I have to ask

Started by jpease, May 17, 2007, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpease

In the sales section I have seen atv's for sale that look like it belongs on the show room.  Even though they are a few years old.  What are your cleaning techniques and or products used?  I am amazed.  The engines, the hoses, plastics look brand spanking new.  Like it has never seen mud.

How in the world can you keep it that clean????

ScooterB

Quote from: jpease on May 17, 2007, 08:55:30 PM
In the sales section I have seen atv's for sale that look like it belongs on the show room.  Even though they are a few years old.  What are your cleaning techniques and or products used?  I am amazed.  The engines, the hoses, plastics look brand spanking new.  Like it has never seen mud.

How in the world can you keep it that clean????

Greased Lighting work good too
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

MPTonyT

The Motocross Maverick Schooled me on SIMPLE GREEM MAX.... i clean my bike with it after every ride its easy too... no scrubbing required.....

1. use hose to get off big clumps of dirt
2. spray down bike with SIMPLE GREEM MAX
3. use hose to rinse off and watch it gleam....
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

NYRAPTOR

i use pledge furniture wax on the plastics. they shine up nice and smell good too! ;D

53yfz450

go to sams club or local auto parts store and get some spray on silicone
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

CABLEGUY1

I replace the plastics after every ride.

CABLEGUY1

Just kidding. I too use grease lightning but as funny as it sounds I have found that liquid laundry detergent works great.

Ida_Mann

WD-40 after it's clean,,,,,I spray everything even the plastics,,,,then I take a short ride around the block to burn off the stuff from the exhaust pipe,,,,,,no real reason except I like seeing the looks on the nieghbor's faces when I lay down a smoke trail on the street.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

mud.junkie

oh no really when you buy your bike take a bunch of pics cause somewhere's down the road you will sell it and have great pics to post!!.

No Really i use T-9 all over the bikes after riding little better than wd 40 also more costly

dreth

most of them have never seen mud ;)

AintSkeered

And, pics always look better cause you can't see the scratches/stains.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

DVEGA07

I use ZEP 4358 to clean her and CRC 6-56 marine lube to shine her up really good...... ;)

jpease

so the trick to cleaning is to use an agent that will repel dirt in the first place.  Kewl, I am going to give that a shot.

When you clean your atv's do you clean it with the engine on or off, warm or cold?  My kids e-ton seems to be sensitive to water I usually leave the engine on and it seems to work better.

Also, do you guys use a pressure cleaner?

Ida_Mann

do not use a pressure cleaner unless your'e careful where you spray and not hurting any components,,,,,I always wash with them cold.

dunno if it would make a difference other than the cleaner drying very quickly before it had a chance to soak in to the dirt if it were warm.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SWAMP_DONKEY

Dont ride them...they are for looks only ;)

JackL

Quote from: Dreth on May 18, 2007, 10:53:54 AM
most of them have never seen mud ;)


:)

You got that right.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

greenmachine

2nd the wd40 wipedown. It will evaporate in no time & leave a nice shine.

Gato

clean it one time really good and then before your next run spray it thick except the exhuast with pam cooking oil you will see how easy everything comes off when you clean it after the ride .
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

gtnwood

Jus a lil side note, Pam work's for love bug's as well, jus dont go too crazy with it or you'll git a windshield full
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

budman

I use rain. no scrubbing needed, just sit back and crack a few coldies. except that it has been a while since it was clean.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)