Wheel Spacers

Started by CamoPrairie, March 26, 2005, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CamoPrairie

I'm thinking about getting some wheel spacers on my Prairie 360. It seems like a good idea to widen the stance for handling but is there a downside to them? In time will they cause more wear on anything? Thanks - Scott

Truegrit

Wheel bearings do not like them, tougher to steer and fit on tight trails. Do not get the graphite or composite ones, they crack. Stick to the aluminum ones.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

4xPlay

I have billet aluminum spacers on the front of my bike,biggest drawback is fitting down narrow trails........but then again if it's not a place that you need to "tread lightly",then I just make my own trails........dont get me wrong,not encouraging you ro run over tree's!
'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas

reloader50bmg

I have 1.50" spacers on the rear only of my praire 650
with 27" mudlights & c5 rims, works great, no ware problums
just watch how much load you have!!!! don,t put them on the front end! bad for front end bearings & tie rods [smiley=abduct2.gif] ;D ;)
03. praire with a butt load of mods!!!

HondaBeaterSFL

Are they better for mudding? where can you get them?
Truck
ATV
Fishing pole

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]