SSQSA at Lakeland

Started by TBR, July 01, 2007, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBR

We had a great time at Lakeland. The rain held out until the last race. We need some more quad racers to show up at these Quad Only Races. Congradulations to all the winners today. Thanks to Floridaatv.com for their support on the 4 holeshot awards.
I have to say great job to my grandson Quinton for his first race. This is why I will continue to support this series all I can so these young people will have a chance of feeling that thrill of racing.

koh0001

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

LostCause

We had a great time today.
Thanks again for the Hole Shot awards from http://floridaatvassociation.com/

There are so many different websites that are so close it is hard to keep them all straight.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

RTR_380/450R

Need some more people. I know that its hot!!  Trust me I know!  I almost fell out literally yesterday. Combo of extreme heat and pain pills!  But the series needs us bad.  The riders are getting alot better and the tracks more quad friendly.  Its bullcrap that sooooo many people talk about it and dont do crap about supporting it.  Sorry, if it seems like im yelling but, when you see so much effort put into events to help the sport but so little in return its very discouraging.  I can only imagine what its like to be the one putting all this together and going to the tracks to get them to let us race there only to have people TALK about it and not actually support it.  I know that not everybody can make it every time. But the turnout this weekend left alot to be desired.  Next one should be better, I hope.  I need a few more people to beat me to remind exactly how bad I suck.  Them B riders are getting faster and hanging on longer!!

jt
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

RTN

Definately agree on needed support. Quick Track steped up to the plate this season and provided 2 good events for these kids (and you old dogs). The track, gates and attempt to keep the dust down was great. I'll only complain about the port-o-lets  :S (which will never get an A+ anyways....anywhere !).

Conrats to ALL the riders. ALL of them are winners !!

quadsonly4

It was a mistake to schedule the races over the national dates.  I understand that not everyone goes to the nationals but most of the fastest racers in Florida do.  Look at the riders that were there last year and the ones that are not this year.  They are all running the nationals.  There would be alot more racers and spectators if the series was during the same time last year.  It is hard for us to race even if a race doesn't overlap a national.  We can't risk the bikes or an injury to our riders.  Alex is #1 in both national series and Zack is #3 and will hopefully end up 2nd.  I tell as many people as I can about the series and I hope it has help some.  Good luck to everyone.

trx#9

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on July 02, 2007, 01:28:24 PM
Need some more people. I know that its hot!!  Trust me I know!  I almost fell out literally yesterday. Combo of extreme heat and pain pills!  But the series needs us bad.  The riders are getting alot better and the tracks more quad friendly.  Its bullcrap that sooooo many people talk about it and dont do crap about supporting it.  Sorry, if it seems like im yelling but, when you see so much effort put into events to help the sport but so little in return its very discouraging.  I can only imagine what its like to be the one putting all this together and going to the tracks to get them to let us race there only to have people TALK about it and not actually support it.  I know that not everybody can make it every time. But the turnout this weekend left alot to be desired.  Next one should be better, I hope.  I need a few more people to beat me to remind exactly how bad I suck.  Them B riders are getting faster and hanging on longer!!

jt
I'm cleared to race the next one. Thanks to Jt's gynecologist clearing me to race again. :S
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

RTR_380/450R

Quote from: trx#9 on July 02, 2007, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on July 02, 2007, 01:28:24 PM
Need some more people. I know that its hot!!  Trust me I know!  I almost fell out literally yesterday. Combo of extreme heat and pain pills!  But the series needs us bad.  The riders are getting alot better and the tracks more quad friendly.  Its bullcrap that sooooo many people talk about it and dont do crap about supporting it.  Sorry, if it seems like im yelling but, when you see so much effort put into events to help the sport but so little in return its very discouraging.  I can only imagine what its like to be the one putting all this together and going to the tracks to get them to let us race there only to have people TALK about it and not actually support it.  I know that not everybody can make it every time. But the turnout this weekend left alot to be desired.  Next one should be better, I hope.  I need a few more people to beat me to remind exactly how bad I suck.  Them B riders are getting faster and hanging on longer!!

jt
I'm cleared to race the next one. Thanks to Jt's gynecologist clearing me to race again. :S


Smartazz!  I miss ya out there! Glad to see your not retiring!  And BTW, Did the gynocologist make you tuck it back or leave it out!? :D
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

