Just added the 07 YFZ oil upgrade!

Started by Ride1Rob, May 25, 2007, 08:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride1Rob

Just in case anyone has been thinking about getting this done, it's definitely worth it. I sent my outter right side case off last week to get the 07 oil upgrade and got it back Tuesday. Only 8 days for turnaround time. They modified my case to use the 07 oil squirter and also sent me the 07 oil pump that pumps more oil due to the added squirter. You can't beat the price of $199 considering when you purchase the kit from Yamaha it's over $400. Here's a link to their site... 
http://www.jtatv.com/yfz450-oil-upgrade-kit.htm


Here are a couple of pics...


The 07 oilpump is marked E-2 and the 04-06's are marked E-1.


If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

dreth

good job Rob, i hear allot of people have problems with the oil pumps in the yamahas.

Ride1Rob

You already know what convinced me Dreth, but many others don't. I'm trying to let them know about the upgrade at a VERY reasonable price. In terms of the life of your motor, this is the best money that you can buy. I've never had problems with my bike but I wasn't going to take ANY chances. These pics are from a friend of mines bike after ONLY 3 HOURS on the motor. Due to lack of oil on his wristpen and rod, THEY BOTH SNAPPED! His wristpen seized to his rod and the only way I could get it to rotate once I tore the motor down was with a pair of pliers. I shipped my parts off to have this mod done a couple weeks later  ;)  .


Crack in engine case from the rod being a weapon against itself...


Indentions were valves slapped the piston when rod and pen snapped...


2 Cracks in brand new cylinder...


Piston and inside of cylinder...


Rod and wrist pen snapped/ piece of nicasil broken by piston...


If you look close enough, you can see the rod through the crack where it made contact on case causing it to crack...




If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

YFZ450-Tampa

Wow, those cracks look ugly, how much is the new oil pump and what else needs to be done to get it upgraded Rob ?

Luis C
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

mudnuri

Man that is terrible. I hope that doesn't happen to my 06 or I'll be  :'(
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

YFZ450-Tampa

Brian if that happen to me I'll buy a DS450, what do you think?
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Ride1Rob

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on May 26, 2007, 06:11:48 PM
Wow, those cracks look ugly, how much is the new oil pump and what else needs to be done to get it upgraded Rob ?

Luis C

Luis, the new oil pump is $98. All they need for you to send them is the outter right side crank case cover and clutch cover. They'll modify the case cover to the 07 setup and send it back to you along with the 07 oil pump and a new gasket. There's a link under my original post that'll give you directions on what all needs to be done. As you can see, the clutch basket components need to be removed to get the crankcase cover off.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

T2

Just got my Oil Mode Upgrade done today, so hopefullly I dont run across any problems now with my motor, Todd does super fast shipping, and a real nice guy to talk to and ask tech question about the YFZ.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

blackcloud999


01ZX12R

The smartest investment you can do to your YFZ. Hands down.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com