Few questions about 97-03 f-150s.

Started by Cory1020, June 24, 2007, 11:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory1020

How reliable are the f-150s? Looking at a 97 4x4 with the 4.6 v8 and automatic. Are these generally good trucks? The one Im looking at has 230,000 miles but he is asking $3000. The rear end is recent and so are the speakers. Is there anything I should look out for on this particular model truck? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

eldiablo64

even the best speakers in the world won't make it run any better  j/k  I don't know 230,000 is alot of miles.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

dynodon

Quote from: eldiablo64 on June 24, 2007, 01:04:16 PM
even the best speakers in the world won't make it run any better  j/k  I don't know 230,000 is alot of miles.
Thats what I was thinking too !!!230,000 on a gas f150, I dont know about that motor in particular. But if it had the 300 straight 6cyl, I wouldnt worry at all
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

greenmachine

I put a new tranny in mine at 113,000.

crom A zone

defintions of ford.

1. found on redneck drivway
2. full of rust and dents
3.first on race day
4.f**** only runs downhill
5.fix or repair daly
6. f***** over remanufatcerd dodge
7.found on road dead
   
i can go on and on i got my ranger all jacked up and run the u no what out of it in the mud and it still holds on towing  2 bikes to l cross and everywhere else doing 70+ mph   nothing beats a ford
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

sykolincoln

I bought my 97 with 136,000 miles on it and I love it, great gas mileage tows great. Im not a piticular brand truck guy I will buy any make as long as it has been well taken care of. ask to drive it a bit and see if it runs well.
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

Chuck_Norris

Talk Bad about the F150's if you want to, My 1994 F150 pulled my 24FT trailer with  4 Quads all my
Gear decently @ 60-65 mph. I can't complain in the slightest. Until a Super Duty will fit into the budget again this will have to do.

shirah86

should be alright the only thing i hate is the 4.6's

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com