TBR

Quote from: quadsonly4 on July 02, 2007, 06:27:13 PM
It was a mistake to schedule the races over the national dates.  I understand that not everyone goes to the nationals but most of the fastest racers in Florida do.  Look at the riders that were there last year and the ones that are not this year.  They are all running the nationals.  There would be alot more racers and spectators if the series was during the same time last year.  It is hard for us to race even if a race doesn't overlap a national.  We can't risk the bikes or an injury to our riders.  Alex is #1 in both national series and Zack is #3 and will hopefully end up 2nd.  I tell as many people as I can about the series and I hope it has help some.  Good luck to everyone.
Jason I think everyone understands about the fastest riders going to the nationals. There are probably about 12-16 riders from FL going to the nationals. I am wondering where all the B, C, Stock, Plus 25, Plus 30, Youth, and Pee Wee riders are. Somehow I think we are not getting the message out to all the quad riders out there. Some tracks in FL could care less if a quad shows up. Why? It is simply that there is no organized effort in the quad community to band together. Why isn't there 2 or 3 hundred quads showing up at the Quad Only Races? Is there a lack of interest in racing or is it a matter of dollars or price of fuel? Would shorter series spark more interest?
We are always proud of FL boys and girls that go the nationals and are not asking that they miss the opportunity to do that. I just think there should be more local interest and there has to be a way to draw quad riders to the FL tracks. We are all spending alot of money for 5 dollar trophies but I know my family doesn't race for the trophies. They race because they love the sport.
Dale

racingbroke

We had a great time as well.  We're very greatful to Lakeland to support our series.  For those of us not running nationals this year it gives us a great outlet to still race more than one track. 

There are so many riders that have only raced at one track during the quad series - can anyone comment as to why?  I'd just like to understand what we can do to make this series stick.  Without the support of the riders, we wont ever be able to attract other larger tracks like reddick and seminole to hold an event for us.  It's up to us to make this series fly....
Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team

miniquad8

riders racing only one or chosen events????????????i can't comment for everyone but with new construction at a stand still,gas prices,and over all price to  field a competitive race quad has us staying close to home this season....i'd love to see fl eventually have a series as large as the neatv series.then we would have national level competition without all the 20 hr rides..from what i'm hearing some people dont want to spend the money to race against one or two quads...its a catch 22 scenario if everyone keeps this attitude it will always be only one or two...if we can have 6 mini shifters there is no reason the other gates shouldnt be full....see you guys at hardrock.....................
cam covil#8
04 dade city unlimited mini quad 2nd place
05 dade city unlimited mini quad 1st place
05 gnc mx 70 production 3rd place
06 gnc mx 70 shifter national champion(round 3,5,6,7,8,9,11 winner)
06 dade city quad youth 1st place
06 gncc round 1,4 winner

trx#9

Quote from: RTR_380/450R on July 02, 2007, 11:05:41 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on July 02, 2007, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on July 02, 2007, 01:28:24 PM
Need some more people. I know that its hot!!  Trust me I know!  I almost fell out literally yesterday. Combo of extreme heat and pain pills!  But the series needs us bad.  The riders are getting alot better and the tracks more quad friendly.  Its bullcrap that sooooo many people talk about it and dont do crap about supporting it.  Sorry, if it seems like im yelling but, when you see so much effort put into events to help the sport but so little in return its very discouraging.  I can only imagine what its like to be the one putting all this together and going to the tracks to get them to let us race there only to have people TALK about it and not actually support it.  I know that not everybody can make it every time. But the turnout this weekend left alot to be desired.  Next one should be better, I hope.  I need a few more people to beat me to remind exactly how bad I suck.  Them B riders are getting faster and hanging on longer!!

jt
I'm cleared to race the next one. Thanks to Jt's gynecologist clearing me to race again. :S


Smartazz!  I miss ya out there! Glad to see your not retiring!  And BTW, Did the gynocologist make you tuck it back or leave it out!? :D
I'm a tucker! :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

ltr Georgia

well maybe i am an exception to the rule. but i drive from savannah ga every race. people say why, when you have races in ga. because if the guy and gals i race with. and  i make it a point to supprt ssqsa. not to mention. its lots of fun. so see you at the next race.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com