ATV Tire Mounting

Started by TNTaylor, July 13, 2007, 12:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNTaylor

Does anyone know of a place in the Homestead, FL area that will mount ATV tires.  I've been to all the local tire dealers and the lawnmower shops with no joy.  I've had some bad experiences with the Yamaha dealer in Cutler Ridge and would prefer not taking anymore business to them.  I'd like to find a place in Homestead if possible.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

caospop

I know a place in miami if your willing to drive.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

GrizzlyGator

wal-mart (super) tire center

LTR450 994

just go to anyother motorcycle shop in your area. yellow pages

batman

What is the place in Miami?

07foreman

u can have any shop just pop the bead on the tirer currently mounted to the rim then removing it and mounting the new one can be done by hand thats how i do mine

duroc825

Just had a bead broken for me by a shop here in Pasco. He used a vertical machine and didn't try to break the bead all at once. He kinda just put pressure on it just begore the "thing" slips and backs off. It will eventually break the bead and yes getting them off and on is not too bad with a little soap to get them on.

eldiablo64

i've never mounted one but a guy i know has but then again he's kinda weird like that. lmao
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

MPTonyT

harbor freight sells a manual tire changer. i went to my dads house and we took my stockers off and mounted my holeshots with no problem.....
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Raptor700

Try the tire plce on the corner of Lucy street and redland Road. I'm shure they would do it.

KB

I know Super WalMart sells ATV Tires so like Can-Am said they should be able to mount them, or call around to different little mom & pop tire stores, you'll prob. find one that can do it.

mainetoo2005

Drive your car or truck tire as close to the bead as possible while the ATV tire/wheel is laying on the ground. It pops right off the bead. Make sure to remove the valve stem first.