Mileage on an ATV

Started by caospop, July 12, 2007, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caospop

 I was just wondering. What is the highest mileage that someone has come across on an ATV or ATC. Share your stories of the old quads and trikes,i.e how did they run, handle, etc. today vs yesterday. Let us not forget the grandfathers of our sport.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Ida_Mann

I used to get around 40-50mpg on my 400ex before ATP got to it ;-)

my old Suzuki LT230 used to run almost all weekend out in ONF on a tankfull,,,,,,probably 100+ miles on 2 gallons.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

caospop

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM
I used to get around 40-50mpg on my 400ex before ATP got to it ;-)

my old Suzuki LT230 used to run almost all weekend out in ONF on a tankfull,,,,,,probably 100+ miles on 2 gallons.

Id@

Yes but over miles not MPG. has anyone seen an atv with 50,000 miles rided on it ?????
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Ida_Mann

Quote from: caospop on July 12, 2007, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM
I used to get around 40-50mpg on my 400ex before ATP got to it ;-)

my old Suzuki LT230 used to run almost all weekend out in ONF on a tankfull,,,,,,probably 100+ miles on 2 gallons.

Id@

Yes but over miles not MPG. has anyone seen an atv with 50,000 miles rided on it ?????

ohhhhh

dunno, but I went through two sets of tires on my LT230 just riding on sand in ONF if that says anything.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

caospop

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 12, 2007, 02:29:19 PM
Quote from: caospop on July 12, 2007, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM
I used to get around 40-50mpg on my 400ex before ATP got to it ;-)

my old Suzuki LT230 used to run almost all weekend out in ONF on a tankfull,,,,,,probably 100+ miles on 2 gallons.

Id@

Yes but over miles not MPG. has anyone seen an atv with 50,000 miles rided on it ?????

ohhhhh

dunno, but I went through two sets of tires on my LT230 just riding on sand in ONF if that says anything.

Id@
  :D :DI gotta love ya bro
2007 Polaris Sportsman

eldiablo64

Yes but over miles not MPG. has anyone seen an atv with 50,000 miles rided on it ??

RIDED ? LMAO NOW THAT THERES FUNNY LMAO   J/K
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

crom A zone

i am coming close to 1500 on my 2005 eiger bet the hell out of it and bike runs perfect but needs new fenders and racks but i love my bike
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

cheropride

I have no idea how many miles it had on it, but I had a 1985 Kawasaki 185, the first the actually came out ATV (4 vs 3).  It wasn't 4WD drive, but that bike was a blast.  It still ran when I gave it to my neighbor, when I got my Prairie, in Dec of 06.  The kid never rides it, and it's just sitting there, heck I just put brand new tires on it too.  Told my husband I want it back, at least it still ran....lol
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

rubicon500kid

i had about 5000 (gestamated miles) on my 05 rancher, like 1350 on my rubicon and i doono the rest

now my friend has about 6000 miles or more on his rancher
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

randyz

I"ve got 900 miles on my 05 Eiger.  Still runs and rides like new.  Knock on wood :)

Cory1020

9800 05 24x rancher
1400 05 rincon
2300 rubicon

heard of 25k on a 450 foreman and 50k on a rubicon, it was some oil field guy, rode it every day around the fields. Went through a few trannys and rebuilds. but 50k? Finally parked it.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

caospop

thats what im talking about guys... ::) ;D ;D
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Southern4x4

97 300 fourtrax 4x4 I've had since new= ALOT.....
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Bounty1

2000 yamaha Grizzly and 1999 timberwolf over 6k miles each

Cory1020

Quote from: caospop on July 13, 2007, 03:40:17 AM
thats what im talking about guys... ::) ;D ;D
what you dont believe me? The first 3 I personally owned.. The 450 was a for sale ad I found and everyone was asking him and he said it was 25k, not a typeo The oil field guy.. somebody was saying their mechanic worked with the guy that drove 50k (Supposedly). The last one I might be a little questionable about it.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

caospop

Quote from: Cory1020 on July 13, 2007, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: caospop on July 13, 2007, 03:40:17 AM
thats what im talking about guys... ::) ;D ;D
what you dont believe me? The first 3 I personally owned.. The 450 was a for sale ad I found and everyone was asking him and he said it was 25k, not a typeo The oil field guy.. somebody was saying their mechanic worked with the guy that drove 50k (Supposedly). The last one I might be a little questionable about it.

Are you kidding that why I started the thread !!! I wanted to see hwat was the hightest amounts of miles an atv could get under its belt before the engine had to be opened up. You gave me exactly what i was looking for.
2007 Polaris Sportsman

Cory1020

oh ok... I feel like a dumbazz. Yeah I dont know how far it went without the first motor rebuild.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon