Holey Land Closure - It's Being Rescinded!! IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Started by digginfool, June 08, 2007, 10:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crom A zone

the whole idea seems sweet expet a few things


1.    no drinking?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
2.    helmet????????????????????????????? over sixteen its your choice
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

jrpro130

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

cubanprep24

2006 blue yamaha raptor 350-sold
2008 white suzuki z400
2007 black suzuki king quad 450

crom A zone

if i cant drink i am not sure if i wanna go.  b/c if we dont set the message for people to drink   pick up most trash and leeve a lil, that means the place will be 100% clean and then we wont be able to get a big clean up ride. then we wont be able to have fun. i just wanna ahve fun
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

JackL

Is it open yet? I should have drove by and checked. :(
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

rdm225

Steve Waters is an outdoors writer for the sun sentinel I would be shure he would put this in the paper to help with the clean up

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

crom A zone

ricky and i wheer there today and rode did not see any rangers the leeve had no signs on it
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

JackL

The south entrances on the alley were still posted closed today.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

renmus

Quote from: digginfool on June 08, 2007, 10:18:17 AM
I have been relentlessly pursuing answers from FWC regarding the continued closure of the Holey Lands/Rotenberger WMA.  I called once again this morning and got the same canned answer that the closure remains in effect due to low water levels and drought conditions.  I countered that I had been out to the Holey Lands the previous week and water levels were 5 - 6 inches deep.  Further, from information on the National Weather Service website, observed precipitation in the area of the Holey Lands over the last 7 days is 5 - 8 inches, which represents an amount in excess of 200% of normal.  In addition to that, the precipitation over the last 60 days is 125% of normal.  Clearly, the conditions that initiated the closure no longer remain.  Why is the closure not being rescinded?  The lady I was speaking to then tried to put me through to the biologist in charge, but after being left on hold for several minutes (in which I would imagine she was filling him in with what I had just said), I was told he was not available and I was allowed to leave him a voice mail.  I have yet to get a return call or a response to any emails I have sent so I don't expect one now, either.  In a time where our riding areas continue to shrink amid legislation and promises to provide more areas, this closure was clearly aimed at removing us from these WMAs.  The drought was merely the excuse they required to justify a closure per the rules they implemented in February of this year (hat rule required a specific reason for closure and prohibited the closure to last more than 14 days without executive approval).  I feel that we need to try to bring some legitimacy to our cause.  The forces at work against us have deep pockets and they use that money to hire lobbyists to achieve their goals.  We need to pull together all the groups of Florida that have similar goals as ours, enlist the help of the manufacturers, form a Political Action Committee and actively pursue that which the government promised us.  This is not an easy task and requires a dedicated team as well as money.  Lobbyists do not work for free but they do get results.  The time will come shortly where our association that represents our interests are going to need more than just our voices; they are going to need our contributions.  Please help when they are ready.

As I was typing this, Mike Anderson of FWC actually returned my call and said that the closure is going to be rescinded.  He said that it will take several days for it to go through but it has been approved.  That being said, he acknowledged that the closure was due in no small part to the abuse of those lands; the littering, vandalism, fires and reckless operation of vehicles.  They had to use this opportunity to get matters under control out there.  I would suspect that unless we see a drastic improvement in the behaviour of those utilizing these WMAs, we are going to lose our riding priviledges forever. 

Four days since this post.  Government translation of "a few days"  =  a couple weeks.

digginfool

#35
I just spoke to FWC and the Holeylands open tomorrow (6/13/07) at midnight so you can start planning your rides for Thursday, June 14. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

JackL

Quote from: digginfool on June 12, 2007, 12:01:28 PM
I just spoke to FWC and the Holeylands open tomorrow (6/13/07) at midnight so you can start planning your rides for Thursday, June 14. 

...? See you there at midnight tonight.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

Quote from: JackL on June 13, 2007, 07:28:48 AM
Quote from: digginfool on June 12, 2007, 12:01:28 PM
I just spoke to FWC and the Holeylands open tomorrow (6/13/07) at midnight so you can start planning your rides for Thursday, June 14. 

...? See you there at midnight tonight.
Hardcore as usual. Thanks for not letting us down.

JackL

Quote from: greenmachine on June 13, 2007, 03:45:42 PM
Quote from: JackL on June 13, 2007, 07:28:48 AM
Quote from: digginfool on June 12, 2007, 12:01:28 PM
I just spoke to FWC and the Holeylands open tomorrow (6/13/07) at midnight so you can start planning your rides for Thursday, June 14. 

...? See you there at midnight tonight.
Hardcore as usual. Thanks for not letting us down.


We punked out and went to the bar. It was pouring and it be FLOODED at the Holeylands!!

Went in the morning and shot some pics: http://www.floridaatv.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=46&topic=2105.0

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

rancher4lyfe

LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

JackL

Quote from: rancher4lyfe on June 17, 2007, 05:09:26 PM
i gotta say it was nasty out there!!!


My buddies made it to the first camp. I didn't think that would be happening.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

rancher4lyfe



My buddies made it to the first camp. I didn't think that would be happening.
[/quote]

WELL THAT'S CAUSE THEY FLOATED THROUGH MOST OF IT.... WAIT TILL MOST OF THE WATER GOES AWAY AND IT'S JUST MUUUDDDDDD!!!   >:D   LOL
LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com