Steering Stabilizer, is it worth it?

Started by FoxHondaRider, June 30, 2007, 01:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxHondaRider

OK from what I hear steering stabilizers are amazing and once you get one you wont ever want to go without it.  Is this true?  From what I hear hitting little stumps or bumps won't jerk your handle bars with a steering stabilizer.  Whoever has one or has ridden a ATV with one please let me know you opinion on them. Thanks.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

FoxHondaRider

Alright cool so its deffinatley worth getting.  My next question would be what brand would be best and lower cost.  Elka & Precision Racing are the 2 brands that I know of.  They are over $400.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

quadracer1992

Id say Precision from what I have heard is the best by far. Trx450Racer has one and loves it from what I hear.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

FoxHondaRider

I ride at Croom a lot do you think its worth it?  Or only if I were to do MX racing?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

quadracer1992

I have a pep steering stabalizer, I think it was like 60 bucks and it has helped alot. My dad has one like that too but he says the precision is much better. For now you should just get the, I guess its kinda like a stick looking thing, or if you have the money the precision is the way to go.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

FoxHondaRider

#6
I found a Denton Racing for $179.  Thats more of my range in price.  Not sure how good it is. http://store.albaaction.com/shop/D2050-400EX.html
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Inyourdraft2000

You definately need to ride a quad w/ it, words wont describe the feel and plus you can decide if thats what your looking for,,,,I would like to tell you buy it and you will love it but I don't know how aggressive a rider you are.....See if you can ride someones who has it and feel it for yourself....
They are nice to have......
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>

TRX450R_Racer

Any stick style one will be an amazing difference. You don't need a $500 one. you will be happy with whatever you get.

quadracer1992 yours was more like $150 not $60.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

FoxHondaRider

Good to hear that its an great thing to have.  Well aggressiveness I do about 60MPH over the whoops on some trails and I try to ride faster than 450's.  So I guess I'm somewhat aggressive?
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

i have this one on my bike. scroll down on the page you will see it. for the price and style you cant beat it! http://www.triumphmotorsports.com/
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

quadracer1992

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on June 30, 2007, 02:14:06 PM
Any stick style one will be an amazing difference. You don't need a $500 one. you will be happy with whatever you get.

quadracer1992 yours was more like $150 not $60.
Oh, well I dont know whatever. But it works.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

FoxHondaRider

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK the one you have looks like its a really good quality for a good price under $200. :)
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 30, 2007, 02:45:01 PM
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK the one you have looks like its a really good quality for a good price under $200. :)

it works great too. also there is no binding where the stabilizer connects to the steering stem mount.
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

For the money, Dentons are great stabilizers.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

UncleRico

I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".

well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

snowmanzz13

banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

UncleRico

Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on June 30, 2007, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".

well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K


OH SNAP!


BURN!
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

quadracer1992

Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on June 30, 2007, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on June 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
I was going to get a stabilizer for my girlfriends quad for her birthday, but she was like..."Nah, the rest of the girls will laugh at me and think I'm a wuss".

well if my girlfriend was 6'4" 260 she wouldnt need one either! lol J/K


OH SNAP!


BURN!
BIG BURN.
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

450r91

http://www.werproducts.net/quad.php
Cake to rebuild and easy adjustments not as much as the precision and elka but just as good and I have loved it since!

klutchbuster400

There worth it. You probably wont notice the difference when you put it on, but you will feel the difference the next day. My stabilizer popped off a few days ago on the track. The steering was much looser and harder to control.

FoxHondaRider

So to me its a great investment.  I don't care to spend over $200 for a steering stabilizer.  Also mounting them.  They will work fine and just bold on using the stock steering stem right?  Theres no holes I have to drill or brackets I have to weld I assume.  Its just a bolt on thing.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

anarion55

I have a Scotts/Ohlins on my street bike (ZX-9r) and it is WELL worth the $$$ I paid. Keep in mind, on a street bike, you're not constantly hitting roots, stumps & whoops... so imagine how mush improvement you'll see on a quad.

I'm planning on getting the precision unit as soon as I can convince the g/f that it's not just another "fluff" accessory.

Tony
Shut up and hang on.

Tony

Kawasaki KFX400, ZX-9r

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com