WATS THE BEST MUD CLEANING PRODUCT

Started by miassmaro98, May 04, 2007, 06:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miassmaro98

hey guys my wolverine is white and has alot of mud marks that i cant remove with several degreasers and even two atv wash products.so wat has work for your atv's?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

Chuck_Norris

Through the venture with my toy hauler project I have used several different things to achieve the goal Simple Green and 3m adhesive remover mostly. I have to tell you about a product I found this weekend that was absolutely amazing. IT is called Motsenbocker's Lift Off  http://liftoffinc.com/products.htm
I went looking for more 3M adhesive remover and Home Depot no longers carries it or didn't have it at the time. So I gave this stuff a shot and I have been very impressed. It is no where asagressive as the 3M and worked very well at removing adhesive and grease.

dynodon

Thanks for sharing that!!! I`ll check that out next time I am there  ;)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

LTR450 994

simple green is what i use and no stains on my white 450

backinsaddle

Quote from: Chuck_Norris on May 10, 2007, 09:38:09 PM
Through the venture with my toy hauler project I have used several different things to achieve the goal Simple Green and 3m adhesive remover mostly. I have to tell you about a product I found this weekend that was absolutely amazing. IT is called Motsenbocker's Lift Off  http://liftoffinc.com/products.htm
I went looking for more 3M adhesive remover and Home Depot no longers carries it or didn't have it at the time. So I gave this stuff a shot and I have been very impressed. It is no where asagressive as the 3M and worked very well at removing adhesive and grease.


did you try goof-off to remove the adhesive?

also, i recently sampled both liquid performance and xtreamclean products.  i'll do a review in the next few days...interesting stuff

MimsMudder

I read in Dirt wheels mag that the Mudzilla team sprays their plastics with Pam before they get dirty, and it just hoses right off, I don't think that was what you were looking for but it could help in the future.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Mims is right pam works wonders before but Purple Stuff is AWESOME!!! 10 times better than simple bree we use purple stuff @ the shop for detailing and it works wonders.

ucfneed2ride

You may also want to try Long Haul truck degreaser. I get it from NAPA autoparts. It works great!

I used to use Purple Stuff as well. Its a little cheaper than Long Haul and works well too.
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

blindkaeta

Suzuki Wash for bikes, not the atv wash.  It works wonders.

CountryBoy

Quote from: blindkaeta on July 23, 2007, 03:32:12 PM
Suzuki Wash for bikes, not the atv wash.  It works wonders.

Hes wright. Very good stuff, just costs alot. But i also use simple green and that seems to work good for me. :)
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

06 BaNsHeE

What I do now:

Hose my bike down
Spray the crap out of it with simple green
Hose it down
Spray it again with simple green
Then hose down again
Then spray wd-40 and scrub it
Then hose down
Then spray wd-40 all over the engine so it shines.

Looks new but it takes me about 1-1 1/2 to clean it all

snowmanzz13

well, to clean mud off i use water lol, i use a degreaser (not sure of which one at the moment) and a pressure washer, then when it's alll godd an dry i hit it with a good coat of wd40, supposedly lets mud "slip off" helps a little from what i've noticed, most mud comes off fairly quick with a hit of water
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

caospop

do you just douse m  9sp 0 the thing in wd-40 and leave it or wash it off after you spray it. does the wd-40 come off with just water :dunno.gif :dunno.gif
2007 Polaris Sportsman

1slowfox

formula 88 from dicount/advanced auto parts store.

It works wonders AND it WILL NOT tarnish aluminum parts.
I <3 Fiberglass !

fastrnrik

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on July 15, 2007, 09:47:28 AM
Mims is right pam works wonders before but Purple Stuff is AWESOME!!! 10 times better than simple bree we use purple stuff @ the shop for detailing and it works wonders.

Purple stuff will streak aluminum.

MPTonyT

SIMPLE GREEN MAX (the biodegradable stuff in the black bottle)  :bow.gif its the heat!!!!
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

MudPuppy

My dad and I use Purple Power the stuff is amazing.
Just spray it on, let soak for 2 minutes then rinse it off with the hose.
2002 Polaris Sportsman 400 4x4

98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

KB

I use Grease Lightning in a lawn sprayer(it will dull aluminum) scrub & spray off, start engine to let it burn/dry off water,let cool, spray entire bike including plastics except brake pads & discs, w /seat off & plastic over grips with WD-40 or Silicone Spray.

Caos, the WD or Silicone justs leaves a thin film on everything & makes washing the next time easier & the bike looking new.

Sixpack

On white plastics I found that SNO-BOWL toilet cleaner works outstanding. Put it on with a sponge and let it sit for 10 minutes then spray off. Its also cheap $3.00 a bottle and it'll last along time.   :ThumbsUp.gif
'01 Raptor-Torri race motor, major mods
'01 Warrior-HMF pipe, KN, Jetted
'97 Warrior-White Bros pipe, KN, jetted
'02 Breeze-begginer
'00 F-350 Dually, 7.3, 4" lift, 35" BFG's, DP Tuner

KB

Quote from: DFD630 on August 11, 2007, 12:53:51 PM
On white plastics I found that SNO-BOWL toilet cleaner works outstanding. Put it on with a sponge and let it sit for 10 minutes then spray off. Its also cheap $3.00 a bottle and it'll last along time.   :ThumbsUp.gif

thats good to know, somebody here was asking how to clean white plastics about a week ago.

HASBEEN

Ah, last but not least and (not as entertaining), a qt of "avoidance" goes a long long way in keeping your machine spiffy looking....... (LOL)

94Hardbody4x4

I've always used Purple Power. That stuff very strong.

Spra down the atv with Spam orWD40 and most of the mud and dirt doesn't stick. At least it comes off easier.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

94Hardbody4x4

I get that when I dont wash it all off. It's like dish soap, it takes 2 or 3 rinses to get it all off. Thats the only downside to it.

We used to have some green stuff awhile back but I don't recall the name.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

Chevy1500z71


KB

#24
I use Simple Green too,  (someimes Grease Lightning)

Diluted a little, say 75% green, w/25% water.
Buy it by the gal. then mix it in a lawn sprayer (kind that you pump up) beats using out of a spray bottle 'cause it'll wear your hand out after awhile.

It dulls alum. a little bit if it stays on there for awhile, spraying motor & entire bike except brakes & seat w/ wd-40 or silicone spray
will keep the bike lookin like it came from the showroom & will make it easier to clean next time you wash it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com