INSPECT YOUR TOW STRAPS!

Started by dirty1, August 02, 2007, 01:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 01:55:29 AM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 01:48:38 AM
beware that the recoil thing won't necessarily work for ATV's because you as a human are so close to the hooking point to the ATV.  Let's say the strap broke from the ATV you are pulling out, it will recoil half way back, which is most likely the exact same length from the middle of the strap to you.  This idea works great in vehicles, but ATV's might not work soo well, becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle.  Two jackets (one a third of the way from you, and the other a third away from the other ATV) will work much better. 

The recoil thing saves lives, but does not necessarily save tailgates.  Very good information though.

  wouldn't you always be equal distance from the MIDDLE?? LOL only joking. ATVs are not a serious as you are using a shorter strap and less tension, but in cases when you are putting pressure with a 100ft winch cable the middle is sufficient.

Your danged if you do and danged if you don't.  If you are too vague, people slam ya becuase you didn't supply enough information, if you go above and beyond the normal explaining you get slammed too.  WHAT TO DO???  JK, I try to be as descriptive as possible.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

JackL

I think we can all agree, ANYTHING on the cable or chain is better than nothing. ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Smoknbanshee

We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

JackL

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

SWAMP_DONKEY

#30
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

Fox17

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

if you do this, wear protective gear.

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

your killing me.  I might take a tape measure and make sure next time I pull somoene out.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

JackL

Quote from: Fox17 on August 03, 2007, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

if you do this, wear protective gear.


Besides a helmet, what do you recommend? ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Fox17

Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 03, 2007, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

if you do this, wear protective gear.


Besides a helmet, what do you recommend? ;)

idk, a chest protector, and maybe some street bike leathers. lol. be careful though.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 03, 2007, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

if you do this, wear protective gear.


Besides a helmet, what do you recommend? ;)

Condom...you can never be sure where the person you are pulling out has been :o

JackL

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 04, 2007, 02:39:57 AM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 03, 2007, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on August 03, 2007, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: JackL on August 03, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: Smoknbanshee on August 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM
We all agree, I was just taking it to the next level.

LMAO, the next level would be intentionally snapping a fat cable for a cool video and some high speed photos.


Anyone want to let me borrow their truck for a little while. ;)


I will gladly take a rain check on this.

  I will use my truck but You have to be carefull...becuase each of you are the equal distance from the middle :o  lmao

if you do this, wear protective gear.


Besides a helmet, what do you recommend? ;)

Condom...you can never be sure where the person you are pulling out has been :o


I'm thinking it should be made from kevlar.  ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.