oil leak question

Started by koh0001, July 02, 2007, 08:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koh0001

I have oil leaking from around the top of  my Clutch shaft...what do I have to do to get that shaft out?? Remove the clutch cover??

The motor is a 04 CRF 450r. Any help would be great. I know I need a oil seal, But just need to know what other gasket I need.
   
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

TRX450R_Racer

I'm pretty sure you can just unhook the clutch cable. Then turn it and pull it out. Change the seal and reinstall it. I'm not 100% sure though.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

koh0001

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

UncleRico

No! Wait, don't do that!

First you're gonna wanna... BRB..someone's at my door.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Dustin_89

remove the clutch cover. if you just unhook the cable and pull it out the little spring will fall into your motor. but just remove it and then put it al back together with new gaskets and seals

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com