No More Cheeap Gas in Georgia

Started by Chuck_Norris, May 29, 2007, 09:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_Norris

Many of us used to roll up to Georgia to take advantage of  cheaper fuel. That is no longer the case. As of this past week(just in time for the holiday weekend) The State of Georgia reinstituted that Road taxes on the Fuel. Fuel prices varied from $3.00 for regular to $3.50 for premium.

Da_Mtg_Man

You aint kidding there brother. I just came through there on my way to Tn. Ga and Nc gas was more than Fl's.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

10-4 To that. We were racing just across the boarder in GA and gas was more up there. I was glad I filled up in FL. There is no such thing as cheap gas any more. :'(
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

TxsRanger99

I got gas in Macon,Ga on saturday @ sams's for $2.89 for regular... but everywhere else was about the same as fl $3.09

Smoknbanshee

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

tat2mike

i heard that by fathers day regular would be up to 3.30 in florida
Formally tecatemike

Chuck_Norris

At what point do we as consumers have to say enough is enough. >:(  Gas company's no longer treat as as customers but as addicts to a drug knowing that we can not go without. I am not talking about a 1 day gas out either

JackL

Quote from: tat2mike on May 29, 2007, 02:14:37 PM
i heard that by fathers day regular would be up to 3.30 in florida

Holding at $3.35 here in my town for a week now. :(
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Smoknbanshee

I seriously think it is more the government than the gas companies.  I think the government is literally trying to controll the amount of fuel consumed per day/month.  It seems everytime the travel industry is fixing to pick up the gas prices go up.  Another thing is might be trying to make it more economical to fly, to keep the airline industries in business.  The government and the gas companies are straight taking the profits of it too.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

AintSkeered

I got an idea! Let's elect a Republican president who's family made their fortune in oil. Mission Accomplished. LOL :)
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

JackL

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on May 29, 2007, 04:49:31 PM
I seriously think it is more the government than the gas companies.  I think the government is literally trying to controll the amount of fuel consumed per day/month.  It seems everytime the travel industry is fixing to pick up the gas prices go up.  Another thing is might be trying to make it more economical to fly, to keep the airline industries in business.  The government and the gas companies are straight taking the profits of it too.

I don't know it is like they are testing the upper price limit to me. Until people seriously stop doing things and they see a drop in consumption, it will continue to rise. I hope I am wrong, it is really starting to put a hurt on everything and most everyone I know.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

GENERAL-Z

i went to north carolina and gas was $2.95 and desiel was $2.53
2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy

Smoknbanshee

Quote from: AintSkeered on May 29, 2007, 05:06:40 PM
I got an idea! Let's elect a Republican president who's family made their fortune in oil. Mission Accomplished. LOL :)

this is exactly what ruins a very good topic.  I want to respond, but I will refrain, because it will turn into a political debate and I will rely on my friend Anoriginal to come over here and lay the smacketh down.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

JackL

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on May 29, 2007, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: AintSkeered on May 29, 2007, 05:06:40 PM
I got an idea! Let's elect a Republican president who's family made their fortune in oil. Mission Accomplished. LOL :)

this is exactly what ruins a very good topic.  I want to respond, but I will refrain, because it will turn into a political debate and I will rely on my friend Anoriginal to come over here and lay the smacketh down.

Don't worry, Hillary will fix everything in 2008.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com