KD 428

Quote from: KD 450 on August 07, 2007, 11:47:27 AM
Ok so those are the things I should order in the picture I attached?
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

What type of riding do you do?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KD 428

Mostly trails

I want to race FTR when I turn 16 sooo pretty much just rough trails, and a lot of croom.


but an occasional trip to the mx track
HONDA CRF450R

TRX450R_Racer

For XC you would want the dual rate set up on the front and a single rate rear. There is a form on there website to fill out. Send them your 3 shocks and they will respring and revalve them. you will also get a new XC rear link. The package is $740 plus shipping. It's worth every penny.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

YFZ450-Tampa

I don't know how are you in $$$ but they also have the set with the front "A" arms it gives it more travel, more info is in their web site, I see you have been on it
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

KD 428

I dont have enough $$ for that now but maybe in the future
HONDA CRF450R

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com