favorite song line trivia. what band?????

Started by NYRAPTOR, June 13, 2007, 02:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB



cheropride

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Okay I know that I am going to give this one way, but can't help it....

Progress come and took it's toll
And in the name of flood control
The made their plans and they drained the land,
Now the glades are going dry.
And the last time I walked in the swamp,
I say upon a Cypress stump,
I listened close and I heard the ghost,
of Osceola cry.....

Words still so true to this day.....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP


Southern4x4

Quote from: cheropride on June 15, 2007, 09:58:40 PM
Okay I know that I am going to give this one way, but can't help it....

Progress come and took it's toll
And in the name of flood control
The made their plans and they drained the land,
Now the glades are going dry.
And the last time I walked in the swamp,
I say upon a Cypress stump,
I listened close and I heard the ghost,
of Osceola cry.....

Words still so true to this day.....
john anderson seminol wind

And if the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: cheropride on June 15, 2007, 09:40:50 PM
Easy one....

Whitetail buck deer munchin on clover, redtail hawk settin on a limb....



Alerbamer...Dixieland delight....I do that one at karaoke (I don't know how you spell that freakin word)
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

cheropride

Quote from: Southern4x4 on June 15, 2007, 10:41:26 PM
Quote from: cheropride on June 15, 2007, 09:58:40 PM
Okay I know that I am going to give this one way, but can't help it....

Progress come and took it's toll
And in the name of flood control
The made their plans and they drained the land,
Now the glades are going dry.
And the last time I walked in the swamp,
I say upon a Cypress stump,
I listened close and I heard the ghost,
of Osceola cry.....

Words still so true to this day.....
john anderson seminol wind

And if the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick

Ah man after my own Heart.... Oh Barricuda....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

cheropride

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 15, 2007, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: cheropride on June 15, 2007, 09:40:50 PM
Easy one....

Whitetail buck deer munchin on clover, redtail hawk settin on a limb....



Alerbamer...Dixieland delight....I do that one at karaoke (I don't know how you spell that freakin word)

We need to do a karaoke night that would be kewl.... 

Fuelin up on heartache & cheap wine,
I aint heard from you in three damn days....
.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

qt314nfla

#84
Picture- Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

bartender setting them shots on the bar.  those last two jager bombs hit me hard. my best friend left and took the keys to my car.

cheropride

Quote from: QT314 on June 15, 2007, 11:12:45 PM
Picture- Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

bartender setting them shots on the bar.  those last two jager bombs hit me hard. my best friend left and took the keys to my car.

Oh but (Who is going to take me home) singer??? i dont remember .5 point....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

qt314nfla

I'm impressed.  Didn't know who'd get that one.  Can anyone come up w/ the singer/band?

cheropride

See if I get this right... been awhile....

Down one lane I'd find happiness,
down the other I would lose.
There is no one that I can trust,
I must decide alone,
my decision, is an aweful, which one will lead me home....


Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

NYRAPTOR

umm. don't know. how about,

well i built me a raft
and she's ready for floatin
oh mississippi, she's callin my name.

k.p.


NYRAPTOR

nice! how about some new york hardcore,.....?

25 bucks and a bottle of wine
the pressure's on but i feel fine

cheropride

Nope but here is another hint.... another one of his songs from the same album..... tape whatever you want to call it.

I may look like a city slicker,
shinning up from my shoes,
but underneath I'm just a cotton picker,
pickin out a mess of blues....

Show me where to start,
find a horse and cart,
I just a .........

More hint.....
bluegrass side in a sense...
Hey can really play those strings....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

NYRAPTOR

da mtg man would know. where are you mike. here's an oldie from a band my dad loved. late 60's early 70's

everyday that passes us by
i cant help the feelin that you and i
we wont get to see another day together
looks like bad weather

NYRAPTOR

the hardcore was pro-pain. the next one is.....................

cheropride

I think QT killed my mind w/her last song, all I keep trying to do is frigger out who the heck sings that.... so now my mind has gone to mush.. Yes where is Da-mtg, he could help us out here u think....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Da_Mtg_Man

Yep, It's older country,Ricky Scaggs........Country boy. Haven't heard anything from in about 10 yrs or so.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: QT314 on June 15, 2007, 11:12:45 PM
Picture- Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

bartender setting them shots on the bar.  those last two jager bombs hit me hard. my best friend left and took the keys to my car.

It's QT's theme song......lmao

Chris Young.........Who's gonna take me home
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

cheropride

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 16, 2007, 01:01:59 AM
Yep, It's older country,Ricky Scaggs........Country boy. Haven't heard anything from in about 10 yrs or so.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 16, 2007, 01:14:25 AM
Quote from: QT314 on June 15, 2007, 11:12:45 PM
Picture- Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

bartender setting them shots on the bar.  those last two jager bombs hit me hard. my best friend left and took the keys to my car.

It's QT's theme song......lmao

Chris Young.........Who's gonna take me home

Dang you need to start your own show Da_Mtg and change your name Da_Song_Man....  Yes it was Ricky Scaggs, and the other was Two Highways....  I don't care who you are but Ricky has my vote, very talented.... miss his songs...
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

k.p.

Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear that she couldn't go on
And the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew and then disappeared
The curtains flew and then he appeared


idk if anyone will get that...prolly mtg lol

NYRAPTOR

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on June 16, 2007, 12:53:14 AM
da mtg man would know. where are you mike. here's an oldie from a band my dad loved. late 60's early 70's

everyday that passes us by
i cant help the feelin that you and i
we wont get to see another day together
looks like bad weather

Poco  The forgotten trail  1969 - 1974

ever hear of them mike?