Florida ATV Motoplex MX track and Hill Climb area are now under construction

Started by Paul_S, August 01, 2007, 08:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

Here are some pictures of the mx track earlier this week;










Hill Climb area:




















MX Track progress by the end of the day, today;

























1FasterBlaster

   Man , I can't wait to get my quad and ride again!! Nice work guys.

Kawa3

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Paul_S

Quote from: Kawa3 on August 01, 2007, 08:54:44 PM
Looks real nice!  The hill climbs scare me!

I went up one of the smaller ones, Dreth went up one of the massive ones  :o

Bigscrb15

get chillin and his crew up there. i think they can ride some hills.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fox17


trx#9

Looks good, the mx track looks a little narrow though. It could just be the pictures.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Chillinthemost

Paul, I swear I love you in a non homo kinda way. You are making hills. Make them as tall and as steep as you can.
I'm in the middle of a huge project right now and can barely even think about riding but as soon as I'm finished my son and I will be headed up to try out your place.   Thank you for all you do.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Kawa3

Quote from: Paul_S on August 01, 2007, 08:57:34 PM
Quote from: Kawa3 on August 01, 2007, 08:54:44 PM
Looks real nice!  The hill climbs scare me!

I went up one of the smaller ones, Dreth went up one of the massive ones  :o

It's mainly from the 16+" of GC and the 750lb quad. I would probably hit it on a sport though.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Paul_S

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 01, 2007, 10:18:37 PM
Paul, I swear I love you in a non homo kinda way. You are making hills. Make them as tall and as steep as you can.
I'm in the middle of a huge project right now and can barely even think about riding but as soon as I'm finished my son and I will be headed up to try out your place.   Thank you for all you do.

Man, and I was hoping it was a homo way  >:D j/k

We got some pretty big ones, all Dreth and I kept saying was that one is for Chillin  ;D

Bigscrb15

i wish you would stop posting pics. i am in the middle of moving and cant ride right now. i am dieing to get up there.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bignickwaite

hi i think i heard about this place before its 5 exits west of 75 on I10. when is it opening. i need to go there.like now...lol thanks nick
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: bignickwaite on August 02, 2007, 12:08:42 AM
hi i think i heard about this place before its 5 exits west of 75 on I10. when is it opening. i need to go there.like now...lol thanks nick

Anybody is welcome to come on out and ride.

When it opens, there will be a small charge to ride there, but for now you can come out at the weekend and ride for free.

We have approx 8 miles of 1 way fast trails, the mx track is about a mile long (the pictures do not show the woods section) and there are 2 hill climb areas for the sport bikes.

For the utility bikes, we have ponds, mud pit, creeks and tons of 2 way trails. We are working on an Xtreme-Ute course to race (and just ride) encompassing all sorts of challenges.

We could use some help cutting Utes trails and riding the one way trail systems, so anyone is welcome out there.  ;D

KB

PaulS, are you going to have a waiver signed or any other type of offset(not full-color) printing done ?
(business cards, letterheads,envelopes w/ return address, post card's to you members,monthly news letter, stuff like that)

My mom has a small print shop & if you email her what you want, I'll tell her to print it & I'll pay what the paper cost.
I'm talking about 2 or 3 part (white,yellow,pink) of NCR paper, so you can have people sign it, you keep the original & give the customer a copy if you want, or she can make pad's of the rule's so they'll be on a pad & you  could just peel them off & hand them out as needed.
Just a thought, the pics. look awesome, you guy's are doing a good job !

I know it's costing some $$, I don't have a problem paying to ride there, it's great your letting people in for free until it opens.

I still think an ice machine would be a good idea, check out www.uline.com for plastic bag's a pretty much all kind's of stuff, I buy trash bags, GO-JO, Scrubs, & towels from them.
Just a thought.

Paul_S

Thanks for those ideas, I like the idea of a waiver pad.  ;) Let me give it some thought.

I would need a self powered ice machine. Maybe they make a propane one. We are out away from people (and power) and I don't want to run the generator 24/7.

KB

Just let me know Paul about any printing, I'll be happy to donate it to you,

FWIW, the other day I seen an enclosed trailer, it was some kind of portable ice trailer or somethin, real heavy duty tandem trailer, I forget the name of the company but I could search for it, maybe you can get a contract w/ a company like that for ice, I don't mean to make such a big deal about ice but if your away from any stores I know people will be buying a lot of it.

Ask a R.R. member where they got there ice from during hunt season, I heard they had a whole truck of it & the ATV'rs bought just about all of it in a couple hours.

Seems like you would need just a small reefer truck to keep it frozen.

VForcedave

AWESOME JOB GUYS. We will be coming up soon and riding. We will pay whatever fees you have gladly. Thank You.
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.


gearhead400

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 01, 2007, 10:18:37 PM
Paul, I swear I love you in a non homo kinda way. You are making hills. Make them as tall and as steep as you can.
I'm in the middle of a huge project right now and can barely even think about riding but as soon as I'm finished my son and I will be headed up to try out your place.   Thank you for all you do.

Ditto! You guys are awesome!!! It's a long drive for me (not like its a short one for dreth or anyone else!!!) but i will try to make it up there soon to help out!! This weekend is my birthday, next weekend i have a tractor pull with my grandpa, but if you guys are still needing help the weekend after that I'll be more that happy to help out! I run forklifts at my job so im familar with some types of heavy equipment and im always moving dirt by hand at my house so im a good work horse.  ;D

Excellent job again and I cant thank you enough paul for doing this for the atv community.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudmonkey

Thanks Paul for letting us come out there and ride last weekend! I had alot of fun hanging out, riding, and *watching moslty* the work on the kids track. lol. cant wait to go out there again!


~*~btw: did anyone ever figure out wat that eel-like thing was that we found in the dirt at the kids track??  ??? ~*~
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

JackL

Looking good. Can you build one in Broward next. Close to 595 and 75 if possible. 8)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

eldiablo64

Great job guys it looks awesome.It looks dry up there must be the driest part of the state LMAO
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Paul_S on August 01, 2007, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 01, 2007, 10:18:37 PM
Paul, I swear I love you in a non homo kinda way. You are making hills. Make them as tall and as steep as you can.
I'm in the middle of a huge project right now and can barely even think about riding but as soon as I'm finished my son and I will be headed up to try out your place.   Thank you for all you do.

Man, and I was hoping it was a homo way  >:D j/k

We got some pretty big ones, all Dreth and I kept saying was that one is for Chillin  ;D

dude,,,,clarify, you are saying you were hoping it was in a homo way then you start talking about "big ones" and one was for Chillin?

8)

That's it,,,,,from seeing the pics,,,fornicate Durhamtown, I'm headed there.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

YELLOW RR

2007 LTR450

Miami450R

wow that looks really awesome!!

exactly in what part of FL is this??
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com