ITp 589 and lift

Started by HondaBeaterSFL, March 27, 2005, 08:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaBeaterSFL

I have a 350 Rancher 4x4 and just put 27" itps and a lift kit. problem is if I dumped it, it would pull up and ride a wheelie. now I can barly get it off the ground. I was assuming the bigger tires but a friend has 28" ITP 589's and he has no trouble still. But he has no lift, I notice the lift jacks the rear way up, could this be it. Or do I have heavier tires than him? both of us have steel rims, but again he has 28's and I have 27's. I can try two things In guess, one is to put the stock rims and tires back on and leave the lift kit intact. Second option is remove the rear lift block and eliminate the higher back end. Anyone havre experience with this or know some that did? Thank for your help. I am happy other wise 'cause they tear up the mud  ;D
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

Kawa3

does he have it on the same quad?

also look into a clutch kit
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

HondaBeaterSFL

Same exact bike. 2003 rancher 4x4. just stranger. might try aluminum rims'
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

FORDFANZ

Id  say  its  the  Lift
I NEED MUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HondaBeaterSFL

My thinking too, the back seems higher than the front, therefor the bike now has a slight jacked up in the rear look. Which means, more power to lift at that angle. Thanks for the response. Other comments and advice welcome... :)

PS- Happy Easter all
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

meathead1

#5
any time u add alift and bigger tires u will loose preformance to regain some lost power start in this order K&N filter 2 clutch kit 3 snorkle with jet kit (when u snorkle u open up the intake causing the motor to run lean) last a preformance pipe with spark arrester the first 3 items r cheap will really improve preformance and r easy to do. no 2 bikes r the same
ARCTIC 650
450 FOREMAN
500 quad runner