Bypass Rev Limiter '03 Rancher

Started by TRX350_On_The_Rack, March 29, 2005, 01:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Now I noticed that the Foreman and Rincon w/ Speedos can bypass the rev limiter by disconnecting the speedo wire. Makes sense. Now my bike does have a speedo and the limiter works in neutral as well. I assume there has to be a wire that comes from the CDI to the the Ignition Control Module that can be disconnected or modified. Anyone know a way to bypass?
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Truegrit

The Rancher and Foreman do not have overides. Those are usually on auto trannies, i.e. belt drives.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I know that when you hold it to the floor it limits out, either the timing cannot compensate the higher rpms or there is a mixture of things causing it to limit. I'll continue to research if no one else has any other suggestions.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

Truegrit

It should be geared between 1st and 2nd ratios. It "revs out" becuase the motor thinks it should be shifting into another gear. But like I said you only have ONE reverse gear. A continuously variable tranny (CVT or auto) has unlimited gear ratios in forward and reverse, thats why an overide is useful to them. But that is not what you have.

Keep researching and let me know what you come up with, but I think your spinning your wheels and going no where.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

2fast4u

the rev limiter can not be disconnected it is part of the brain (C.D.I.) the only bikes that can bypass that is sport bikes that can buy an altered brain. ther is no more power for you above that rev limiter anyway.
go fast turn left any questions?

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Oh, there is more power!  8)

Thanks for the help. I figured that it was something in the CDI. I know manufactures will put on a limiter to reduce the number of replacement motors under warranty.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

Maybe we can scrap you cdi and bolt on a MSD 6al ignition box, a two step and a retard box for the juice... Would that effect the warranty? ;D
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I was thinking Nitrous, but the limiter would screw it up. Can you say Kaboom!
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

TRX350_On_The_Rack

I was thinking of trying Jet Fuel.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

Are you that disappointed with the view of my tail light?  :o
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

TRX350_On_The_Rack

Yeah, you need to come take it out of my grill!  :D
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

HondaBeaterSFL

Truck
ATV
Fishing pole