To iPHONE or NOT to iPHONE?

Started by IXIswamperIXI, June 29, 2007, 01:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I consider myself a gadget junky but I have heard a lot of bad things about these phones just wondering what you guys have heard.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

qt314nfla

I heard they were expensive as hell.  I'll wait till the price comes down on them.  They look cool as shiz though.

IXIswamperIXI

$400 and $600 versions, I have an universal remote at home I paid a lot for and it has a touch screen which at first I thought was cool but at night I have found myself not likeing it because I "feel" for the buttons without looking at them, just something to think about.  I think you will always have to look at the phone and not be able to "feel" buttons.  What do yall think?
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Young Gun

#3
No Flash, no java, only safari web based 3rd party apps.  Are you kidding?
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/wha...ave-272571.php

I love how apple is so deceiving. I mean, they show youtube playing on the iPhone in the commercials, and youtube is flash based, right?

WELL GUESS WHAT!! NO FEAKIN FLASH! So, you look at the commercial, and you're like, sweet, iPhone owns. Then, you get it, and you're like, wow... this is stupid, and so is apple.

On another note, who the hell expects this to replace their ipod or anything? There's a 4GB model and an 8GB model. I mean, what the heck? Are you people planning on replacing your iPod nanos with 600 dollar iPhones?

The whole MP3 player/phone thing is extremely stupid. When you have your iPhone you'll realize what a failure of an idea it is. Like, lets say you're laying in bed, and you can't sleep. Normally, you'd be charging your phone at night. Well, you want to listen to your tunes. So, you load up your iPhone. OH CRAP ITS ON THE CHARGER.

It's little stupid crap like that that's going to make the iPhone stupid as hell.

I mean, for 500 dollars, you can get an Archos 704 with wifi (it can access network shares), 80GB HD, touchscreen, video playback, a browser (no flash or java, so its the same deal as iPhone, but it's Opera and not bug ridden insecure Safari (lol @ Safari on windows). And the archos 704 has TV out and it can record video.

I mean, it's a damn cellphone.  I'm really contemplating getting an archos 604, 605, 704, or 705. I mean, come on, archos has a PMP with a 160GB HD.  Thats extreeeeeemmmeeeee.

It plays video too! Bite me iPhone and Apple in general!

605 and 705 series archos supports flash out of the box. When you people are on your iPhones with 4GB of flash memory, and I'm rolling on my archos with flash, an 800x480 touchscreen with an 80GB HD. Oh yeah, all this is going to cost about 300 dollars.

www.archos.com

[/APPLE RANT] >:(
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: REBEL on June 29, 2007, 02:37:56 PM

No Flash, no java, only safari web based 3rd party apps.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/wha...ave-272571.php

I love how apple is so deceiving. I mean, they show youtube playing on the iPhone in the commercials, and youtube is flash based, right?

WELL GUESS WHAT!! NO FEAKIN FLASH! So, you look at the commercial, and you're like, sweet, iPhone owns. Then, you get it, and you're like, wow... this is stupid, and so is apple.

On another note, who the hell expects this to replace their ipod or anything? There's a 4GB model and an 8GB model. I mean, what the heck? Are you people planning on replacing your iPod nanos with 600 dollar iPhones?

The whole MP3 player/phone thing is extremely stupid. When you have your iPhone you'll realize what a failure of an idea it is. Like, lets say you're laying in bed, and you can't sleep. Normally, you'd be charging your phone at night. Well, you want to listen to your tunes. So, you load up your iPhone. OH CRAP ITS ON THE CHARGER.

It's little stupid crap like that that's going to make the iPhone stupid as hell.

I mean, for 500 dollars, you can get an Archos 704 with wifi (it can access network shares), 80GB HD, touchscreen, video playback, a browser (no flash or java, so its the same deal as iPhone, but it's Opera and not bug ridden insecure Safari (lol @ Safari on windows). And the archos 704 has TV out and it can record video.

I mean, it's a damn cellphone.  I'm really contemplating getting an archos 604, 605, 704, or 705. I mean, come on, archos has a PMP with a 160GB HD.  Thats extreeeeeemmmeeeee.

It plays video too! Bite me iPhone and Apple in general!

605 and 705 series archos supports flash out of the box. When you people are on your iPhones with 4GB of flash memory, and I'm rolling on my archos with flash, an 800x480 touchscreen with an 80GB HD. Oh yeah, all this is going to cost about 300 dollars.

[/APPLE RANT] >:(

LOL I hear yea, the battery is another thing, you can't change it, you have to take it to a shop.  Thats stupid!
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

quadracer1992

I PHONES ARE STUPID, PUT THE MONEY IN TO YOUR QUAD!!!!!!
~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

big-daddy

#7
thats right, the battery is build into the phone. also it runs on the slower edge network and not the g-max network of at&t. The Sprint network Edvo rev A is 20x faster and has a bigger footprint than the g-max system. I think I'll keep my ipod for music and my phone for making calls.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

quadracer1992

~~~FF+J RACING~~~
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R
~~~SPONSORED BY MY DAD ~~~

foreman1

I still have 8 track player in my Chevy , steppin up to a cassette next.
:YingYang.gif :drive.gif

All kindin aside , I dont see what all fuss is about .
I'd rather keep the ipod and at $600 that new phone better do much more.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Turboderf

No I Phone For Me ... Whats an 8 track ???? LOL

Fox17


FoxHondaRider

I am looking to buy the iPhone probally around December or January because my plan will be up.  I think its a good idea considering I can listen to music but also get calls and go on the internet with it.  iPod nano = $150 - 200, PDA type phone about $250 - 300.  As far as I'm concerned why not have them both together.  The iPhone starts at $499 but thats because it just came out.  When the Motorola Razr V3 came out it was $500 now its like $25 with a plan.  I mean I wouldn't buy it right away I would wait a few months or until there is a price drop or something. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

1FasterBlaster

 Something else to ponder. They won't be able to insure these because the technology is so expensive. If you damage it, your looking at another $500. to replace it. Be careful because the screens on the new phones are very fragile.
   I have the new Samsung Slider phone and I want to go back to a regular flip.

FoxHondaRider

Wait on the iPhone they say.  In another 6 months to a year the iPhone will have free GPS and much better technology they said.  They are adding features in about 6 months to a year and there will also be a price drop.  My advice hold off for a year.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

gearhead400

NOT to iphone. You can get all of those features with two different units that are MUCH more reliable than the iphone. it will take up a little more space, but no one has a cell phone like zack morris anymore so its not THAT much space.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

qt314nfla

Quote from: gearhead400 on July 01, 2007, 09:42:27 PM
NOT to iphone. You can get all of those features with two different units that are MUCH more reliable than the iphone. it will take up a little more space, but no one has a cell phone like zack morris anymore so its not THAT much space.

lmao on the saved by the bell reference.

1slowfox

Do yourself a favor an save your money untill they get all the bugs worked out .
I <3 Fiberglass !

Cory1020

they had one on ebay going for a few million I think. Ebay shut it down b/c apperently it was a joke. Id rather keep my $200 ipod and get a $50 phone with a plan.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

IXIswamperIXI

I agree with yall, I wouldn't get on for a while, if ever?
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com